How to Play Quake 1,2,3, RTCW and Doom3 on Android

Search This thread

RolandDeschain79

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 16, 2012
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Hello HP TouchPad users! I wanted to share my latest Touchpad Gaming Adventures with you. This time we will be revisiting the renowned Quake series by id Software.

This Tutorial will show you how to play your own copy of Quake 1 on Android.

Gameplay Starts @ 2:40

1)Download the App from the Play Store and Install Quake 1 the game onto your Computer.
QI4A (source port of quake 1)

2)Find the folder where you installed the Quake 1 game on your computer.

3)Plug your Android device into your computer with the USB cable and create a new folder called "qi4a". Copy and paste the Quake 1 game data folder "ID1" Into this new folder.

4)Once the data is on your Android device launch the app and play the game.

This Tutorial will show you how to play your own copy of Quake 2 on Android.

Gameplay Starts @ 2:50

1)Download the App from the Play Store and Install Quake 2 the game onto your Computer.
QII4A (source port of quake 2)

2)Find the folder where you installed the Quake 2 game on your computer.

3)Plug your Android device into your computer with the USB cable and create a new folder called "qii4a". Copy and paste the Quake 2 game data folder "baseq2" Into this new folder.

This Tutorial will show you how to play your own copy of Quake 3 Arena on Android.

Gameplay Starts @ 2:50

1)Download the App from the Play Store and Install Quake 3 the game onto your Computer.
QIII4A (source port of quake 3)

2)Find the folder where you installed the Quake 3 game on your computer.

3)Plug your Android device into your computer with the USB cable and create a new folder called "qiii4a". Copy and paste the Quake 3 game data folder "baseq2" Into this new folder.

This step by step guide will teach you how to play return to Castle Wolfenstein on Android. I will show you how to add HD textures, sounds, weapons and mods.

RTCW-Touch (Amazon app store: Return to Castle Wolfenstein)

Amazon App store Download:

Return to Castle Wolfenstein Mods and Downloads:
HD textures Pack Downloads:

HD textures Pack Info:

Game Front's Return to Castle Wolfenstein Mods:

GameBanana Mods:

Doom3 release by the same author:
Note* That all other games run very well on the HP TouchPad but Doom3 currently requires a 2GB Quad core device to run the HQ lighting mode.

Now available from the Play Store

DOOM3 (DIII4A-RC2).zip Download:

Roland's High and Low quality config pack (Optional)

Roland's High and Low quality config pack (optional)Mirror:

[Port] Doom 3 Android XDA Thread By Poo Tang

[Port] Doom 3 on Android! XDA Thread By Traybourne

Doom 3 Tweak guide:

Fallout for Android
[Video]How to Play Fallout 1 and 2 on Android

How to Play Fallout 1 and 2 on Android [No Mutants Thread]

Last edited:

rmissin

Mar 8, 2014
When I run QI4A the console drops and displays "SERVER LISTENING ON ADDRESS 0.0.0.0:36000", the game doesn't run, can anyone suggest a way to fix this ? I need full mouse and keyboard support, Q-Touch doesn't have it.

tia

DeadBoySam

Jun 5, 2016
When I run QI4A the console drops and displays "SERVER LISTENING ON ADDRESS 0.0.0.0:36000", the game doesn't run, can anyone suggest a way to fix this ? I need full mouse and keyboard support, Q-Touch doesn't have it.

tia

l have this issue too! l binded the jump button to 'toggleconsole' which works during the intro demo but won't get rid of the console once l select new game! l tried copying one of the saves form my PC but that didn't solve my problem either. l'd really appreciate some help here.

len1964

Jul 3, 2016
marshmallow,?

hi, have the q14a game loaded onto many android devices, all running well no probs. recently acquired a Moto e2 running marshmallow, SD card set as internal. can't get game to run, loads ok, runs demo but hangs when I try to start new game. any ideas?

Kainalvaine

Jul 5, 2022
How to play Quake 4 on Android ...btw if anyone here buys Delta Touch or Quad Touch they are really worth it in every penny you expend on the. The delta touch paid version runs doom 3 flawlessly almost perfect just a little dips on fps on my Mediatek helio p60

Edit: you got no glitches on the videos on doom 3 and you can also run old doom games with the mods like BrutalDoom and other stuffs

Nov 19, 2020
Lederhosnland
8<
q14a or qi4a server listening on adress 0.0.0.0:2600

Please resurrect it 8> on the FDroid, now you need max. android 4 tablet to play it. Any other quake is also available as apk with same port.

qii4a tipp: mouse is too slow: draw keyboard softkey to screen, go to menu, go to console, open keyboard, type: sensitivity enter, it displays the value, type in sensitivity 22, then play, you will have double the mouse speed as the max possible in settings menu. You can type even higher number. To see the console output you have to hide the keyboard.

Quake Info: Quake titles were the first trible a pc games, the technology was new and the developers surpassed themselves in order to get the maximum out of limited options. John Carmack was the programmer of the engines which made all this possible. ID Software released the code for the engine as opensource, so programmers around the world could update the code and make even their own games with it. ID was the first one who went this route, very very impressive pioneering.

Q1+2 map key tipp: edit config.cfg and add the softkeys:
Q1
bind TAB "impulse 5"
bind 1 "impulse 6"
bind 2 "impulse 7"
bind 3 "impulse 8"
Q2
bind TAB "use Machinegun"
bind 1 "invuse"
bind 2 "invprev"
bind 3 "use HyperBlaster"

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2020
Lederhosnland
Q2 Q3: I get weird graphics for Buttons??!?!? see picture, seems like random bitmaps from pak files, they change over time, in Q3 the buttons disappear completely.
this problem with this and that:

Code:
https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-sm-p600-android-13-lineage-20-unofficial-08-02-24.4652518
https://xdaforums.com/t/sm-p600-4-4-4-cyanogenmod-11-note-10-1-2014-wifi.2929908

7" nexus7 stock, no problems, samsung galaxy Tab 2 1GB with lineage android 7x no problem

only on 10" P600 2014 note 10.1 samsung tab, But Q1 runs perfect on cm11 Android 4, (it never runs on Android 5 above.)

Attachments

• button graphics.jpg
    button graphics.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts