• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[HOW TO] Make your own Boot Animation

Search This thread

cdesai

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 16, 2011
IN YOUR HEAD
1. Make a folder named bootanimation.
2. Inside the bootani folder you made, make 2 folder, *part 0* and *part 1*
3. make a desc.txt file and write following words inside.

Code:
240 400 15p 1 0 part0p 0 0 part1

Save it and put it in bootani folder.
[NOTE:]
240 400 = 240X400, screen resolution of Galaxy 3.
15 = 15fps, play 15 frame per second/play 15 picture per second.
p 1 0 part0 means it will load folder part0. After it finish folder part0, it will keep replaying folder part1.

4. Copy the file and install in your mobile phone.
5. Then you need a few hundred to a few thousands of photo.
[NOTE:if u want a 10 seconds boot animation, u need 150 photos. Because the animation is running at 15fps (15 frame per seconds / 15 picture per seconds).]

6. You can download a few people's bootanimation.zip and extract it out and save in folder part0.
[NOTE: Galaxy 3 screen resolution is 240X400, if u download a bigger resolution, just compress it or resize it into 240X400.]
7. Arrange the photo.
[NOTE: If you want a smaller size of bootanimaition.zip, use jpg file type. Sometimes the PNG file size is smaller than jpg.]
8. Label from 001-999 or 0001-9999
[NOTE: ONLY use 4 digit number, example 0001-9999, if u want >1 minute of animaition {1 minute of boot animaition =60secX15fps=900 photos.}.] )

9. After finish creating, save it into folder part0 and copy photo that you want it to keep replaying in folderpart0.
10.Paste it into folder part1.
11. Then highlight part0, part1, desc.txt and press right click > add to archive.

12. Then you will see winzip coming out.
13. Select ZIP in archive format. Then choose STORE in compress method and type bootanimation.zip in archive name.
14. Now connect your phone and computer.

15. copy the bootanimation.zip into SD card.
16. go to all apps > root explorer > sd card > copy bootanimation.zip > press back > go data > local > and you will see a bootanimation.zip
17. press PASTE and your new bootanimation.zip will replace it.

18. YOU'RE done! Just restart your phone and you will have your new boot animation! ENJOY!!!

Will make it more easier and better soon!!!

P.S. Video tutorial coming soon!!! :D :D :D

HIT the THANKS button if you like my work

Last edited:

cdesai

Jan 16, 2011
IN YOUR HEAD
You'll need:
1. Notepad or any text editor
2. Winzip
3. A batch image resizer/converter-i prefer irfanview (optional but highly recommended)
4. Photoshop or something like that if you to make one from scratch-i prefer gimp free open source and light (optional but recommended)
5. Quicktime pro if you want to rip videos to images (optional but recommended)

Last edited:

cdesai

Jan 16, 2011
IN YOUR HEAD
[HOW TO] Port bootanimations!!!

How to port bootanimations

THE SIMPLE WAY:
  • First of all download a bootanimation(If you dont have one)
  • Open it with any zip program like 7zip or Winzip
  • There will be a desc.txt file in it with something like this
    Code:
     XXX XXX 15p 1 0 part0p 0 0 part1
    or something similar
  • Replace the XXX XXX with 240 400(resolution of G3) to make it look something like this
    Code:
  • Save the file
  • Push or paste the file in /system/media or /data/local(first one recommended , second one if you dont have root-but it'll show both animations-stock nd yours if used second method)
  • ENJOY!!!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. Make a folder named bootanimation.
    2. Inside the bootani folder you made, make 2 folder, *part 0* and *part 1*
    3. make a desc.txt file and write following words inside.

Code:

Save it and put it in bootani folder.
    [NOTE:]
    240 400 = 240X400, screen resolution of Galaxy 3.
    15 = 15fps, play 15 frame per second/play 15 picture per second.
    p 1 0 part0 means it will load folder part0. After it finish folder part0, it will keep replaying folder part1.

4. Copy the file and install in your mobile phone.
    5. Then you need a few hundred to a few thousands of photo.
    [NOTE:if u want a 10 seconds boot animation, u need 150 photos. Because the animation is running at 15fps (15 frame per seconds / 15 picture per seconds).]

6. You can download a few people's bootanimation.zip and extract it out and save in folder part0.
    [NOTE: Galaxy 3 screen resolution is 240X400, if u download a bigger resolution, just compress it or resize it into 240X400.]
    7. Arrange the photo.
    [NOTE: If you want a smaller size of bootanimaition.zip, use jpg file type. Sometimes the PNG file size is smaller than jpg.]
    8. Label from 001-999 or 0001-9999
    [NOTE: ONLY use 4 digit number, example 0001-9999, if u want >1 minute of animaition {1 minute of boot animaition =60secX15fps=900 photos.}.] )

9. After finish creating, save it into folder part0 and copy photo that you want it to keep replaying in folderpart0.
    10.Paste it into folder part1.
    11. Then highlight part0, part1, desc.txt and press right click > add to archive.

12. Then you will see winzip coming out.
    13. Select ZIP in archive format. Then choose STORE in compress method and type bootanimation.zip in archive name.
    14. Now connect your phone and computer.

15. copy the bootanimation.zip into SD card.
    16. go to all apps > root explorer > sd card > copy bootanimation.zip > press back > go data > local > and you will see a bootanimation.zip
    17. press PASTE and your new bootanimation.zip will replace it.

18. YOU'RE done! Just restart your phone and you will have your new boot animation! ENJOY!!!

Will make it more easier and better soon!!!

P.S. Video tutorial coming soon!!! :D :D :D

HIT the THANKS button if you like my work
    You'll need:
    1. Notepad or any text editor
    2. Winzip
    3. A batch image resizer/converter-i prefer irfanview (optional but highly recommended)
    4. Photoshop or something like that if you to make one from scratch-i prefer gimp free open source and light (optional but recommended)
    5. Quicktime pro if you want to rip videos to images (optional but recommended)
    [HOW TO] Port bootanimations!!!

How to port bootanimations

THE SIMPLE WAY:
    • First of all download a bootanimation(If you dont have one)
    • Open it with any zip program like 7zip or Winzip
    • There will be a desc.txt file in it with something like this
      Code:
       XXX XXX 15p 1 0 part0p 0 0 part1
      or something similar
    • Replace the XXX XXX with 240 400(resolution of G3) to make it look something like this
      Code:
    • Save the file
    • Push or paste the file in /system/media or /data/local(first one recommended , second one if you dont have root-but it'll show both animations-stock nd yours if used second method)
    • ENJOY!!!
    Thanks for the guide it was helpful and I finally got it working I just have to tidy it up a bit now I fully use it.

One question though is do I just swap the MP3 file with one I want , I tried to do that and then I just got the black screen again , the permissions were right but it just did not play
    Thanks
    Which mp3 file and where

And hit the thanks button if you like my work!

:D
    I have the mp3 file from the Leedroid boot (r2d2) which I want to change to myach my boot bit when I did there was no sound just the black screen

I will bit the thanks button when next on my PC on holidays now and unable
    Sent from my Desire HD using XDA Premium App

You need a .snd file named poweron.snd to play it on boot
    PM me your mp3
    Will convert
    :D