How To Recompile TW Contacts/Phone Without Errors

Search This thread

Morningstar

Apr 2, 2006
CA
www.alliance-rom.com
Hello XDA,

If you've ever tried to theme or modify SecContacts on lollipop, you've undoubtedly realized that it recompiles, but does not work when pushed back to your device. Today I'm going to show you how to fix that. I've been holding off releasing this information for awhile, but what the hell, here it is, exclusively from Alliance...

***I am not responsible for any loss of data***
***or damage to your device resulting from this mod***​

In order for this to work, your ROM will need to have signature validation disabled. If you do not know how to do so,
A) There are plenty of guides on XDA that will teach you. This is not one of them.
B) Why are you in a developers' forum?

Moving on....
All you need to do is open the AndroidManifest file in your decompiled SecContacts, search for:
Code:
android:authorities="@string/file_provider_authorities"

...and change it to:
Code:
android:authorities="com.android.contacts.files"

Once you've done that, make any other changes you want, recompile (keeping the new manifest), push to your device, and voila! Working SecContacts.

Remember, you heard it here first, and you heard it from Alliance. Enjoy.

Last edited:

Morningstar

Apr 2, 2006
CA
www.alliance-rom.com
Nice work buddy. Now delete before someone learns something around here. [emoji23] [emoji23]

Cowboy from Hell on a twisted trail.
Koffed From my Big Ass Outlaw Phone.
Eh, not this time...Already did that when I originally posted this on the 8th....Then immediately decided to keep it exclusive for a bit, and had the thread pulled...[emoji23]

e4f2d42791000c770d223f9676bbf9a9.jpg

dedichthui

Oct 31, 2010
Hello XDA,

If you've ever tried to theme or modify SecContacts on lollipop, you've undoubtedly realized that it recompiles, but does not work when pushed back to your device. Today I'm going to show you how to fix that. I've been holding off releasing this information for awhile, but what the hell, here it is, exclusively from Alliance...

In order for this to work, your ROM will need to have signature validation disabled. If you do not know how to do so,
A) There are plenty of guides on XDA that will teach you. This is not one of them.

Moving on....
All you need to do is open the AndroidManifest file in your decompiled SecContacts, search for:
Code:

...and change it to:
Code:

Once you've done that, make any other changes you want, recompile (keeping the new manifest), push to your device, and voila! Working SecContacts.

Not works. :crying: I have compiled and edited files SecContacts_Note_CHN.apk as directed then recomplie . But still faulty packaging . Can you make video tutorial ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Morningstar

Morningstar

Apr 2, 2006
CA
www.alliance-rom.com
Not works. :crying: I have compiled and edited files SecContacts_Note_CHN.apk as directed then recomplie . But still faulty packaging . Can you make video tutorial ?
There's no point in making a video tutorial, when it would only show a single text value being changed. It's worked for every single other person who's tried it, so try again. Make sure that you have signature validation disabled on your ROM, and that you're only copying the original META-INF folder back when you recompile, and keeping the new manifest.

After you check all that and try again, if you're still having problems, upload your manifest, but I strongly suspect the problem is one of the things I mentioned...

dedichthui

Oct 31, 2010
There's no point in making a video tutorial, when it would only show a single text value being changed. It's worked for every single other person who's tried it, so try again. Make sure that you have signature validation disabled on your ROM, and that you're only copying the original META-INF folder back when you recompile, and keeping the new manifest.

After you check all that and try again, if you're still having problems, upload your manifest, but I strongly suspect the problem is one of the things I mentioned...

Thanks for the reply . Yes I did. Works fine:D

Last edited:

_alex74_

Recognized Themer
Nov 11, 2012
FVG
Damn i struggled as hell..... i never thought about as manifest has been not touched. ....
sometimes solution for harder issue is so simply. ..
will try when home from vacation ????
big thanks

Morningstar

Apr 2, 2006
CA
www.alliance-rom.com
Reactions: dedichthui

dedichthui

Oct 31, 2010

Bruno saa

Mar 14, 2014
Hello XDA,

Moving on....
Code:

...and change it to:
Code:

Hi guy
I follow steps and its work fine :)
but ... when I open a contact...
I get force close :/
any idear?

Sorry for my english

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello XDA,

Moving on....
    Code:

...and change it to:
    Code:

Nice work buddy. Now delete before someone learns something around here. [emoji23] [emoji23]

Cowboy from Hell on a twisted trail.
    Koffed From my Big Ass Outlaw Phone.
    Thanks for the reply . Yes I did. Works fine:D

Glad to hear it.
    [emoji106]
    Thanks Morningstar
    This is Just a try ( a joke [emoji3]) but it work!
    Thank you again

uploadfromtaptalk1427645554755.png
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone