[How-To]N930T - Root, Mods, Everything Working - 9/29/16 - Updated to PI4 System.img

Search This thread

misterpogs

Aug 13, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
This is awesome! Thank you!

So everything works now, except for S Health. I had followed the instructions for rooting (when nomods was at v1) to the T. Once nomods v3 came out, I flashed that zip and was able to update Galaxy Apps. Today, I got the Fit 2 and tried to set up S Health, but the setup hangs at "Preparing Knox". I had previously set S Health up, but I had also logged out of my Samsung Account since to update Galaxy Apps. Did I just screw myself over?

Sent from my SM-N930T using XDA-Developers mobile app

OvrDriVE

Sep 8, 2012
Fresno
This is awesome! Thank you!

So everything works now, except for S Health. I had followed the instructions for rooting (when nomods was at v1) to the T. Once nomods v3 came out, I flashed that zip and was able to update Galaxy Apps. Today, I got the Fit 2 and tried to set up S Health, but the setup hangs at "Preparing Knox". I had previously set S Health up, but I had also logged out of my Samsung Account since to update Galaxy Apps. Did I just screw myself over?

it's because knox has been removed. if i readd it it will still fail. as i have tryed. you have to start over.
sorry

misterpogs

Aug 13, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I followed the steps and flashed with flash fire but no themes update came up and the galaxy apps gave me same install error .In flashfire does mount system read and write need to be checked?

I clicked on the option to browse more themes, and that's when themes prompted me to update it. Once I confirmed the update, it asked me to log in.

Nihonno

Jun 7, 2010
Bluetooth was working fine this morning when pairing it with the car before leaving to work. Now Bluetooth won't connect with anything. Tried rebooting a few times as well as toggling with airplane mode. I'll try to re-flash (odin) the T-mobile CP package again or maybe the Note7Update package. Not sure what happened.

twe90kid

Jan 20, 2008
Bluetooth was working fine this morning when pairing it with the car before leaving to work. Now Bluetooth won't connect with anything. Tried rebooting a few times as well as toggling with airplane mode. I'll try to re-flash (odin) the T-mobile CP package again or maybe the Note7Update package. Not sure what happened.

Known issue, you need to unpair and pair again.

auxny

Sep 10, 2009
Easton
So does smart switch not work for restoring a backup after root? i try to open it after i've completed all the steps and it closes out after the smart switch splash screen.

the computer freezes at 4% of restoring home screen when trying to initiate it from PC

tkdsl

XDA TV Producer / Portal Team
Jul 12, 2007
Los Angeles
www.tktechbay.com
does anybody have a link to the Stock T-mobile firmware ? I could not find it, I am trying to start over as something did not work for me. I must have missed a step.
thank you

Nihonno

Jun 7, 2010
Did you install your apps from the playstore or did you use TB or Smart switch to restore them? It's been noted that not installing the apps from the playstore results in boot loops.

Oh definitely. I restored all the apps from the Play Store. I'm not having bootloops. Just random reboots. I've noticed them to be while the phone is plugged in via USB or charger.

Strange. Wonder if anyone else is having the issue. I know this is a pretty experimental setup we have so there's definitely going to be gremlins. Not complaining, just reporting findings to see if the issue is isolated.

BadBoiViet

May 18, 2013
Phoenix
I reinstalled all my apps via playstore and galaxy store. Mine reboots only when it's charging. Weird. Going to try to reroot from the beginning again and see if it helps.

Reactions: airam0931

rudbwoy

Jan 29, 2011
Bay Area
I reinstalled all my apps via playstore and galaxy store. Mine reboots only when it's charging...
Cool. Thanks for this information. That rules out the possibility of TB corruption. "Could be this, that, or the other thing." I wonder if your device has anything to do with the battery, and the reboots that happen while charging...

BadBoiViet

May 18, 2013
Phoenix
Cool. Thanks for this information. That rules out the possibility of TB corruption. "Could be this, that, or the other thing." I wonder if your device has anything to do with the battery, and the reboots that happen while charging...
Hopefully it's a easy fix. It's annoying to re pair my Bluetooth devices everyday.

Nihonno

Jun 7, 2010
After flashing the TEKX EXPANSION V1 pack, the reboots have stopped. it's been a few hours but just letting you guys know. This is flashed on top of the NOTE7UPDATE from overdrive.

Reactions: BadBoiViet

airam0931

Oct 2, 2015
San Diego
Oh definitely. I restored all the apps from the Play Store. I'm not having bootloops. Just random reboots. I've noticed them to be while the phone is plugged in via USB or charger.

Strange. Wonder if anyone else is having the issue. I know this is a pretty experimental setup we have so there's definitely going to be gremlins. Not complaining, just reporting findings to see if the issue is isolated.
Also having this issue and it happened after I flashed his fix

---------- Post added at 04:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 AM ----------

After flashing the TEKX EXPANSION V1 pack, the reboots have stopped. it's been a few hours but just letting you guys know. This is flashed on top of the NOTE7UPDATE from overdrive.
Where would I find this? Thanks in advance

---------- Post added at 04:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 AM ----------

Dev please fix issue of reboots randomly while charging. Thanks in advance

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here it is. Full T-mobile With root, wifi calling, bluetooth and volte all working - since this is t-mobile based all bands should work as well

Updated to use API4 System Image and API4 Modem - MyMods has also been updated for the API4 System - Whatever you do DO NOT FLASH the API4 BL file. you will be Stuck on the new firmware without root if you do this as you cannot go back

To Avoid Repeat Questons. READ! READ IT AGAIN! and then READ it once more! if you do not Understand any part of this. Do Not Continue!!!

This Guide assumes you have some basic knowledge and is for advanced users!!!!!!!!
    This Guide also Assumes you have an sdcard inserted in your phone(however some of you may not and this will not work.)
    i will post an update to this guide when we have a method working for those of you with no extsdcard

Read this entire post before doing anything to avoid issues and FOLLOW Directions - if you don't things will not work right.

Note! if at anytime during the following steps you see the samsung boot animation before step 11. start over cause you screwed up!

Step 1. download the following files

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24651430732237653 bbx.rar
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457084094631641263 API4 system.rar
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24686680535467223 T-mobile APGC Bootloader
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862665245 T-mobile API4 Modem

Step 2. extract system.rar and bbx.rar and then copy system.img and bbx to your extsdcard(the sdcard you inserted into your phone)

Step 3. odin sprint userdebug firmware available here. http://xdaforums.com/sprint-note-7/how-to/root-super-leaky-bros-sprint-galaxy-t3447202

Step 4. Directly after odin is done with the sprint file you will immidiatly be presented with an update screen
    Step 4a when this process of erasing your phone is finished it will reboot(this is the point you want to do the next step)
    Step 4b. press and hold power, home and vol up to enter recovery
    Step 4c If you see the samsung boot animation. you did NOT do this right and i would suggest you start over

Step 5. open a command prompt in your adb folder and do the following steps 1 at a time(these are case sensative)
    Step 5a. adb shell
    Step 5b. su
    Step 5c. setenforce 0
    Step 5d. export PATH=$PATH:/sbin
    Step 5e. mount -o remount,rw /
    Step 5f. on your phone, go to apply update from sdcard(this will mount your extsdcard as /sdcard and you should see the system.img file and the bbx file) do not select anything, go back to adb and continue(it is not a big deal if those files don't show. we just needed the extsdcard mounted as sdcard - the files exist, just continue to the next step)
    Step 5g. cp /sdcard/bbx /sbin/bbx
    Step 5h. chmod 777 /sbin/bbx
    Step 5i. cd /sbin
    Step 5j. ./bbx --install /sbin
    Step 5k. umount -l /system
    Step 5l. /sbin/dd if=/sdcard/system.img of=/dev/block/platform/soc/624000.ufshc/by-name/system
    Note. you will see a blinking cursor. just be patient

Step 7. when it is done you will see something similar to this
    11161600+0 records in
    11161600+0 records out
    5714739200 bytes (5.3GB) copied, 268.668086 seconds, 20.3MB/s

Step 8. if all went well you should be at your prompt and not in adb anymore

Step 9. from your command prompt simply type
    Step 9a. adb reboot bootloader

Note! - if you still have odin open and the sprint file in the ap box make sure you uncheck it so it doesn't reodin the sprint firmware
    Step 10. open odin and click the bl button and select this file - BL_N930TUVU1APGC_CL8706614_QB10376889_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
    Step 10b. now click the cp button and select this file - CP_N930TUVU2API4_CL9115549_QB10937257_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
    Step 10c. now click start. it will reboot when done let it fully boot this time.

Step 11. once booted and you have setup your phone, we need to add the root files or supersu as most of you know it

Note! pertaining to Step 12. these instructions were taken Explicitly from @freeza thread which is listed in step 3
    Step 12. Now we need to add supersu and the needed files for it to work
    Step 12a. download this file - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24651430732236679
    Step 12b. Extract the sun7 file to your adb folder making sure the files are in a folder called sun7(mine looks like this - c:/adb/sun7 and contains 4 files)
    Step 12c. Open a command prompt where your ADB executable and sun7 folder are.
    Step 12d. adb shell
    Step 12e. su - Note! if your adb prompot changes from a $ to #(you are good and have root access)
    Step 12f. type exit twice to get back to the command prompt. - Your Phone should be fully booted when you do this
    Step 12g. adb push sun7 /data/local/tmp/su
    Step 12h. adb shell chmod 0777 /data/local/tmp/su/*
    Step 12i. adb shell
    Step 12j. cd data/local/tmp/su
    Step 12k. su
    Step 12l. ./root.sh - Note. this command begins with a . do not leave it out
    Step 12m. Your Phone will now reboot

Step 13. when booted back up go to playstore and install busybox on rails or a similar app and install busybox to /system/xbin(if your given an option of where to install it)

Step 14. Thats Pretty Much it. install any additions i have included if you like. most of all enjoy it

Additional Notes!

If for any reason you do a factory reset. you will break root and need to redo this method to get it back
    If you use shealth do not update it or allow playstore or galaxy appstore to auto update it or it will break it
    If you plan on running the debloat/deknox file you will need to disable auto updates in google playstore as soon as you finish the setup wizard or you will be uninstalling the apps that managed to update
    Note! Keep in mind that i remove alot of things(ie. allshare, knox, gear manager, game manager, tmo apps, google apps, facebook and alot of other things) if you need any of what i remove, you can simply open the zip and go to META-INF/com/google/android and open the following file "updater-script" in notepad++(do not open it with windows notepad as it will screw up the formatting on the entrys) you will see a whole bunch of lines that begin with delete_recursive, remove the lines with names of the apps you do not want removed. most of this stuff is self explanatory by it's name as to what it is and should be very easy to figure out. when done editing the file, save it. and flash the updated zip in flashfire. it's as simple as that.

Additional Files for those that want them(these are all flashed via flashfire)

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=385035244224381428 my modifications zip API4 Version(very minor mods to statusbar and a few other added features)
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24686680535467932 debloat/deknox zip - Updated with remaining t-mo apps i missed initially
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24651430732237106 beats audio installer(this is a blue themed version done by me)
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24651430732237109 Dolby Atmos Installer
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24651430732237107 Viper4Android Installer
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24651430732237108 selinuxmodechanger.apk so you can set kernel to permissive for viper(this is an apk. just install it from your sdcard)

My Mods Contains the Following Modifications

3minit battery
    battery bar - option is in rom control
    potato clock
    loud volume warning - toggle to disable or enable this via rom control
    network speed on statusbar - option in rom control
    aokp rambar in recents
    added some additional toggles
    ability to move the wifi and signal bar indicator to the left or right side via a toggle in rom control
    a few csc tweaks
    Applock Added - Thanks @TEKHD

FOLLOW Directions - if you don't things will not work right.

thank you to the following:

@freeza - for posting the original userdebug file
    @ted77usa - for testing
    @bajasur - for the initial idea which ultimately led to this
    @Surge1223 - for the busybox installer and the adb help and android commands that make this work
    @galaxyuser88 - for testing this and pointing out some flaws
    @Hashcode - for inspiration

and anyone i missed

this was a complete collaboration and is only available because of those mentioned so be sure to give them thanks

Big Thanks to @galaxyuser88 for testing the mods for me as i can't
    OK All. OP Updated with new method

enjoy and make sure you read, read again, and then read it one last time before you start

enjoy your rooted t-mo note 7
    i got it. t-mo rooted. need to do some additional testing. and simplify the process for all but i am rooted on t-mo

Screenshot_20160908-234706.pngScreenshot_20160908-234710.pngScreenshot_20160908-234715.pngScreenshot_20160908-234721.pngScreenshot_20160909-011816.jpgScreenshot_20160909-011851.png

please don't pm me for a how to. we will post the full instructions after some thurrough testing to make sure it is all working and we have simplified the instructions.

and for those wondering this does not trip knox. i have not tested android pay or samsung pay with this since it is rooted, i am going to assume they do not work.
    for those that don't like PI4 update. heres the original PGC files

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24686680535467933 - PGC mods
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24651430732237809 - PGC system.img
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24686680535467224 - PGC CP File(modem)

method is the same, just use these files instead of the updated pi4 files