• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[How-To]Make LG RCT forget that you were rooted

Search This thread

Vagelis1608

Sep 16, 2012
Athens
LG G2 Mini
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
This can be done on any LG device that has RCT in it :D

You can't use FOTA updates because your /system partition has been modified. You will need to flash a KDZ of your device to restore the unmodified state.

How-to at the end of this post

Old post:
Hello everyone.
So, while around XDA, I found something very interesting.

Here is the post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=51580357&postcount=9
The most interesting part is:
Drachenminister said:
then I copied over a file named rct_security containing "forel.lee" as described here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=45659334&postcount=21 and rebooted
After the reboot the rct_security was gone and download mode showed UNROOTED again

So, can someone, with root, try the above?
You can check if it worked by going into download mode or by doing the following (you should try both for better results):
Code:
Type in the dialer app the code: 3845#*620#    (replace the 620 with your device model number)
Scroll down to find LG RCT and click it
Tap "Display Result"
If it says "Not rooted" or "UNROOTED" then it worked! :D

Tested and working!

Do it yourself :) :
0. Root your device (obviously?), install Xposed or any other one-time installation mod.
1. Unroot with SuperSU's "Full Unroot/ Cleanup"
2. Make a file named rct_security (not rct_security.txt !) at /sdcard/ or /storage/emulated/0/ (it's the same ;) )
3. Open it in a text editor and in it enter: forel.lee
4. Reboot
Steps 2, 3 and 4 can be done in a terminal emulator or adb shell:
Code:
touch /sdcard/rct_security
echo "forel.lee" > /sdcard/rct_security
reboot

Done. RCT now thinks that you have never rooted your device and your mods will stay :victory:

Last edited:

invaderjohn

Jun 12, 2009
LG has this thing called "LG RCT" which detects if you have rooted your device.
This "RCT_security" thing is supposed to make the RCT tool think you are not rooted even if you are.

oh ok. but what does that do ? like is it only if the phone gets broken? so they cant see its rooted? sorry for my questions i just wanna know if there any pro's to this if i should try it out :)

Zaaap72

May 2, 2012
Amberg
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=51580357&postcount=9
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=45659334&postcount=21
Code:
Type in the dialer app the code: 3845#*620#    (replace the 620 with your device model number)
Tap "Display Result"

According to my testing, i can change the status in the test menu with changing the /persist/rct.cfg
It will show what ever i type there.
Downloadmode still shows rooted.

forel.lee seams to retriger the RCT Test, because when rooted the it updates the rct.cfg:
Code:
Rooted

Not allowed command had been excuted
  > su

Rooting related file had been installed
  > su

Detection time
  > 2014-07-17 10:24

g2m:LGD620........:5.00

So, if you unroot your phone it might be a way to reset RCT.

Regards,
Zaaap
@Vagelis1608
Why don't you do some tests by your self?

Reactions: WoytazZer CZ

Vagelis1608

Sep 16, 2012
Athens
LG G2 Mini
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
oh ok. but what does that do ? like is it only if the phone gets broken? so they cant see its rooted? sorry for my questions i just wanna know if there any pro's to this if i should try it out :)
Yes, exactly.

According to my testing, i can change the status in the test menu with changing the /persist/rct.cfg

forel.lee seams to retriger the RCT Test, because when rooted the it updates the rct.cfg:
Code:
Rooted

> su

> su

Detection time

Regards,
Zaaap

@Vagelis1608

So, it's only useful when someone unroots his phone (not via kdz flash) to reset the RCT to "Not rooted" again, right?

I didn't try it myself because my G2 Mini is not rooted.

Sent from my D620R [Stock 4.4.2]

Zaaap72

May 2, 2012
Amberg
Did an other test and proved that the RCT root status in test-menu and downloadmode can be rest with farel.lee after unroot with superSU.

BTW the exposed tweeks were still active after unroot and status UNROOTED.

Zaaap

Reactions: Vagelis1608

Vagelis1608

Sep 16, 2012
Athens
LG G2 Mini
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Did an other test and proved that the RCT root status in test-menu and downloadmode can be rest with farel.lee after unroot with superSU.

Zaaap
Thanks a lot :D
That is EXACTLY what I wanted to hear :D

EDIT: I confirm this myself! :D
LG RCT "Not rooted" , Xposed installed! :D

Last edited:

Zaaap72

May 2, 2012
Amberg
Well, 'forel.lee' and RCT are, as far as I know, LG specific.
They are not Android related.

If someone has problems with RCT and searches through XDA he should be able to find this or the original thread.

Only my five cents, so feel free to do what ever you want.

Zaaap

Vagelis1608

Sep 16, 2012
Athens
LG G2 Mini
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Well, 'forel.lee' and RCT are, as far as I know, LG specific.
They are not Android related.

If someone has problems with RCT and searches through XDA he should be able to find this or the original thread.

Only my five cents, so feel free to do what ever you want.

Zaaap
Well, thanks for replying anyway.
I was thinking about a title like this "[LG] [How-To] Install Xposed without LG RCT knowing".

chief

Nov 15, 2012
Hey everyone,
Do you think that I should make a thread at Android General, with a step-by-step guide on how to get Xposed installed without the LG RCT displaying "Rooted"?
I will link back to this thread, of course.

Yes, please.
Tell me also if download mode is clear of "ROOTED" too?
And can I use Xposed after unrooting? Or just my before made settings are enabled?

Last edited:

Vagelis1608

Sep 16, 2012
Athens
LG G2 Mini
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Yes, please.
Tell me also if download mode is clear of "ROOTED" too?
And can I use Xposed after unrooting? Or just my before made settings are enabled?

If in the hidden menu you see "Not rooted" then download mode will say "UNROOTED" . You can go into download mode and see for yourself (plug a usb cable to your pc and then to your G2 Mini, while holding pressed the Vol+ button).
Xposed will remain active, LG RCT won't know about it, but you will need to reroot to update it.

chief

Nov 15, 2012
If in the hidden menu you see "Not rooted" then download mode will say "UNROOTED" . You can go into download mode and see for yourself (plug a usb cable to your pc and then to your G2 Mini, while holding pressed the Vol+ button).
Xposed will remain active, LG RCT won't know about it, but you will need to reroot to update it.

reroot to change any setting in xposed, is that correct?
hey, so will you make the tutorial how to unroot and have "UNROOTED" everywhere, please?

Vagelis1608

Sep 16, 2012
Athens
LG G2 Mini
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
reroot to change any setting in xposed, is that correct?
hey, so will you make the tutorial how to unroot and have "UNROOTED" everywhere, please?

Xposed needs root on (un)installation only
Unroot with SuperSU's full unroot / cleanup option. Then make a file named rct_security at /sdcard/ containing this: forel.lee
Then reboot.

chief

Nov 15, 2012
Xposed needs root on (un)installation only
Unroot with SuperSU's full unroot / cleanup option. Then make a file named rct_security at /sdcard/ containing this: forel.lee
Then reboot.

at /sdcard/ it is the internal storage, yup? just make for example text file and call it 'rct_security' and what with the 'forel.lee' i do?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This can be done on any LG device that has RCT in it :D

You can't use FOTA updates because your /system partition has been modified. You will need to flash a KDZ of your device to restore the unmodified state.

How-to at the end of this post

Old post:
    Hello everyone.
    So, while around XDA, I found something very interesting.

Here is the post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=51580357&postcount=9
    The most interesting part is:
    Drachenminister said:
    then I copied over a file named rct_security containing "forel.lee" as described here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=45659334&postcount=21 and rebooted
    After the reboot the rct_security was gone and download mode showed UNROOTED again

So, can someone, with root, try the above?
    You can check if it worked by going into download mode or by doing the following (you should try both for better results):
    Code:
    Tap "Display Result"
    If it says "Not rooted" or "UNROOTED" then it worked! :D

Tested and working!

Do it yourself :) :
    0. Root your device (obviously?), install Xposed or any other one-time installation mod.
    1. Unroot with SuperSU's "Full Unroot/ Cleanup"
    2. Make a file named rct_security (not rct_security.txt !) at /sdcard/ or /storage/emulated/0/ (it's the same ;) )
    3. Open it in a text editor and in it enter: forel.lee
    4. Reboot
    Steps 2, 3 and 4 can be done in a terminal emulator or adb shell:
    Code:
    touch /sdcard/rct_security
    echo "forel.lee" > /sdcard/rct_security
    reboot

Done. RCT now thinks that you have never rooted your device and your mods will stay :victory:
    I got question:
    I had rooted my phone with towelroot and yesterday i made "Full unroot" via SuperSU. After completing it i made factory reset. Before unrooting and going back to factory i had only Root and Greenify on my phone. Without Xposed. Do I have to make such a file?
    If you unroot with anything other than KDZ flash, then you should create 'rct_security' with 'forel.lee' in it to reset the LG RCT result.

Sent from my GT-I5500 [CM11]
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=51580357&postcount=9
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=45659334&postcount=21
    Code:
    Tap "Display Result"

Code:
    Rooted

> su

> su

Detection time

Regards,
    Zaaap
    @Vagelis1608

Zaaap
    i understand but if someone got busybox and root, factory reset won't format the internal storage so busybox and others will stay.
    that's what i meant - to warn everyone that unroot + rct_security won't work if busybox or some libraries were installd