Question How to prevent the Android 12 T-Mobile upgrade? LE2117

Search This thread

hackingclub

Jun 28, 2022
Is there a way to prevent the automatic T-Mobile update to android 12? Currently, I have Android 11 installed and I super happy about it since I have no issues with it at all, but my phone is trying to update itself to Android 12 which I would like to avoid because I heard horrible stories about the newest android version on OnePlus 9. I turned off the "Automatic system updates" under the Developer Options but on the official OnePlus forum I learned that this doesn't work since the software upgrade is pushed by T-Mobile not by OnePlus (at least this is how I understand it). Therefore, is there any workaround? My phone is network unlocked (but not bootloader unlocked) and if possible I would like to permanently disable the upgrade notifications (and the automatic upgrade) without altering the original firmware too much (like unlocking bootloader or installing any custom ROMs). I heard that there is the ADB tool which could be helpful but I'm not quite sure what commands should I issue to fix my problem.

The biggest issue is that every night I have to remember to turn off my phone since otherwise upgrade will be enforced between 12am and 6am which at the beginning wasn't a big deal, however, after two months is getting bit annoying...

Reactions: BRANDENDEUCE

teh_pwnrer

Jun 3, 2012
Turn on data saver and set your WiFi to metered and done! No root needed!! It's working!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is there a way to prevent the automatic T-Mobile update to android 12? Currently, I have Android 11 installed and I super happy about it since I have no issues with it at all, but my phone is trying to update itself to Android 12 which I would like to avoid because I heard horrible stories about the newest android version on OnePlus 9. I turned off the "Automatic system updates" under the Developer Options but on the official OnePlus forum I learned that this doesn't work since the software upgrade is pushed by T-Mobile not by OnePlus (at least this is how I understand it). Therefore, is there any workaround? My phone is network unlocked (but not bootloader unlocked) and if possible I would like to permanently disable the upgrade notifications (and the automatic upgrade) without altering the original firmware too much (like unlocking bootloader or installing any custom ROMs). I heard that there is the ADB tool which could be helpful but I'm not quite sure what commands should I issue to fix my problem.

The biggest issue is that every night I have to remember to turn off my phone since otherwise upgrade will be enforced between 12am and 6am which at the beginning wasn't a big deal, however, after two months is getting bit annoying...