How to properly move an app to the system on new Android patches (Oreo 8/8.1)

Search This thread

Fivegates

Jul 16, 2017
I have tested myself the old ways to put an app as system app on Oneplus 6, but I didn't know that with new Android patches there are some new issues and permissions required (like you can still use lucky patcher, link2sd, es file explorer,..., but you have to add some xml manually, depends on the specific app).

You still need root (magisk) with this method.

The best and the easier way I have found is to use a magisk module: App Systemizer (maybe you can find it as an app or not, idk).
Search in dowload section, in magisk manager, install it, then install a terminal emulator.
Write and enter:
su
systemize
choose 1 and it will provide you a numbered list of your installed apps
choose the correspective number
choose 2 to move to system/priv-app

It will provide the additional xml that are needed now to move an app to system; then reboot and the app will be properly moved to system.

[MOD EDIT]Do not ask for donations.[/MOD EDIT]

Last edited by a moderator:

Luife

Nov 15, 2019
Link2sd

Hi, thanks for this info, i have a question

This whole process you explained here, it has to be done without revert the process done with link2sd or it has to be done fresh with link2sd not installed.

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have tested myself the old ways to put an app as system app on Oneplus 6, but I didn't know that with new Android patches there are some new issues and permissions required (like you can still use lucky patcher, link2sd, es file explorer,..., but you have to add some xml manually, depends on the specific app).

You still need root (magisk) with this method.

The best and the easier way I have found is to use a magisk module: App Systemizer (maybe you can find it as an app or not, idk).
    Search in dowload section, in magisk manager, install it, then install a terminal emulator.
    Write and enter:
    su
    systemize
    choose 1 and it will provide you a numbered list of your installed apps
    choose the correspective number
    choose 2 to move to system/priv-app

It will provide the additional xml that are needed now to move an app to system; then reboot and the app will be properly moved to system.

[MOD EDIT]Do not ask for donations.[/MOD EDIT]