[Completed] How to read .vef file ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
X

XDA Visitor

I had HTC One M7 and my contacts were in phone memory, i exported the contacts but it created a .vef file which is password encrypted instead of .vcf file.
Goolgle contacts doesn't read .vef file and i have Nexus 6p now and i am unable to import contacts.
Please help to convert .vef file to .vcf file or anyway to read the file. I have lost all my contacts and really struggling to get it back.
Couldn't find anything on google also anything so really in need of help.
Any help would be really appreciated.
Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Saber

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 9, 2014
Melbourne
joshualay.xyz
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hi,

Thanks for using XDA assist.

This was one of the responses given a while ago that may help you solve your issue:

As far as I know you can use a .vef file to import contacts to your Google account using your PC. Open the contacts section of your Google account on a desktop browser and you'll see the import contacts option at the bottom of the left sidebar.

Once you've done that just sync your Google contacts on any of your Android devices and your contacts will appear. And in future make sure you save new contacts as a Google contact instead of on your phone memory, it makes things a lot easier.

If that doesn't help, please create a XDA account and post in the following forum:

HTC One (M7) > One (M7) Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting

Good Luck! - gsstudios

Status
Not open for further replies.