• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How to put twrp on a Knox secured s10

Search This thread

zekare

May 10, 2016
I have a s10 (exynos) It has a factory reset and is secured by Knox (no Email and password). To enable developer mode and USB debugging i have to get trough the setup. So thats not pissible. But i need that to install twrp. Is there a way to actually make the Phone usable again? I want to put LineageOS on it.
Thanks

K4tz

Jul 2, 2013
Malmö
www.twitch.tv
Yeah, try the following. Return the phone to its original owner, purchase a new clean phone from an authorized retailer.
Locked phones are not always stolen. I also have access to phones that no longer have owners but are still logged in and thus unusable. Giving devices like this a second life can hardly be seen as something wrong if the initial owner has willingly given the device away, is it?

Fish0s

Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Even if it *was* stolen it's better to give it a new life than to throw it away. Respect technology and respect earth's limited resources. Don't throw away stuff that can still work.

Reactions: K4tz

K4tz

Jul 2, 2013
Malmö
www.twitch.tv
I work in the used phones industry and there are a ton of phones that go straight to "recycling" (thrown on a big pile and probably will end up in a scrap yard or the ocean somewhere). It'd be nice to be able to unlock some of them and donate them to charity if they are fully functional. Older models, like the S10 for example, most likely won't be used for their parts anywhere in this chain anyway. If it's working, why throw it away? As previous poster said, it's a huge waste of resources.

If anyone can point me in the right direction for information on how to do this, I'd be very grateful

Reactions: Fish0s

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yeah, try the following. Return the phone to its original owner, purchase a new clean phone from an authorized retailer.
    Even if it *was* stolen it's better to give it a new life than to throw it away. Respect technology and respect earth's limited resources. Don't throw away stuff that can still work.
    I work in the used phones industry and there are a ton of phones that go straight to "recycling" (thrown on a big pile and probably will end up in a scrap yard or the ocean somewhere). It'd be nice to be able to unlock some of them and donate them to charity if they are fully functional. Older models, like the S10 for example, most likely won't be used for their parts anywhere in this chain anyway. If it's working, why throw it away? As previous poster said, it's a huge waste of resources.

If anyone can point me in the right direction for information on how to do this, I'd be very grateful