How to make IE default browser.

Search This thread

unk3

Dec 28, 2007
So after 40 minutes of wasting time (searching how to do it) I got nothing.

Anyone know how i can make Internet Explorer the default browser? I tried and couldnt find it.. An answer is all i am looking for.

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
This was originally named something else, but I renamed it so I could find it again. It's buried in a thread somewhere.

Anyway, this restores the registry settings for IE and has fixed IE getting hosed a few times. By Opera, or seemingly randomly. I've had to run this at least 3 times in the last 3 months.

ankit.to.excel

Jan 6, 2009
Code/ Steps to create the cab file

hi,
Can anyone please let me know the xml registry coding used for the same and the procedure for creating this as a cab file? I am really interested in knowing the coding for the attached cab file [;)]
Regards
Amajor

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
hi,
Can anyone please let me know the xml registry coding used for the same and the procedure for creating this as a cab file? I am really interested in knowing the coding for the attached cab file [;)]
Regards
Amajor

There are cab extractors I'm sure that could be used on it, but otherwise I wouldn't have a clue, I just saved it from another thread. I couldn't find the thread, so I just attached the cab I'd saved.

DaveShaw

Senior Moderator Emeritus
Dec 4, 2007
Huddersfield
www.taeguk.co.uk
hi,
Regards
Amajor

Unzip it was WinRAR and have a look at the _setup.xml.
Or try a product like WinCE CAB Manager, or any other good cab creation software :)
Or just google, creating CAB files, there's lots of suggestions

Ta
Dave

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2008
IE vs. Opera

So I have tried switching OPERA TO IE on
tf3d but cant get it. Any ideas? Ive tried using total commander, and using mem. card to laptop and back.

stevation

Mar 11, 2009
Sorry if this is a newb question. It's working with email links, but how do I change the HTC touchflo settings to make IE the browser that is invoked from the touchflo menu at the bottom of the screen? I can't seen any touchflo settings besides the thing about sounds when finger scrolling, etc.

This was originally named something else, but I renamed it so I could find it again. It's buried in a thread somewhere.

Anyway, this restores the registry settings for IE and has fixed IE getting hosed a few times. By Opera, or seemingly randomly. I've had to run this at least 3 times in the last 3 months.

Thanks GREAT!!!!!!!!

wg5566

Feb 5, 2009
SEA
hi,
Regards
Amajor
Sorry if this is a newb question. It's working with email links, but how do I change the HTC touchflo settings to make IE the browser that is invoked from the touchflo menu at the bottom of the screen? I can't seen any touchflo settings besides the thing about sounds when finger scrolling, etc.
Welcome on board!

By searching & reading this greatest smartphone forum in the world you can find the answers of 99% of your questions. First please go to the General >> About this forum section to learn have to make good use of this site.

Glad we have more curious members now!

petermg

Aug 7, 2008
Welcome on board!

By searching & reading this greatest smartphone forum in the world you can find the answers of 99% of your questions. First please go to the General >> About this forum section to learn have to make good use of this site.

Glad we have more curious members now!

Nice way to avoid answering his question.

David Bluecame

Mar 7, 2010
Thank you, you have helped me a lot!!

I've wasting my time looking for a solution for this, as just making an association ended up in infinite loop! (this Microsoft sh*t!), but your program solved it!!!

Thank you from Spain!

David Bluecame.

fulcrumnet

Mar 30, 2010

----> Thanks!

This worked on my HTC Touch Pro and my HTC Touch Pro II ...Opera just isn't ready to be the default browser. Too much overhead, its just too slow (even on the Touch Pro II) and I just cant count on it for viewing web pages consistantly like I can with IE. One day I will be able to watch a YouTube video on my Windows Mobile phone ...still waiting for that day. The Droid certainly is a fast bugger and can you tube but between the keyboard and the excessive power usage ...and quite honestly lack of application support ...I am sticking with Windows for now. This little fix made my life much better. Thanks again.