How to receive calls from ONLY ONE person?

Search This thread

rawfa

Jan 2, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
When I go to sleep at night I want everything to be off on my phone but I still want to be able to receive calls from ONE SINGLE person in case of emergencies. Is there a way to do this?

psychopac

Sep 12, 2012
New Delhi
When I go to sleep at night I want everything to be off on my phone but I still want to be able to receive calls from ONE SINGLE person in case of emergencies. Is there a way to do this?
Yes you can do it.
First thing you gotta do is "star" the contact from which you want to receive the call. You can do that by opening the specific contact and tapping on that star icon on the top right corner of the screen. Then go to Settings>Sound>Do Not Disturb>Priority only allows>Calls>From starred contacts only.
Give it a try and report if it works or not.

Wolfcity

Recognized Contributor
Apr 26, 2013
Moto G 2014
Moto G5 Plus
Yes you can do it.
First thing you gotta do is "star" the contact from which you want to receive the call. You can do that by opening the specific contact and tapping on that star icon on the top right corner of the screen. Then go to Settings>Sound>Do Not Disturb>Priority only allows>Calls>From starred contacts only.
Give it a try and report if it works or not.
I do that exactly that way and can confirm it. Just made the contact(s) to my favourites and when my device goes into do not disturb mode from 10:30 pm to 7 o'clock am only these contact(s) can call me.

Sent from my Moto G5 Plus using XDA Labs

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone