• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How to know which app as put up a specific status bar icon?

Search This thread

tbessie

Jan 18, 2009
Hi all!

Does anyone know if there's a built-in way, or an app, that I can use to find out what app has put an icon on the status bar?

For example, there's currently an "alarm clock" icon in my status bar, but I didn't set an alarm on anything. I'm wonder what app placed it there.

Any way I can find out which app did it?

This is on a Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact running Android 10.

- Tim

Last edited:

tbessie

Jan 18, 2009
Ok, it turns out it was the latest update to DejaOffice - it DOES show alarms/notifications, but since the update, it's showing an alarm icon in the status side of the top/status/notification bar, and not showing a notification. Opening the app does nothing to dispell the alarm icon. I had to go through and kill all of my apps, one at a time, to figure out which app it was.

Now I'll post on the DejaOffice forum about this.

- Tim

Reactions: SMcC2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, it turns out it was the latest update to DejaOffice - it DOES show alarms/notifications, but since the update, it's showing an alarm icon in the status side of the top/status/notification bar, and not showing a notification. Opening the app does nothing to dispell the alarm icon. I had to go through and kill all of my apps, one at a time, to figure out which app it was.

Now I'll post on the DejaOffice forum about this.

- Tim