[HOW TO] Nexus 4 Replace back cover\glass

Search This thread

rwaempires

Nov 10, 2012
Kuching, Sarawak
I just bought the back cover from etrade for 19$ + 15$ postal because i'm from malaysia...i'm quit sure it will come without the wireless and nfc module....i just want to ask is it hard to take off the nfc and wireless module from my original (broke ) piece ? Thank you...

Nospin

Nov 20, 2010
I just bought the back cover from etrade for 19$ + 15$ postal because i'm from malaysia...i'm quit sure it will come without the wireless and nfc module....i just want to ask is it hard to take off the nfc and wireless module from my original (broke ) piece ? Thank you...

Difficult. Especially if the back was broken, you will be dealing with tons of little glass shards.

Reactions: rwaempires

shenery

Aug 29, 2008
Its very easy to take NFC and wireless charging chips out check my thread in accessories under battery door mod.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Vangelis13

Just for the info:
For 50 Euros you can get an original backcover with antennas and inductive charging from ebay(new).
I've ordered mine already and shoudl receive it the next days. Will report then!

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Akkufachdeck...zer_Ersatzteile_Werkzeuge&hash=item232a571c44

Unfortunately I'm joining this thread.. :(

@MasterJam882, did that cover arrive well packed and is it the original part? Do they also provide instructions? (Though I'm sure it's fairly straight forward..)

MasterJam882

Jan 26, 2011
Frankfurt

@MasterJam882, did that cover arrive well packed and is it the original part? Do they also provide instructions? (Though I'm sure it's fairly straight forward..)

Hey m8. It has arrived but I was not able to take a look yet as I sent it to my home adress where I am at the weekends.
I will take a look at friday. As much as I can say by now it was well packed and nothing is broken.
As soon as I have replaced the part and tested the antennas I will get in touch with you again.

greetz

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

Well packed no worry that it will arrive broken, you can find tear down Nexus 4 on google

don't get me wrong but he was asking me and not you.
I posted a whole different part before from another shop, so ur answer is not really helpful.
I will inform u guys as soon a s I have all information

Last edited:
Reactions: Vangelis13

yev.gavrikov

Nov 1, 2012
Haifa
www.gadgets-car.co.il
Hey m8. It has arrived but I was not able to take a look yet as I sent it to my home adress where I am at the weekends.
I will take a look at friday. As much as I can say by now it was well packed and nothing is broken.
As soon as I have replaced the part and tested the antennas I will get in touch with you again.

greetz

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

I posted a whole different part before from another manufacturer, so ur answer is not really helpful.

Its OK
i ordered twice from different sellers and the packs always was great :)

Vangelis13

greetz

I posted a whole different part before from another shop, so ur answer is not really helpful.

I'll probably go ahead and order it. Seller looks very professional, they've sold 18 off them already, price is very good. Quick research doesn't give any better options, none from Germany at least. Ordering from the U.S. will delay it too much..

Thanks a mill guys! :thumbup:

Edit: ordered this one at the end, same P/N, same price but shipping from Germany. Hopefully get it a bit faster.. http://www.mobiledirect.de/akkudeckel-black-fur-lg-e960-google-nexus-4-bulk.html

Last edited:

Vangelis13

I'll probably go ahead and order it. Seller looks very professional, they've sold 18 off them already, price is very good. Quick research doesn't give any better options, none from Germany at least. Ordering from the U.S. will delay it too much..

Thanks a mill guys! :thumbup:

Edit: ordered this one at the end, same P/N, same price but shipping from Germany. Hopefully get it a bit faster.. http://www.mobiledirect.de/akkudeckel-black-fur-lg-e960-google-nexus-4-bulk.html

So, to report back.

Part received, it is the original part. Removing the old cover was a royal pain in the arse, incredible! Dented the shiny bezel a bit, who cares.

Speedy delivery, had the part within two days. No little screw drivers included so make sure you've got everything. Here's a good video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZDAIgwbXk4

End result: slightly damaged front bezel but a new back! 'till it breaks again.. :p

MasterJam882

Jan 26, 2011
Frankfurt
Now my report:
The part I posted before is excellent. I assembled it this weekend. It's the orginal part with functioning antennas and all LG stickers inside.
The disassembly was very easy. Go and get it.

Last edited:

ejpenha

Nov 15, 2012
Just received my back replacement with all NFC and wireless charge parts.

Very easy!

My N4 looks like new again.

:D

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

youareme7

Mar 30, 2010
Madison, WI
back glass only?

Does anyone know how hard it is to replace ONLY the back glass? I bought just the back glass panel without really thinking and I'm unsure how i'll remove the old glass panel from the rest of the back cover to replace, I guess I thought it would be a simple swap but didn't plan ahead. If it comes down to it I guess I can always find and order an entire back cover but if it isn't that tough I'll just replace the glass. I only have 1 crack in the glass so it's not a shattered mess or anything.

TrueBrush

Nov 8, 2012
Would gladly replace the back cover with a plastic equivalent, the glass material that pops out of thin air is nonsense.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This post show how to replace the broken nexus 4 back glass.

Remove the broken back cover with T5 screwdriver.

IMG_20130430_143705.jpg

IMG_20130430_143719.jpg

IMG_20130430_143952.jpg

IMG_20130430_143957.jpg

IMG_20130430_144029.jpg

Now start gently to remove the copper stickers from the right side "near power button" that nexus use like GPS antenna and or GSM (really don't know), be very careful because it is very think and you can easily tear it.

IMG_20130430_144349.jpg

IMG_20130430_144638.jpg

After removed stick back to the new cover

IMG_20130430_144754.jpg

After you removed from right side proceed same action on the left side.

IMG_20130430_145320.jpg

IMG_20130430_145510.jpg

Now start to remove the wireless charger, be careful because in this part the copper part is thinner than the antenna part.
    Be careful may be a lot of small glasses.

IMG_20130430_145807.jpg

IMG_20130430_145826.jpg

IMG_20130430_150314.jpg

Now stick the wireless charger to the new cover

IMG_20130430_151611.jpg

IMG_20130430_151618.jpg

Well done, now you have new back cover
    awesome! but how much u paid for the new back?

55$
    original part from google? may u advise me where you got it from...just in case ..tks :)

Not from google from alibaba.com
    Just for the info:
    For 50 Euros you can get an original backcover with antennas and inductive charging from ebay(new).
    I've ordered mine already and shoudl receive it the next days. Will report then!

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Akkufachdeck...zer_Ersatzteile_Werkzeuge&hash=item232a571c44

greetz

Well packed no worry that it will arrive broken, you can find tear down Nexus 4 on google