How to play music from android through my Amp?

Search This thread

duffy1807

May 26, 2010
Hi, a simple question but a hard solutioon, I have an Onkyo amp, that i want to play music through using my phone , I have most connectivity ports on my amp so shouldnt be a problem apart from no USB .. but I cant find my best solution for my samsung galaxy s2.

Solution 1 *
Through 3.5mm Jack, = Yes it works but for some reason I dont get a decent bass, is this normal through 3.5mm jack?

Solution 2
Connect phone to xbox 360 use as storage device. = Works but I cant access my SD-Card, only Internal memory (most of my music is on sd-card)

Possible Solution *
HDMI Out = Not tried, would this work ??

Help me out guys, is there any other ways that would work the way I want ?
Thanks

Last edited:

Devi0124

Dec 1, 2010
Use the 3.5 jack.... set the eq on the dsp manager which if its not pre installed you can do a search for it on here. Get voodoo control plus and crank the volume.... should be your answer. That's my set up in the car and it sounds awesome.

Hi, a simple question but a hard solutioon, I have an Onkyo amp, that i want to play music through using my phone , I have most connectivity ports on my amp so shouldnt be a problem apart from no USB .. but I cant find my best solution for my samsung galaxy s2.

Solution 1 *
Through 3.5mm Jack, = Yes it works but for some reason I dont get a decent bass, is this normal through 3.5mm jack?

Solution 2
Connect phone to xbox 360 use as storage device. = Works but I cant access my SD-Card, only Internal memory (most of my music is on sd-card)

Possible Solution *
HDMI Out = Not tried, would this work ??

Help me out guys, is there any other ways that would work the way I want ?
Thanks

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

duffy1807

May 26, 2010
Use the 3.5 jack.... set the eq on the dsp manager which if its not pre installed you can do a search for it on here. Get voodoo control plus and crank the volume.... should be your answer. That's my set up in the car and it sounds awesome.

Hey tried this but didnt work the way I wanted it to, My samsung galaxy s2 kernal doesnt support voodoo plus, but the DSP, made a difference but still no bass.

realisticly i should of explained there is no subwoofer action as apposed to no bass ? my 4 speakers ( 2 front 2 back) work, (1 center doesnt) (1 subwoofer) doesnt.

Am confused where the problem is for having the subwoofer not working with 3.5mm

Is it because its on 3.5mm ??
doesnt my amp not support it? / Is it a setting on my amp???
Is it the phone ????

Just tested an Ipod on 3.5 and get the same responce so i guess its the amp or the 3.5 method??

, So am still unable to play music through my amp from my phone properly at the time... :(

Last edited:

Devi0124

Dec 1, 2010
Its a setting on your amp... mess with the surround settings. There should be a virtual setting. Onkyo's are pretty nice so I can't see it not having that function.

Hey tried this but didnt work the way I wanted it to, My samsung galaxy s2 kernal doesnt support voodoo plus, but the DSP, made a difference but still no bass.

realisticly i should of explained there is no subwoofer action as apposed to no bass ? my 4 speakers ( 2 front 2 back) work, (1 center doesnt) (1 subwoofer) doesnt.

Am confused where the problem is for having the subwoofer not working with 3.5mm

Is it because its on 3.5mm ??
doesnt my amp not support it? / Is it a setting on my amp???
Is it the phone ????

Just tested an Ipod on 3.5 and get the same responce so i guess its the amp or the 3.5 method??

, So am still unable to play music through my amp from my phone properly at the time... :(