[HOW-TO][NO JTAG] Unbrick the Galaxy J5 SM-J500h BOOTLOADER (2015) (Marshmallow)

Did this method helped you to unbrick your J5?

• Yes

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters

garylawwd

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Aug 25, 2017
Cork
Reactions: ashish1989

Polum2

Jun 23, 2018
Samsung J500G

Could you please send me the link for the Galaxy j500G as per your post please? Odin won't work! lol
Much appreciated
Polum2

Here a guide on how to unbrick your hard-bricked Galaxy J500H 2015. Adapted from https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2660566 and edited to work with the J5.

Code:
WHILE THIS IS VERY LIKELY TO WORK FOR ANY BOOTLOADER/MODEM/FIRMWARE BRICKED PHONE, 
THERE IS NO UNCONDITIONAL GUARANTEE THAT THIS WILL WORK FOR YOUR PARTICULAR SITUATION, 
THERE IS A POSSIBILITY THAT THERE ARE SOME BRICK STATES THAT THIS WILL NOT WORK FOR, 
but almost all cases can be resolved by rewriting the sdcard with correct partitioning.
Well, let's get started.

REQUIREMENTS
16 or 32 GB Class 10 Micro SD Card and a card reader
Your bricked J500h
The debrick image
View attachment 3999665

DEBRICK IMAGES
This is the folder where I keep all the debrick images atm. Download the correct one there (only J500h at the moment): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-R9lQbH9_gCeTAtMmQzZEUtOXc?usp=sharing
If you have another model (FN, F, G etc.) and you have a custom recovery (TWRP), you can flash this file to create a debrick image of your model. You can send it to me (PM) and I'll update the download links here.

STEPS
1. Take the sdcard and insert it into your computer
2. Download the correct image for your model
3. Back up all the data on your SD card, as the SD card will be wiped.
4. Use the program that you've downloaded earlier to burn the image to the SD card (View attachment 3999665)
5. Remove the battery from the J5
6. Insert the SD in the J5
7. Put the battery into the J5
8. It may boot automatically, or you may have to manually boot it by holding down the power button for 5< seconds
9. Boot in Odin mode and flash the stock firmware, which will reset everything (stay aware of this:
If it all turned out well, you should be able to boot again.

Press "THANKS" if this helped you unbricking your J5 SM-J500h!

I don't know of this is needed with the J5, but to be sure I'm just putting it here:

sachinwadhwa46

Aug 29, 2013
Here a guide on how to unbrick your hard-bricked Galaxy J500H 2015. Adapted from https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2660566 and edited to work with the J5.

Code:
WHILE THIS IS VERY LIKELY TO WORK FOR ANY BOOTLOADER/MODEM/FIRMWARE BRICKED PHONE, 
THERE IS NO UNCONDITIONAL GUARANTEE THAT THIS WILL WORK FOR YOUR PARTICULAR SITUATION, 
THERE IS A POSSIBILITY THAT THERE ARE SOME BRICK STATES THAT THIS WILL NOT WORK FOR, 
but almost all cases can be resolved by rewriting the sdcard with correct partitioning.
Well, let's get started.

REQUIREMENTS
Your bricked J500h
The debrick image
View attachment 3999665

DEBRICK IMAGES
This is the folder where I keep all the debrick images atm. Download the correct one there (only J500h at the moment): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-R9lQbH9_gCeTAtMmQzZEUtOXc?usp=sharing
If you have another model (FN, F, G etc.) and you have a custom recovery (TWRP), you can flash this file to create a debrick image of your model. You can send it to me (PM) and I'll update the download links here.

STEPS
4. Use the program that you've downloaded earlier to burn the image to the SD card (View attachment 3999665)
8. It may boot automatically, or you may have to manually boot it by holding down the power button for 5< seconds
9. Boot in Odin mode and flash the stock firmware, which will reset everything (stay aware of this:

I don't know of this is needed with the J5, but to be sure I'm just putting it here:
while flashing in odin mode, writing speed is very slow. It starts but when it comes to flashing system.img then it stucks for hours.
Please help.
It seems firmware is writing into sd card not to the phone.

christianseq

Apr 23, 2019

Code:
Well, let's get started.

REQUIREMENTS
Your bricked J500h
The debrick image
View attachment 3999665

DEBRICK IMAGES

STEPS

I can`t find for SM-J500M/DS someone could help me please!!!

samipower

Jul 4, 2010
Very thanks.

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

Your file is unbrick_image without extension not unbrick.image

Do not work.

galaxy j5 sm-j500fn
initial problem : frp custom binary blocked
solution in theory : to flash latest spain stock rom
oddin succesfully ok
phone screen off, do not start

battery full charge

I tried with debrick fn and debrick jh Images .
with microsd 32gb

Do not start and do not download mode

Phone screen off and pc do not detect
phone dead.

only solution jtag?

Edit:
microsd method is only for devices that windows detect how qualcomm .
If your windows/linux do not detect your smartphone , only jtag and after jig usb and odin flash.

Last edited:

ikaachan

Feb 15, 2020
HELP!

I have a samsung j500fn and it doesnt turn on.. when i plug it into my pc it appears only as qualcomm hs-usb qdloader 9008 (COM5)..my phone doesnt turn on anymore and i cant turn it on into download recovery mode and so on... i searched and tried all i saw on the internet but nothing helps...can you guys help me? i need this urgently :( i hope you have solution.. (i also bought a jig online and it did nothing..) you are my only hope guys !

Greetings
ikaachan

Kgb3ast

Oct 17, 2020
still stuck

My j5 shows Samsung logo,vibrates ,then does the same thing .
I can boot into download mode,but the flashing process fails when Odin reaches system.imgext4