How to make your X8 LOOK like ICS (For GDX V20 only)

Search This thread

RohinZaraki

Sep 8, 2011
PHP:
[GUIDE]Here's how to make your X8 look like it has ICS :) !

Notice : This is not real ICS so no hating on this thread about me scamming people ;). This ICS project was only tested on GingerDX V20. I cannot be held responsible if you decide to flash it on another ROM or VERSION and it screws up your phone :D flash at your own risk !

Thanks goes to doixanh for his brilliant rom , kovdev for the cool ADW ICS theme, zieaditya for the fantastic ICS framework and UI and JULIOJS for the ICS clock wdget.Thank them if you haven't !

1.First of all, you need to download ADW Launcher or ADW launcher EX from the Market.

2. Download the ADW ICS theme from the android market

https://market.android.com/details?id=kov.theme.ics

3. Apply the theme from the ICS theme menu and apply the theme wallpaper for further effect :D

4. Download and install the ICS framework and System UI by zieaditya (btw thnx again :D) from here :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1347452

5. Install it via CWM recovery. Reboot. Enjoy :cool:

6. Download the ICS clock from the android market and use it as your clock widget

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.icecreamsandwichclock.clock&feature=related_apps

7. OPTIONAL ! Edit your Android Ver. to 4.0.1 :D:D:D. Using root explorer, go to system->build.prop. Press and hold the build prop until the pop up menu appears. Select 'Open in text editor'. Look for the line

ro.build version.release=2.3.7

8. Change 2.3.7 to 4.0.1

9. Press back, exit and save it.

10. Press and hold the build prop again, in the pop up menu press 'Copy' and enter 'bin'.

11. Paste it in bin and reboot.

12. Enjoy :D !

P.S. PLEASE MAKE A BACKUP IN CASE SOMETHING GOES WRONG ! Because if you screw up when you're flashing the system ui and if you have no backup, your ui will become messed up. If that does happen, restore your backup and the system ui will be restored :) ! Or if you have the GDX V20.zip with you, reinstalling the rom will also work if you forgot to make a backup ;). PM me if you have any probs cuz im very free for the next 1 month so I can help. Don't worry, I won't bite :rolleyes: .

Last edited:

RohinZaraki

Sep 8, 2011
Screenshoots :

uploadfromtaptalk1322289625690.jpguploadfromtaptalk1322289646857.jpguploadfromtaptalk1322289671234.jpguploadfromtaptalk1322289692004.pnguploadfromtaptalk1322289717105.png

Sent from my X8 using xda premium

Attachments

• screenshot-1322290098339.jpg
    screenshot-1322290098339.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 263
  • screenshot-1322290185498.png
    screenshot-1322290185498.png
    42.9 KB · Views: 281
  • screenshot-1322288320405.png
    screenshot-1322288320405.png
    49.2 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:

- Swift -

Sep 8, 2011
Galway, Ireland
Nice one.

I might try it out later today.
Does the system UI overwrite the default GDX ui?

I have a complete BACKUP of my system but I done want to do that just to get back default GDX UI.

Or is that the only way to get it back,'?

I hit the thanks btw ;)

Leave a thanks if I helped! :D

Reactions: RohinZaraki

RohinZaraki

Sep 8, 2011
Nice one.

I have a complete BACKUP of my system but I done want to do that just to get back default GDX UI.

I hit the thanks btw ;)

Yes the gdx ui is overwritten but if you dont want to fully restore the WHOLE phone, you could advance restore :) in advance restore you just restore 'system' and not data or cache ;)

Or

Go to system/app and copy and paste the system ui onto your sd card. Then, go to system/framework and do the same thing with the framewok-res.apk file in it. So incase something goes wrong, just copy and paste the backups to their original location, reboot and enjoy :)

Last edited:
Reactions: - Swift -

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PHP:
    [GUIDE]Here's how to make your X8 look like it has ICS :) !

Notice : This is not real ICS so no hating on this thread about me scamming people ;). This ICS project was only tested on GingerDX V20. I cannot be held responsible if you decide to flash it on another ROM or VERSION and it screws up your phone :D flash at your own risk !

Thanks goes to doixanh for his brilliant rom , kovdev for the cool ADW ICS theme, zieaditya for the fantastic ICS framework and UI and JULIOJS for the ICS clock wdget.Thank them if you haven't !

1.First of all, you need to download ADW Launcher or ADW launcher EX from the Market.

2. Download the ADW ICS theme from the android market

https://market.android.com/details?id=kov.theme.ics

3. Apply the theme from the ICS theme menu and apply the theme wallpaper for further effect :D

4. Download and install the ICS framework and System UI by zieaditya (btw thnx again :D) from here :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1347452

5. Install it via CWM recovery. Reboot. Enjoy :cool:

6. Download the ICS clock from the android market and use it as your clock widget

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.icecreamsandwichclock.clock&feature=related_apps

7. OPTIONAL ! Edit your Android Ver. to 4.0.1 :D:D:D. Using root explorer, go to system->build.prop. Press and hold the build prop until the pop up menu appears. Select 'Open in text editor'. Look for the line

ro.build version.release=2.3.7

8. Change 2.3.7 to 4.0.1

9. Press back, exit and save it.

10. Press and hold the build prop again, in the pop up menu press 'Copy' and enter 'bin'.

11. Paste it in bin and reboot.

12. Enjoy :D !

P.S. PLEASE MAKE A BACKUP IN CASE SOMETHING GOES WRONG ! Because if you screw up when you're flashing the system ui and if you have no backup, your ui will become messed up. If that does happen, restore your backup and the system ui will be restored :) ! Or if you have the GDX V20.zip with you, reinstalling the rom will also work if you forgot to make a backup ;). PM me if you have any probs cuz im very free for the next 1 month so I can help. Don't worry, I won't bite :rolleyes: .
    Screenshoots :

uploadfromtaptalk1322289625690.jpguploadfromtaptalk1322289646857.jpguploadfromtaptalk1322289671234.jpguploadfromtaptalk1322289692004.pnguploadfromtaptalk1322289717105.png

nice guide,,i'll hit the thanks for you mate :)
    Nice one.

I hit the thanks btw ;)

Nice one.

I hit the thanks btw ;)

Yes the gdx ui is overwritten but if you dont want to fully restore the WHOLE phone, you could advance restore :) in advance restore you just restore 'system' and not data or cache ;)

Or

Go to system/app and copy and paste the system ui onto your sd card. Then, go to system/framework and do the same thing with the framewok-res.apk file in it. So incase something goes wrong, just copy and paste the backups to their original location, reboot and enjoy :)

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone