How to make a backup with LineageOs recovery?

Search This thread

carsten888

May 27, 2015
On an older phone I used TWRP recovery. That has a brilliant option to create system backups.

How to do that in the LineageOs recovery?

I want to clone one phone to another identical phone. I hope that can be done by creating a backup on phone 1 and install it from recovery on the other. Hopefully including the OS (with all the setting that take hours of fiddling about), apps and data.

Reactions: SigmundDroid

Skorpion96

Aug 28, 2014
Palermo
But fom what I understand the TWRP-backup is only the system, not the apps and data.
In the install instructions for lineageOs, the lineageOs recovery is used. So I followed the instructions exactly. Just surprised there is no backup option.
Obliviously no, twrp backup include everything. I use twrp and when I have to install new lineage os update I boot lineage recovery from fastboot and keep internal recovery as twrp

PhotonIce

Jan 23, 2022
But fom what I understand the TWRP-backup is only the system, not the apps and data.
In the install instructions for lineageOs, the lineageOs recovery is used. So I followed the instructions exactly. Just surprised there is no backup option.
Use twrp backup and select all the partitions. It'll back up everything.
Apps and settings are located in the data partition and other files/data is located in the internal storage partition. boot is the kernel, recovery is the recovery and system in the system image.
If you know what you're doing you could even install a fresh copy of lineage onto another phone and just restore the data and internal storage partitions, and still receive an exact copy of the phone you backup up from while using less space in the backup.

Reactions: SigmundDroid
... An additional question. I apologize if my n00b question should be something I already know. However, I briefly had twrp on my device and then I flashed lineageOS and magisk on slot b and of course it switched to boot from slot b. Since then, I have not been able to access twrp as it is located on slot a. When I boot into recovery, it brings me automatically to lineageOS recovery. How would I access twrp once again?

PhotonIce

Jan 23, 2022
... An additional question. I apologize if my n00b question should be something I already know. However, I briefly had twrp on my device and then I flashed lineageOS and magisk on slot b and of course it switched to boot from slot b. Since then, I have not been able to access twrp as it is located on slot a. When I boot into recovery, it brings me automatically to lineageOS recovery. How would I access twrp once again?
Not sure what you mean by slot A and B, but just try flashing twrp again, it should override lineage recovery.

Not sure what you mean by slot A and B, but just try flashing twrp again, it should override lineage recovery.
On my device there are two slots... A and B. Like two separate partitions that van have software installed to. When I installed my rom I first installed twrp to slot a and then my Tom to slot b which is what runs now when I power on my device. I can't install twrp to the slot my os is on as I would have issues with the os recovery that is on that slot.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    On an older phone I used TWRP recovery. That has a brilliant option to create system backups.

How to do that in the LineageOs recovery?

I want to clone one phone to another identical phone. I hope that can be done by creating a backup on phone 1 and install it from recovery on the other. Hopefully including the OS (with all the setting that take hours of fiddling about), apps and data.
    Use twrp backup and select all the partitions. It'll back up everything.
    Apps and settings are located in the data partition and other files/data is located in the internal storage partition. boot is the kernel, recovery is the recovery and system in the system image.
    If you know what you're doing you could even install a fresh copy of lineage onto another phone and just restore the data and internal storage partitions, and still receive an exact copy of the phone you backup up from while using less space in the backup.