How to load a custom ROM on a PureTalk X1 Logic phone?

Search This thread

Dougmeister

Jul 14, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I'm trying to get rid of the ad-ware/bloatware that seems to stay even when I do a hard reset.

It's not that great of a phone (it was free after rebate at Kmart, after all...), but if someone could help me at least get rid of the annoying pop-up ads, that'd be *great*.

Maybe rooting it would help?

I don't understand how "Cleaner Pro", "AB Pop!", "DU Antivirus", "Eat24 Yelp", "Magzter", "Spider", "Summoners War", etc. keep getting installed. I'm trying to use it as an "Alfred" webcam, and not only do all of these apps slow it down a lot, but it becomes unusable.

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
I'm trying to get rid of the ad-ware/bloatware that seems to stay even when I do a hard reset.

It's not that great of a phone (it was free after rebate at Kmart, after all...), but if someone could help me at least get rid of the annoying pop-up ads, that'd be *great*.

Maybe rooting it would help?

I don't understand how "Cleaner Pro", "AB Pop!", "DU Antivirus", "Eat24 Yelp", "Magzter", "Spider", "Summoners War", etc. keep getting installed. I'm trying to use it as an "Alfred" webcam, and not only do all of these apps slow it down a lot, but it becomes unusable.
You will have to root the device, then you can either remove bloatware and use ad blockers or you can flash a custom ROM if any exist for your model number.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
Thanks for the reply.

Any tips on how to root it?

Is there a simple way (RootKing?) or do I need to take more advanced steps?
Honestly, the simplest thing would be to do a Google search for:

"How to root (your model number)"

Of there is a known working root method for your device, that will find it, if you get no good results you'll have to try the various universal rooting PC tools and/or the various universal rooting apps.

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
If I Google "how to root X1 Logic", it shows me "Obama phones" that have different menus than mine.

Edit: it still has Android 4.2.2, by the way.
Is X1 Logic your device name or is it your model number, to find your model number go to system settings>about>model number.

That is where model number usually is in settings on most devices, it may be in a different setting location on your device. Find the model number and use that to do your searches.