how to make samsung music work

Search This thread

QuantumShqipe

Recognized Developer
Nov 2, 2017
London
i don't why but for some odd reason every other android can install samsung music without it crashing what seems to be the issue help would be appreciated to make it working or am i just not doing the right steps?

langeveld024

Jun 7, 2012
i don't why but for some odd reason every other android can install samsung music without it crashing what seems to be the issue help would be appreciated to make it working or am i just not doing the right steps?
Probably you need superuser-mod(patched services.jar) to make it work.
Just Google it and give it a shot, it was fairly easy to do as I remember.
Or install xposed framework, and use a module to patch services.jar. I believe serjars xperiamod has the feature.

Reactions: zacharias.maladroit

QuantumShqipe

Recognized Developer
Nov 2, 2017
London
Or install xposed framework, and use a module to patch services.jar. I believe serjars xperiamod has the feature.

@langeveld024 omg thanks bro finally giving me an option and a way to actually make it work thanks :) because i kinda just love samsung and i used to use an s5 with s8 custom rom good times lol... until it broke lmao

QuantumShqipe

Recognized Developer
Nov 2, 2017
London
Ahh okay. I just tried to install it, didn't work either. Running carbon ROM.
Maybe u can try installing as system app. If that doesn't work the app itself probably needs to be patched for us to work, idk.
Regards

i have lucky patcher installed and i tried didn't seem to work so i will try making it a system app thanks though

QuantumShqipe

Recognized Developer
Nov 2, 2017
London
please does anyone know away just to make this app work lol? Is that too much to ask or no one can be fu*** to deal with this cos i get that at least just tell me lol

Ticklefish

Recognized Themer
Oct 27, 2011
Hampshire, UK
Hiya folks,

I've been asked to take a look at this. I don't have a Z5 sadly, but I can see what I can sort out with the APK itself.

I've downloaded the APK from here: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsung-electronics-co-ltd/music-samsung-electronics-co-ltd/music-samsung-electronics-co-ltd-16-2-12-4-release/ and the Samsung framework files from here: https://mega.nz/#!3xRQ0JJa!fnGrom1tsN65w4g__Ov_rWX_UQvRt4ujWhiR-d1kxSk

We might be able to get this working by editing the Manifest but the first problem we have is that the APK doesn't recompile even without any changes..
Code:
Recompiling "com.sec.android.app.music.apk" With Original Signature, using original "AndroidManifest.xml", rebuilding with aapt2
in work area "_WorkArea1", using "apktool_2.3.3.jar" 

With Tickle My Android 15.4.0.5 
(tinyurl.com\ticklemyandroid) 

----------------

Installed Framework File(s):

framework-res.apk [1.apk]
twframework-res.apk [2.apk]

----------------

I: Using Apktool 2.3.3
I: Smaling smali folder into classes.dex...
I: Smaling smali_classes2 folder into classes2.dex...
I: Smaling smali_classes3 folder into classes3.dex...
I: Building resources...
W: C:\TickleMyAndroid\_WorkArea1\_working\com.sec.android.app.music.apk\res\values\raws.xml:3: error: invalid value for type 'raw'. Expected a reference.
brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec (exit code = 1): [C:\Users\LCHESN~1\AppData\Local\Temp\brut_util_Jar_2362954186141399430.tmp, compile, --dir, C:\TickleMyAndroid\_WorkArea1\_working\com.sec.android.app.music.apk\res, --legacy, -o, C:\TickleMyAndroid\_WorkArea1\_working\com.sec.android.app.music.apk\build\resources.zip]

----------------

Recompile Not Successful!

Deleting the "raws.xml" file doesn't work as the APK won't recompile. Deleting the line in the file doesn't work as the APK won't recompile either. We need to find a way around that before we do anything else.

Good ol' Samsung. Always causing trouble.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hiya folks,

I've been asked to take a look at this. I don't have a Z5 sadly, but I can see what I can sort out with the APK itself.

I've downloaded the APK from here: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsung-electronics-co-ltd/music-samsung-electronics-co-ltd/music-samsung-electronics-co-ltd-16-2-12-4-release/ and the Samsung framework files from here: https://mega.nz/#!3xRQ0JJa!fnGrom1tsN65w4g__Ov_rWX_UQvRt4ujWhiR-d1kxSk

We might be able to get this working by editing the Manifest but the first problem we have is that the APK doesn't recompile even without any changes..
    Code:
    Recompiling "com.sec.android.app.music.apk" With Original Signature, using original "AndroidManifest.xml", rebuilding with aapt2
    in work area "_WorkArea1", using "apktool_2.3.3.jar" 

With Tickle My Android 15.4.0.5 
    (tinyurl.com\ticklemyandroid) 

----------------

Installed Framework File(s):

framework-res.apk [1.apk]
    twframework-res.apk [2.apk]

----------------

I: Using Apktool 2.3.3
    I: Smaling smali folder into classes.dex...
    I: Smaling smali_classes2 folder into classes2.dex...
    I: Smaling smali_classes3 folder into classes3.dex...
    I: Building resources...
    W: C:\TickleMyAndroid\_WorkArea1\_working\com.sec.android.app.music.apk\res\values\raws.xml:3: error: invalid value for type 'raw'. Expected a reference.
    brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec (exit code = 1): [C:\Users\LCHESN~1\AppData\Local\Temp\brut_util_Jar_2362954186141399430.tmp, compile, --dir, C:\TickleMyAndroid\_WorkArea1\_working\com.sec.android.app.music.apk\res, --legacy, -o, C:\TickleMyAndroid\_WorkArea1\_working\com.sec.android.app.music.apk\build\resources.zip]

----------------

Recompile Not Successful!

Deleting the "raws.xml" file doesn't work as the APK won't recompile. Deleting the line in the file doesn't work as the APK won't recompile either. We need to find a way around that before we do anything else.

Good ol' Samsung. Always causing trouble.
    so what do you suggest now @Ticklefish
    @Quantumkk123

We need to find a way around that error message before we can go any further.
    I will contact someone using Samsung if we can be lucky.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone