• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How to make the LG G3 smooth as butter

Search This thread

harveydwijs2

Jan 10, 2012
I don't know if there is already a thread going on about this but i jus wanted to share it with a little introduction :)

2 days ago i was getting a secondhanded LG G3 (16GB, 2GB ram) as replacement for my Oneplus One.
Screen is just gorgeous and so is the build quality (hmm the feeling of this phone)

HOWEVER.... There was a downside... The LG G3 was nowhere as smooth as a regular S5, HTC One, G2 etc.. Pressing the home button from an app takes like half a second, there was some lag when switching apps, keyboard was laggy as i am a fast typer...
So i searched a solution on the internet and it actually worked!

My LG is smooth like butter... Battery was also a tad better!

NOTICE: this is just a summary from all the things i did to my mobile to become lag free! My thanks goes to the people who found this solution so the credits goes to them and not me!

1: Enter the following based on your device model:
3845#*855# (for International model)
3845#*851# (for T-Mobile)
3845#*850# (for AT&T)
5689#*990# - (for Sprint)

2. Scroll down to High Temperature Property OFF,and select
3. Turn it ON... (Don't press back or home, just switch the phone off)
4. Turn G3 fully off...
5. Wait at least 10sec...
6. Turn it back on and wait about 30sec. when Screen Lock shows...

1. Again enter hidden menu according to your device model number
2. Select Thermal Daemon Mitigation OFF (again don't go back, just turn the phone off)
3. Turn it ON
4. Turn OFF your G3.
5. Wait for around 30sec
6. Turn it on and after lock screen appears unlock it
7. Wait for at least 60sec more for G3 to finish sync and stuff
8. BOOM much more fluid and much faster G3

(thanks to: stefan063)

Want more speed?

1. Go to settings > About the phone > Software information > Tap a few times on Build-number untill it shows "you are a developer!"
2. go back and go in to developer options
3. Tap on Select Runtime
4. Default is Dalvik but choose ART instead
5. Phone auto reboots (takes a long time so don't worry)
6. Wait till finished and BAM, speedy LG :D

Want lightning speed by sound speedyness?

1. Just install a different launcher :) (I use Nova)

greets!

manaox2

Oct 1, 2010
ART causes wakelocks and Bluetooth audio stuttering. Thermal mitigation keeps clocks high and hurts battery life. Launcher replacement if it is stable makes sense, LG 's skin hurts more than anything.

koppee1

Jul 1, 2007
I recently just switched to art. I'm using nova launcher so no lag there. One app I've noticed is slower to launch though is clash of clans. It takes longer for the logo to appear at the star. But seemingly gets better battery life..

daryll54321

Jul 30, 2014
I recently just switched to art. I'm using nova launcher so no lag there. One app I've noticed is slower to launch though is clash of clans. It takes longer for the logo to appear at the star. But seemingly gets better battery life..

may i know what this nova launcher is? sorry im really a newbie.. is it like rooting the phone? i want also to speed my phone although it's fast already. I just want to try things but im afraid if it will affect some warranty issues? or no?

Moostafa29

Aug 19, 2013
Hayward, CA
may i know what this nova launcher is? sorry im really a newbie.. is it like rooting the phone? i want also to speed my phone although it's fast already. I just want to try things but im afraid if it will affect some warranty issues? or no?

You can download in the playstore. You can think of it as the icing, and the cake would be the ROM. Replacing the launcher only replaces the top layer, what you see and how the interface looks while you are on the home screen. It does not void your warranty.

Marcovanbasten

Dec 16, 2008
Just download it from the playstore, it will change your life...
It has a lot of options, you can also download themes for nova on the playstore.

jellmoo

Oct 2, 2011

Small word of warning: I switched to ART as soon as I setup my G3. Clash of Clans worked great for a few days, but then wouldn't start at all. I tried everything I could think of, from reboots, to wiping data, to uninstalling and reinstalling. No dice. It only started working again when I switched back to Dalvik.

Hopefully you won't see that issue, but it certainly made me realize that ART as it is in the wild, isn't quite ready for prime time.

koppee1

Jul 1, 2007
Small word of warning: I switched to ART as soon as I setup my G3. Clash of Clans worked great for a few days, but then wouldn't start at all. I tried everything I could think of, from reboots, to wiping data, to uninstalling and reinstalling. No dice. It only started working again when I switched back to Dalvik.

Hopefully you won't see that issue, but it certainly made me realize that ART as it is in the wild, isn't quite ready for prime time.

I actually didn't see any problems with ART..but i eventually went back to dalvik for xposed. I wasn't too sure if battery really was improved or not...so i figure..what the heck...i'll just go back to dalvik haha

Batfink33

Apr 8, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I actually didn't see any problems with ART..but i eventually went back to dalvik for xposed. I wasn't too sure if battery really was improved or not...so i figure..what the heck...i'll just go back to dalvik haha

ART shouldn't really affect battery life that much,only around an extra 5% in its current beta form. The theory is that with dalvik, everytime you start an app it has to convert that app into bytecode to launch it. With ART it pre compiles the bytecode on first run. The converting into bytecode uses extra CPU cycles thus extra battery so changing from dalvik to ART should make a difference. As it is only in beta form on 4.4.2 there's really not much difference.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't know if there is already a thread going on about this but i jus wanted to share it with a little introduction :)

2 days ago i was getting a secondhanded LG G3 (16GB, 2GB ram) as replacement for my Oneplus One.
    Screen is just gorgeous and so is the build quality (hmm the feeling of this phone)

HOWEVER.... There was a downside... The LG G3 was nowhere as smooth as a regular S5, HTC One, G2 etc.. Pressing the home button from an app takes like half a second, there was some lag when switching apps, keyboard was laggy as i am a fast typer...
    So i searched a solution on the internet and it actually worked!

My LG is smooth like butter... Battery was also a tad better!

NOTICE: this is just a summary from all the things i did to my mobile to become lag free! My thanks goes to the people who found this solution so the credits goes to them and not me!

1: Enter the following based on your device model:
    3845#*855# (for International model)
    3845#*851# (for T-Mobile)
    3845#*850# (for AT&T)
    5689#*990# - (for Sprint)

2. Scroll down to High Temperature Property OFF,and select
    3. Turn it ON... (Don't press back or home, just switch the phone off)
    4. Turn G3 fully off...
    5. Wait at least 10sec...
    6. Turn it back on and wait about 30sec. when Screen Lock shows...

1. Again enter hidden menu according to your device model number
    2. Select Thermal Daemon Mitigation OFF (again don't go back, just turn the phone off)
    3. Turn it ON
    4. Turn OFF your G3.
    5. Wait for around 30sec
    6. Turn it on and after lock screen appears unlock it
    7. Wait for at least 60sec more for G3 to finish sync and stuff
    8. BOOM much more fluid and much faster G3

(thanks to: stefan063)

Want more speed?

1. Go to settings > About the phone > Software information > Tap a few times on Build-number untill it shows "you are a developer!"
    2. go back and go in to developer options
    3. Tap on Select Runtime
    4. Default is Dalvik but choose ART instead
    5. Phone auto reboots (takes a long time so don't worry)
    6. Wait till finished and BAM, speedy LG :D

Want lightning speed by sound speedyness?

1. Just install a different launcher :) (I use Nova)

greets!
    ART causes wakelocks and Bluetooth audio stuttering.

I tried ART on my D855, it introduced massive amounts of lag. Back to Dalvik and it's fine
    How about you add the downside to these options to the OP

Sent from my VS985 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    I use solo launcher and I have no lag at all.try it out.
    You can't see that because in 5.0 Lolipop there is only ART runtime by default.