• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[How-To] Play HD Games and Gameloft games on Huawei Ideos X5 U8800 (with ScreenShots)

Search This thread

-TRANE-

Jan 16, 2012
i try to do this on a zte carl.
but the phone is not rooted and i cant change the build.prop with astro or ES Managers.
can i do something without root my phone?

liborio99

Aug 13, 2012
ok...

i try to do this on a zte carl.
but the phone is not rooted and i cant change the build.prop with astro or ES Managers.
can i do something without root my phone?

you will need ROOT to have access to you phone internal memory. to do this, you need root AND a file explorer with ROOT access (root explorer, solid explorer, etc.).

Leinad112

Jan 12, 2012
Do this take some time to Google Play update the compatibility "status"? Now it shows my phone as an "HTC Desire HD", but it continues to say that is not compatible with gameloft HD games....
I have Aurora 4.1 update 1.

I'm trying to get Asphalt 6: Adrenaline.

Last edited:

Leinad112

Jan 12, 2012
I find out what I have to do....

I have to change the line that it's not supose to change! But if I change it, i lose the camera, the flash light, the sond makes a weird noise, etc. If I don't change, I lose the Gameloft games in Play store.

Why the hell this only happens to me? :crying:

Last edited:

androidsatti

Jan 13, 2012
Gameloft games playing on official gingerbread rom without rooting

The Dark Knight Rises
Splintercell Conviction
Shadowguardian
The Amazing SpiderMan

vercetti19

May 24, 2011
Nairobi
Sent from my U8800 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1363737929118.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363737929118.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 180

cobramax

Jul 16, 2012
istanbul
İ did buildprop. nova3.apk not working. but it opens. but it says.. Your device is not complitbl. :'( tried all the apk does not work. Nova 3 why not work :mad: :mad:

U8800 forum runner

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello!

First of all, I'm not responsible for any damage to your phone. I just share my experience based on internet research. Resulted in my phone, in my friends phone and other users phone. So, have carefully and follow step by step and everything will go well.

I love games and I was sad to discover that our X5 did not support HD games or some games by gameloft (3D and HD). I saw some X5 on youtube playing some of these games, so I decided to investigate how to work and found some information but not complete. For this we have to "fool" the market, ie, we will make the market notice that we have a HTC Desire HD (almost identical hardware and firmware).

Time to "action"

- Going to the market and download Root Explorer.
    Ok is a paid app but I recommend, and if you are clever you can get it in "black market" at the cost 0 :p However there may be other applications that also work, such as ES Explorer or AstroFile.

- Play app and navigate to/system.

- In the upper right corner has to be "Mount R / O", if not load until there.
    20111209165917.jpg

- Search for the file "build.prop" and press for 2 seconds to open up a new label. There are going to walk down and select "Open in Text Editor."
    20111209170157.jpg

- Once opened change these six fields:
    [ul]
    [li]ro.product.model=Desire HD[/li]
    [li]ro.product.brand=htc_wwe[/li]
    [li]ro.product.name=htc_ace[/li]
    [li]ro.product.device=ace[/li]
    [li]ro.product.board=ace[/li]
    [li]ro.product.manufacturer=HTC[/li]
    [/ul]

Have to look like the screenshot:
    20111207002812.jpg

- Then press the menu button and do "Save & Exit" to save changes and exit. The program will automatically create the file "build.prop.bak" which is a backup in case something goes wrong.
    20111209170655.jpg

- Reboot phone.

And it's done, now to check if everything is ok can go to "Settings->System->About phone" and see if in the model appears Desire HD.
    20111209170926.jpg

Then you have to enter the market (I think it has to be via mobile phone and PC) to update and verify if the market now recognizes as a HTC Desire HD.
    semttulonj.png

Here are some HD games perfectly playable on my X5.
    20111209171201.jpg

I recommended to install ChainFire 3D and her plugins too :)

--------------------FOR AURORA ICS BY DZO - THANKS FOR sr21--------------------

I've changed the lines in my build.prop to Desire HD

Changes in build.prop:
    ro.product.model=Desire HD
    ro.product.brand=htc_wwe
    ro.product.name=htc_ace
    ro.product.board=ace
    ro.product.manufacturer=HTC

Go to Apps -> All Apps, Find Google Play Store
    - Clear Data
    - Clear Cache
    - I also uninstalled the updates

Reboot into recovery:
    - Clear Cache partition
    - Advanced -> Clear Dalvik Cache

ro.product.device=msm7630_surf DO NOT change this line, if you change it your camera will not work in Aurora ICS

Thanks to sr21.

If I helped you or if you like thanks ;)

Sorry about my bad english and have fun :D

[[[]]]
    I've changed the lines in my build.prop to Desire HD

Changes in build.prop:

ro.product.device=msm7630_surf DO NOT change this line, if you change it your camera will not work in Aurora ICS

Yep, it really works, but then the camera stops to work :/

Looking for another solution.

Please try that.
    not working

it isn't working for me. My device cannot download game apps from GooglePlay
    Asphalt 6HD don't work here.
    Intro video is not showing well, only stripes..and after that goes back to launcher.
    Any suggestions?
    using also MIUI 1.12.9 cpu: 1,2

I try to install Chainfire 3D + plugins, maybe that helps

N.O.V.A.2 HD works well

Thanks

I can't get any of them to work...
    Did the mod required for HD and installed Chainfire3D..nothing!
    Stripes in the movies and they simply close after that.

Any clues?
    Please try that.

thanks dude. it works.