Question How to lock/unlock bootloader without wiping!

Search This thread

Zibri

Dec 10, 2010
Using the standard XIAOMI batch unlock tool, WHILE you click UNLOCK or after issuing
Code:
fastboot oem lock
keep volume down pressed!

Then from a shell, type:
fastboot -u continue

Reactions: gazza35

gazza35

Sep 10, 2006
Dumfries
Using the standard XIAOMI batch unlock tool, WHILE you click UNLOCK or after issuing
Code:
fastboot oem lock

Then from a shell, type:
fastboot -u continue
Do you mean the Xiaomi Mi Unlock tool??, youre post is a bit vague, are you saying that i can unlock my bootloader without the data being wiped, thats awesome if thats the case

BigChungus321

Code:
fastboot oem lock

Then from a shell, type:
fastboot -u continue
Hmm if you're saying we can re-lock the bootloader without wiping data then there might be a way to keep root and get the bootloader locked... Any videos on the correct setup?

Zibri

Dec 10, 2010
Hmm if you're saying we can re-lock the bootloader without wiping data then there might be a way to keep root and get the bootloader locked... Any videos on the correct setup?
no.. you won't be able to boot an unmodified bootloader....
but you can keep the data partition at least... check something, then reunlock...

gazza35

Sep 10, 2006
Dumfries
Then whats the point if phone wont Boot?.
Its my understanding when you install a rom stock or not, the partition has to be formatted for it to encrypt the new install, so its not gonna boot anyway unless ya wipe data, defeats the purpose for me ha ha, i was hopeful i could unlock and boot back to wiui without having to reinstall lol.

Zibri

Dec 10, 2010
Its my understanding when you install a rom stock or not, the partition has to be formatted for it to encrypt the new install, so its not gonna boot anyway unless ya wipe data, defeats the purpose for me ha ha, i was hopeful i could unlock and boot back to wiui without having to reinstall lol.

Example:
you have a rooted phone with modified bootloader, recovery and everything...
you want to try out an original rom with original locks like in a freshly bought phone
but you don't want to lose applications and data.

Yoou reflash the stock rom without deleting the data partition, and you relock the bootloader. Usually doing so it wipes the data partition too...

It's just a way for testers and hackers to go back and forth without wiping anything.

gazza35

Sep 10, 2006
Dumfries
Example:
you want to try out an original rom with original locks like in a freshly bought phone

Yoou reflash the stock rom without deleting the data partition, and you relock the bootloader. Usually doing so it wipes the data partition too...

It's just a way for testers and hackers to go back and forth without wiping anything.
Nice find man, i get ya, and yer perfect for testing those roms out.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    fastboot oem lock

Then from a shell, type:
    fastboot -u continue
    data will wipe, no other option till now.
    Code:
    fastboot oem lock

Then from a shell, type:
    fastboot -u continue
    NO. data won't wipe. but you won't be able to boot a tampered system.. all you will be able to do is to keep the data partition
    tampered system huh

Example: