• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

how to manually apply ota update on rooted moto g5s plus

Search This thread

jm_sanders

Dec 21, 2017
I have received the "Blur_Version.26.241.8.sanders.retail.en.US.zip" ota-update.zip on my rooted device but I don't want to unroot my device.
I've been reading somewhere that it is possible to edit a file contained in the ota-zip and then flash the modified ota-zip with twrp or adb-sideload.
Any help or link will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Adi5

Aug 8, 2017
Malbork
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
I have received the "Blur_Version.26.241.8.sanders.retail.en.US.zip" ota-update.zip on my rooted device but I don't want to unroot my device.
I've been reading somewhere that it is possible to edit a file contained in the ota-zip and then flash the modified ota-zip with twrp or adb-sideload.
Thanks in advance
Flash stock firmware.... No way with root It will **** your phone

Sent from my Moto G5S Plus using XDA Labs

akash816

Jun 21, 2018
Thanks in advance

save your file in adb folder in minimal fastboot and open command promt from there and push below command and it will install.

adb sideload yourfilename.zip

phone must be in recovery mode with adb update ticked,you may get thumbprint keys error. :eek: