How to pair a Wireless Xbox 360 Controller and fix Camera Spin

xR0ME0

Oct 16, 2015
Please help
mido:/ $ su
mido:/ # cd /system/usr/keylayout/
mido:/system/usr/keylayout # mount -o remount,rw /system
mount: '/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system'->'/system': Device or resource busy
1|mido:/system/usr/keylayout #
Type it this way: mount -o rw,remount /system
Ran into the same problem, this worked for me.

Hey sleeplessninja, this did work for me at first, but once I press the triggers they still control the camera and when released begin spinning again. I tried at first just copying the KCM but then copied your 291.kl and redid the process to the same result, anything you could think of? Running shield TV stock rooted with xbox360 wireless dongle

Edit: I'm going to run a logcat of my dongle connecting to make sure I get the same ID/Product as you show here.

edit2: I used dmesg to see buffer when I connected my own dongle, it shows the same as 045e and 0719. I'm going to try overwriting my own 719 with your modified one then changing permissions to 644 via es file manager. rebooted and still no dice. rip me I'm going to bed and using a DS3 tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: tomo92s

macio787

Dec 2, 2017
It doesn't work on Meizu MX5. This is what i tired so far: did the tutorial step by step (obiously), changed the generic.kl file (added lines from your file), .kmc file was missing so i pasted it and tried various names, such as 'Xbox 360 Usb Controller', 'Xbox Wireless Controller', etc. I also tried to just copy the Vendor_045e_Product_028e.kl file and rename it, as it was already present on my device. Unforunately, none of these help. The controller acts like on your video, when i try to pair it with receiver but does nothing on phone (in-game too) and apps like Gamepad Tester aren't detcting it (Vendor??? Product???).

ivan_ak7

Oct 10, 2016
This keylayout files always worked on my Oneplus One but now, on my Google Pixel 2 XL with Pie the right stick and the left trigger don't work well. Pressing the left trigger the camera start moving on the right, releasing it the camera start moving to the left with no possibily to stop it. The right stick works only if i move it to the left or right but the camera move up and down. It seems that Android doesn't recognize the new keylayout. Any idea?

wikorninja

Aug 14, 2018
My device
Samsung galaxy s8 exynos android 9 not rooted
Wireless xbox 360 controller with the wireless adapter
I have this issue where in games menus and altogether my camera keeps spinning around and goes up and when I press my bumpers I either starts moving left or right. In menus it keep scrolling up for example in minecraft when I scroll down a menu it keeps scrolling up and if I scroll down with my joystick it stops, like if I was holding up and down at the same time.
-
This isn't a controller problem because on my pc it works perfectly fine no delay just like it should.
Please help I'm having a hard time with this.

esclusoilcane

Feb 5, 2014
Nothing worked for me...
But. .
My only and easiest solution was to install Magisk and 1controller module, a pity it doesn't exist as APK, good luck in installing Magisk