Question How to open/close notification centre with double tap home button in navigation bar customisation? Like in oxygen os.

Search This thread

Madridistas

Jul 23, 2016
Hyderabad
This may be a small issue for you guys but I moved from OnePlus 6 and its killing me just because I can't do this customisation of dragging the notification bar down by double tapping the home button. I have small hands compared to the tall display of the rog 5 and I'm unable to reach the notification bar all the way up. MKBHD said this is the most ridiculous custom phone but where's my small custom. How do I place a request for this to asus? I'm helpless.

m8822

May 6, 2016
you can use swipe down in home screen for notification panel. similar to one plus.

is the double tab home button for the not center while in apps or in the home screen?

m8822

May 6, 2016
Man, some people like to complain instead of trying to learn how to use their phone. If you don't like the phone don't come and complain about it, simply sell it and move on instead of wasting others time.
i am not sure that i agree with you on this, xda forums and other communications platform were built to help people

yes the quuestion was fairly simple, however anyone has the right to ask.

also i think ROG 5 xda forums needs a mod who should create FAQs, restructure the forums, and moderate it.

if we continue like this it is going to be a mess, and hard to get something useful out of it

Timmmmaaahh!

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Sep 11, 2012
Bruges
Man, some people like to complain instead of trying to learn how to use their phone. If you don't like the phone don't come and complain about it, simply sell it and move on instead of wasting others time.
I'm with @m8822 on this one. This is the developer community; we defined #NeverSettle ages before OnePlus made a complete mess of that understanding. We're not here to accept what manufacturers force upon us. We don't need to learn how to use our phone, our phone needs to learn how to use us! No wait, that came out wrong. Anyway, you get the point 😁

@Madridistas It's been a while since I've used any navigation replacements but you could give our in-house Navigation Gestures a go. I'm not sure if it provides double tap to notifications but may open another door to your goal. Only, ROG 5 is Android 11, isn't it? That probably won't work. Ah well, there's plenty others to try, like Gesture Control or Edge Gestures (or search for more). Whichever you find best, don't forget to get back here and tell us what you found working so it may help others in the future. (y)

The forum mess is by design. Change is never easy... but it can be fun!

Rashad83

May 13, 2011
ASUS ROG Phone II
ASUS ROG Phone 5
I'm with @m8822 on this one. This is the developer community; we defined #NeverSettle ages before OnePlus made a complete mess of that understanding. We're not here to accept what manufacturers force upon us. We don't need to learn how to use our phone, our phone needs to learn how to use us! No wait, that came out wrong. Anyway, you get the point 😁

@Madridistas It's been a while since I've used any navigation replacements but you could give our in-house Navigation Gestures a go. I'm not sure if it provides double tap to notifications but may open another door to your goal. Only, ROG 5 is Android 11, isn't it? That probably won't work. Ah well, there's plenty others to try, like Gesture Control or Edge Gestures (or search for more). Whichever you find best, don't forget to get back here and tell us what you found working so it may help others in the future. (y)

The forum mess is by design. Change is never easy... but it can be fun!
Wow, I am with @me on this. Everyone seems to not get the point that I was making, you have the very right to come here @xda, ask whatever questions you feel is needed to be answered, after atleast doing your part(share) of understanding the thing you have.
It's like "someone asking where are my eye glasses, when they are over his head because he forgot he put them over there at the first place and then asking everyone passing if they saw them".
The point is: "GET TO THE POINT", no need to complain about something not related to the question, at the same time do your share of investigating something.

If you look @my account, you will know I am not a newbie, I have asked and answered, created many threads helping others!. So please spare me the... "I, we have the right speech...."

Thanks for your time, and sorry for the irrelevant comment!

Edit: I might seem harsh with my response, but I don't know why when I read the post the first time it seemed like the author was complaining, so I am not sure if he edited the post, or it was my bad coming the way I did. Anyway I apologize if i did, no offense intended.

Last edited:

Timmmmaaahh!

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Sep 11, 2012
Bruges
Wow, I am with @me on this. Everyone seems to not get the point that I was making, you have the very right to come here @xda, ask whatever questions you feel is needed to be answered, after atleast doing your part(share) of understanding the thing you have.
It's like "someone asking where are my eye glasses, when they are over his head because he forgot he put them over there at the first place and then asking everyone passing if they saw them".
The point is: "GET TO THE POINT", no need to complain about something not related to the question, at the same time do your share of investigating something.

If you look @my account, you will know I am not a newbie, I have asked and answered, created many threads helping others!. So please spare me the... "I, we have the right speech...."

Thanks for your time, and sorry for the irrelevant comment!

Edit: I might seem harsh with my response, but I don't know why when I read the post the first time it seemed like the author was complaining, so I am not sure if he edited the post, or it was my bad coming the way I did. Anyway I apologize if i did, no offense intended.
Yeah, your comment seems quite harsh up until the edit. Ah well 🤷‍♂️

You may have missed the (attempt to a) humorous tone in my message. Text, huh.
We surely don't need to snap at each other. I'm not having that kind of discussion.
The post wasn't edited btw.
And I get your point but no need to drag @me, @xda and @my account into this 😁