How to make notifications work! ~ Fix notification bug

Search This thread

kevinrubio1

Oct 13, 2012
Not getting notifications like you're suppose to?

I've recently talked to T-mobile about this issue and they directed me to do a few simple steps. I was amazed how easy it was.
How do you know that you have the problem? Well certain apps; such as, Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, and Instagram, are supposed to send notifications notifying you that something has happened (a photo of yours was liked, you have a new tweet, etc.).

WHAT IS IT: Some people receive notifications late or they may not even get any. I'm here today to tell you how to fix that.

CAUSE: The T-mobile representative told me a common cause of the notification issue. If you clear your cache (of applications) daily, or on a normal basis, it can cause increase traffic for your notifications. Not sure if that's right or not, but I was clearing cache every night so it was just a big coincidence that he said that.

Warning: I am not responsible for any damage to your phone. Please read carefully and then do the steps correctly afterwards. These steps were tested on my phone (model: M919) , and my brother's S4 (which is also the same model). Both are UVUAMDL models.
If you have any questions, please ask.

HOW TO FIX IT:

This does not take away root, your custom recovery, or your custom recovery.

One common fix, that doesn't work for everyone is to install the app through the playstore and to not restore it using titanium backup. This didn't work for me unfortunately, but you can try to clear data,cache, and force stopping it to see if that'll work before you do this. Also, try to uninstall it and reinstalling the applications. These are some solutions I found while I was researching how to fix it. None of those worked for me. So here's my method.

(1) Back up all of your internal storage somewhere safe.

(2) Go to settings.

(3) Click on the "Accounts" tab.

(4) Scroll all the way down to "Backup and reset" and click it.

(5) Make sure "Back up my data" and "Automatic restore" is checked.

(6) Click on "Factory data reset". This will reset all setting and delete all of your apps and data on your device. That's why backing up is step #1.

(7) Click "Reset device".

(8) Click "Delete all".

(9) Your phone should reboot by itself and the boot up time should be around 3 to 5 minutes.

(10) Leave your phone to rest for about 2-3 minutes. It should feel like you just brought the phone, leaving you to set up your personal accounts and such.

(11 ~ OPTIONAL) I flashed the original T-mobile kernel, since I was previously running ktoonsez kernel. I just did it because I wanted it completely stock with root.

IMPORTANT: not restore your previous applications until 24 hours have gone by. That means, un-checking the resotre option in the set up. Although, you can download and install a few apps on the playstore to see if notifications are working.

Also: If you're having bad battery life, do these steps. Pay CLOSE attention to the apps you install on your phone. I know that my battery increased by doing the steps above. I only restored the apps I needed and used from titanium backup!

Last edited:

Narayanlawrence

Apr 17, 2015
Factory reset help

HI, i tried the factory reset and this fixed my snapchat notification issue, however after a certain amount of time it just goes back to not receiving notifications again. What should i do?