Question How to overclock poco f3 and change the voltage ?

Search This thread

Jack 177

Jul 1, 2022
i want to overclock and water cool my poco f3 and I need some help since I’m still a beginner , what is the fastest ROM on the poco f3 that’s goona give you the best performance in games and still has play store and what custom kernel should I use with it that will give you the best performance and has overclocking and voltage tuning for both cpu and gpu and an app that can do that and remove the thermal threshold since I’m going to watercool it ? also can the pass through charging features that’s available on the rog phones be implemented via a custom kernel and an app to unlock fps limit on games locked at 30 or 60 to 90 or 120 and further tweak the ingame settings and finally can you unlock the max brightness of the poco f3 even when it’s not on direct sunlight ? Sorry for all this questions but you don’t have to answer all of them , any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you !

3zozHashim

Oct 24, 2014
Egypt
Samsung Galaxy Note 5
Xiaomi Poco F3
if you want the best performance, you'll need:

• Adreno drivers 615v3
  • A650+ lyb config
  • overlock konabess config
  • thermal no junk

All in a telegram channel called Adreno GPUs & Konabess Support Group

About custom roms, most or all the custom roms here are either AOSP, Xiaomi EU skins.

Personally, i hate AOSP, its too bland compared to MIUI.

I always get buggy vibes from xiaomi eu.

About custom kernels, personally from my experience with custom kernels, whatever kernels you use, whatever the kernel developer says, there will always be bugs and issues. So, I stick with stock.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack 177

Jack 177

Jul 1, 2022

• Adreno drivers 615v3
  • A650+ lyb config
  • thermal no junk

About custom roms, most or all the custom roms here are either AOSP, Xiaomi EU skins.

About custom kernels, personally from my experience with custom kernels, whatever kernels you use, whatever the kernel developer says, there will always be bugs and issues. So, I stick with stock.
Can you still overclock and get the best performance without a custom kernel ? Or will a custom kernel and os will give you better performance even though it’s buggy?

Rstment ^m^

Aug 19, 2018
Xiaomi Poco F3
Can you still overclock and get the best performance without a custom kernel ? Or will a custom kernel and os will give you better performance even though it’s buggy?
Honestly stock or pure aosp is the best bet when it comes to pulling out the most performance...

By aosp I mean pure GSI image, but it it's not stable enough for daily use + you'd have to figure out how to tell kernel to ramp up the performance , I have a guide on fixing GSI just to make it usable but it's far from fully working... Best bet is to ditch GSI image altogether and start building from source, if you have any experience try looking into that. If not get arrow os and it should be as close to stock as possible.

Hentai os is mentioned a lot as a good ROM, but it's not open source fully

Rstment ^m^

Aug 19, 2018
Xiaomi Poco F3
Tell me more about how you plan to watercool your phone

I'm looking to do something similar as well :eek:

You want to check first how far konabess will overclock, if it's up to 683mhz and not a single bit higher might be a good idea to ditch watercooling and start looking for a motherboard swap.

Earlies batch could overclock past 683mhz into the 900-1000mhz range, that's insane performance boost and prolly worth spending money on instead of trying to cool a locked chip... Check adreno group for more info on how to check CPU version

Jack 177

Jul 1, 2022

You want to check first how far konabess will overclock, if it's up to 683mhz and not a single bit higher might be a good idea to ditch watercooling and start looking for a motherboard swap.

Earlies batch could overclock past 683mhz into the 900-1000mhz range, that's insane performance boost and prolly worth spending money on instead of trying to cool a locked chip... Check adreno group for more info on how to check CPU version
Thank you ! that’s what I’m trying to find out , if it doesn’t overclock past 683 MHz watercooling is just unnecessary

I plan on removing the back of the phone and using this block :

than attaching a single fan radiator and a fan , I still haven’t figure out about the tubes and how to attach the block to the phone :\

my question now : is the 865 the last mobile soc that can be overclocked and what about the cpu can you overclocked it as well ? Thanks !

Geco_Tux

Dec 2, 2013

• Adreno drivers 615v3
  • A650+ lyb config
  • thermal no junk

Hi, can you explain me how can I Install all that things? Without guide with images I can understand T^T

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

• Adreno drivers 615v3
    • A650+ lyb config
    • thermal no junk

Honestly stock or pure aosp is the best bet when it comes to pulling out the most performance...

By aosp I mean pure GSI image, but it it's not stable enough for daily use + you'd have to figure out how to tell kernel to ramp up the performance , I have a guide on fixing GSI just to make it usable but it's far from fully working... Best bet is to ditch GSI image altogether and start building from source, if you have any experience try looking into that. If not get arrow os and it should be as close to stock as possible.

Hentai os is mentioned a lot as a good ROM, but it's not open source fully

my chip is locked to 683, so, i only overclocked to 683 and i am on stock rom and stock kernel

All the bullets i wrote earlier can be done on stock rom and stock kernel

• Adreno drivers 615v3
    • A650+ lyb config
    • thermal no junk

Hi, can you explain me how can I Install all that things? Without guide with images I can understand T^T