How to make a fine point stylus.

Search This thread

silrosriv

May 2, 2012
I've been experimenting with a lot of conductive materials for a while, but what I found works best for a fine tip stylus is a 2.5 mm headphone male connector. Or 3.5 mm will work also. The best part is that the connector is already conductive enough. You don't have to attach it to anything conductive, or wrap wire around it. Here's a picture of the one I made for myself. I used a 2.5 mm jack and made the body from an old radio antenna that I cut up. It's extremely light. I'm using it on my s5 so I don't know how great it will work on other screens.

Attachments

• 1415470753176.jpg
    1415470753176.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 336
Reactions: D5S

D5S

Aug 18, 2012
That is so cool!

I have been a Galaxy Note user for quite sometime but have been stuck on an old model because they did away with removable batteries... I use the S Pen work work all day pretty much every day and I work in a low signal area so I change out batteries at least once if not twice or three times a day. Yeah, I'm a heavy user.

Anyway, I have been looking for a fine point stylus to replace my S Pen so that I can get LG's new G5 (removable battery) and just use Google Keep with Google Handwriting to keep my notes... So far my search hasn't turned out well.

This stylus you have made looks like something that may be just the thing.

I will definitely be testing this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've been experimenting with a lot of conductive materials for a while, but what I found works best for a fine tip stylus is a 2.5 mm headphone male connector. Or 3.5 mm will work also. The best part is that the connector is already conductive enough. You don't have to attach it to anything conductive, or wrap wire around it. Here's a picture of the one I made for myself. I used a 2.5 mm jack and made the body from an old radio antenna that I cut up. It's extremely light. I'm using it on my s5 so I don't know how great it will work on other screens.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone