How To Guide How to make Android Auto Work on Xiaomi.eu ROM

Search This thread

saisannihith

• Aug 3, 2016
    1) Make sure you turn on the auto start option in app info/settings for all the apps that are used in Android Auto
    Examples: Whatsapp, Messenger, Google Maps, Spotify, Poweramp, Waze etc.,
    2) Try different cable(most !important). My cars android auto was working fine with Poco F2 pro but after i shifted to mi 11 ultra it worked the first day and then stopped. I though it was a ROM issue and before moving to global ROM i tried all the cables in my house. None of them worked except one - the cable that comes with Xiaomi 67w charger with orange accent. If you didnt buy the charger you can go on amazon and search for "Android Auto cable" or you can buy a USB 3.1 Gen 2 Cable anywhere. Make sure it supports 3A current (minimum) and i recommend getting the 6A cable which will also help with fast charging. Hardly costs you 20$ for a good braided cable.
    Here is a cable most of the people on forums bought (no-affiliate link):
    3) if none of the above steps worked, Uninstall current android auto from apps and rollback to a previous version. you can easily find the apk file online.
    4) Last but not least change the car 😛

Reactions: sc954rr

chortya

Jan 20, 2005
    I am struggling to get Android Auto work with my VW Tiguan. Both wired and wireless just fail to connect. Will test other cables but is there any way to get the wireless working?

saisannihith

• Aug 3, 2016
    I am struggling to get Android Auto work with my VW Tiguan. Both wired and wireless just fail to connect. Will test other cables but is there any way to get the wireless working?
    I dont know which ROM you are on. Android auto wont work on Chinese ROM. You have to unlock the bootloader and install xiaomi.eu rom. If you do have xiaomi.eu rom try this:
    Go into settings> Connection and sharing > scroll down to end and find Android Auto> see if the option "Wireless Android Auto" is turned on.

Mauk80

• Jan 10, 2011
    I'm on Xiaomi.eu 12.5.4 and AA works on my Audi but not on my 2021 Lexus. I've tried multiple USB cables, my OnePlus 6 works fine with every cable I used.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      1) Make sure you turn on the auto start option in app info/settings for all the apps that are used in Android Auto
      Examples: Whatsapp, Messenger, Google Maps, Spotify, Poweramp, Waze etc.,
      2) Try different cable(most !important). My cars android auto was working fine with Poco F2 pro but after i shifted to mi 11 ultra it worked the first day and then stopped. I though it was a ROM issue and before moving to global ROM i tried all the cables in my house. None of them worked except one - the cable that comes with Xiaomi 67w charger with orange accent. If you didnt buy the charger you can go on amazon and search for "Android Auto cable" or you can buy a USB 3.1 Gen 2 Cable anywhere. Make sure it supports 3A current (minimum) and i recommend getting the 6A cable which will also help with fast charging. Hardly costs you 20$ for a good braided cable.
      Here is a cable most of the people on forums bought (no-affiliate link):
      3) if none of the above steps worked, Uninstall current android auto from apps and rollback to a previous version. you can easily find the apk file online.
      4) Last but not least change the car 😛
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone