How To Guide How to reduce battery consumption on the Poco F3

Search This thread

spiral5

Hello guys, I want to tell you the adjustments that I have made to my Poco F3 and that have improved the battery consumption.
For those who have a very high battery consumption in principle with the Poco F3 inactive, I recommend doing this before starting step 1:
Reinstall the rom again, we go to Settings / About the phone / Miui version, where the number 12 is, we press and at the top in the 3 points we download the last package, which is the one we have, we reinstall it and we start with step 1 .

I would be grateful if you could comment on how things went with them. Greetings.

1.- DEACTIVATE AUTOMATIC UPDATES.

In this way we will avoid that the mobile is constantly looking for updates and therefore consuming battery.
1.1- We go to the Play Store and in Settings / General / Update applications automatically, we mark not update applications automatically.
1.2- Once this is done, we go to the Miui updates. We follow the route Settings / About the phone, click on the number 12 that is in the upper left as when we want to update
and then in the three points that appear in the upper right, we go to the update settings option and deactivate download automatically.

2.- DEACTIVATE THE WIFI ASSISTANT.

This option allows the mobile to automatically change the network, without us having to be aware of it, but it uses the battery unnecessarily. We are going to configure it to do it manually.
We follow the path Adjust / Wifi / Wi-Fi Assistant, enter and deactivate the option to select the best networks automatically.

3.- DEACTIVATE THE GAME TURBO.

This option is aimed at those users who do not use the phone to play, if so, deactivate it because it uses a lot of battery. I do not play much, rather little, even so I do not have it deactivated.
We go to Settings and in the search bar type game turbo. Mark the 2nd option that of Game Turbo Security, it will take you to the app, once inside, mark options that are next to the + sign, at the top right. Once inside, uncheck the Game Turbo option, it is the first.

4.-DEACTIVATE THE PRINTING SERVICES.

We have these services to connect to printers active all the time and the phone will be constantly looking for printers so that we can connect.
We go to Settings and at the top in the search bar we will write print. Click on the only option that comes out, now click on System printing services, once inside we will deactivate it. We will see that on the screen below, we have a blue bar with a text that says looking for printers in this way we prevent it from constantly searching.

5.-REMOVE BLOATWARE:

I have removed the following but it depends on each one, they could remove more.
Analytics.
Android Accessibility Suite
App Vault
Browser
Catchlog
Digital wellbeing
Facebook
Feedback
Freeform
Frequent phrases
Games
Google Drive
Google Duo
Google One
Google Photos
HybridAccessory
Joyose
MSA
Market Feedback Agent
Mi Browser
Mi Cloud
Mi credit
Mi pay
Mi video
MiConnectService
MiPlayClient
MiuiDaemon
Music
Notes
Quickball
Scanner
Screen Recorder
Services & feedback
SoterService
Uniplay Service
VsimCore
Weather
Yellow Pages

OTHER ADDITIONAL SETTINGS.

Let's go Developer Options.

-Registry Buffer Size, I have it set to 1 mega.
-Window animation level / Transitions animation level / Transition duration level. All three are by default at 1x, lower them to 0.5x.
-Display: Manual brightness, almost full, in dark mode
-Screen / Color scheme in Saturated.
-Screen / IA image engine, here both IA HDR enhancement and MEMC I have them activated, although they increase consumption they are worth it, the screen improves, both visually and in video viewing.

New edition on 04-22-2021: In addition to the previous additional settings, the refresh rate of the screen can also be lowered from 120Hz to 90Hz, you can see it here:

Last edited:

spiral5

Battery consumption tonight, I left it charged at 100% and spent 3%. I never put it in airplane mode, always with the wifi activated, but I deactivate bluetooth and gps, which I activate again in the morning, I also clean all apps that are open in background.

Screenshot_2021-04-18-09-47-48-032_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg

nicky69100

Jul 26, 2017
LYON
Screenshot_2021-04-18-05-08-09-738_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
well, I am not as lucky as you, even after de bloating and restricting background activities I have big drain in airplane mode . I am really disappointed cuz my 2y old mi9 manages to do 5 hours sot and 1/2 % drain at night whatever the rom (miui or aosp)

Reactions: cyanGalaxy

spiral5

View attachment 5282861well, I am not as lucky as you, even after de bloating and restricting background activities I have big drain in airplane mode . I am really disappointed cuz my 2y old mi9 manages to do 5 hours sot and 1/2 % drain at night whatever the rom (miui or aosp)
Have you tried doing this ?:
“For those who have a very high battery consumption in principle with the Poco F3 inactive, I recommend doing this before starting step 1:
Reinstall the rom again, we go to Settings / About the phone / Miui version, where the number 12 is, we press and at the top in the 3 points we download the last package, which is the one we have, we reinstall it and we start with step 1 .”
Greetings.

iraklis11

Nov 26, 2010
Muchas gracias spiral5 por tu aportación.

Hoy se actualizó mi Poco F3 (tenía problema de batería) y parece que ahora tengo problemas que no informa bien, porque desde las 8:30 cargado y solo me muestra un 99%. Esto es de locos.

Le he quitado de todo conforme has comentado (aparte de la cuenta Mi antes de leerte) pero me gustaría saber si todo el bloatware que has puesto se puede eliminar "legalmente" o has debido usar herramienta adicional ADB o similar.

De nuevo, muchas gracias por tu aportación! ni me podía imaginar que tuviera esto un servicio de impresión también... joder...

----------

MOD EDIT: English Translation Below

Thank you very much spiral5 for your contribution.

Today my Poco F3 was updated (it had a battery problem) and it seems that now I have problems that it does not report well, because since 8:30 it loaded and it only shows me 99%. This is crazy.

I have removed everything as you have commented (apart from the Mi account before reading you) but I would like to know if all the bloatware that you have put can be eliminated "legally" or you have had to use an additional ADB tool or similar.

Again, thank you very much for your input! I couldn't even imagine that this had a printing service too ... damn ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: pocof3man

iraklis11

Nov 26, 2010
Pongo ejemplos del "antes" y el "después", por cierto, a falta de quitar algún bloatware adicional...

La stats del "despúes" ponen menos de 3h, pero es porque reinicié para ver si se había quedado enganchado algún proceso que mire la batería, porque no me creo qu edesde las 8:30 esté así.

----------

MOD EDIT: English Translation Below

I put examples of "before" and "after", by the way, in the absence of removing some additional bloatware ...

The "after" stats put less than 3h, but it is because I restarted to see if a process that looks at the battery had been hooked, because I do not believe that it is like this since 8:30.

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-20 at 07.34.01.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-20 at 15.26.06.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: pocof3man

iraklis11

Nov 26, 2010
First post (April 20th 15:20):
Thank you spiral5 for your contribution.

Today my Poco F3 was updated (it had a battery drain problem) and it seems that now I have problems reporting, because since 8:30 (full charged) it only shows 99%. This is crazy.

I have removed everything you commented (apart from Mi account before reading you) but I would like to know if all the bloatware you wrote can be eliminated "legally" or you had to use an additional tool like ADB or similar.

Again, thank you very much for your input! I couldn't even imagine that this had a printing service too ... damn ...

Second post (April 20th 15:27):
"Before" and "After" screenshots (before clean all bloatware)

I don't believe that after 7 hours it has 99% battery left. Stats was reseted after reboot (I rebooted the phone because I couldn't believe that stats).

Update (today):
27'5h uptime, 62% battery left. Soooo coool.

spiral5

Muchas gracias spiral5 por tu aportación.

Hoy se actualizó mi Poco F3 (tenía problema de batería) y parece que ahora tengo problemas que no informa bien, porque desde las 8:30 cargado y solo me muestra un 99%. Esto es de locos.

Le he quitado de todo conforme has comentado (aparte de la cuenta Mi antes de leerte) pero me gustaría saber si todo el bloatware que has puesto se puede eliminar "legalmente" o has debido usar herramienta adicional ADB o similar.

De nuevo, muchas gracias por tu aportación! ni me podía imaginar que tuviera esto un servicio de impresión también... joder...

You can use Xaiomi ADB fastboot tools, the bloatware that I put is the one that I deleted, but maybe you don't need as much or maybe you need to delete more, in the program you get a list that you can remove without problems. Greetings.

Reactions: iraklis11

spiral5

iraklis11

Nov 26, 2010
here we go again this night.

Ok, I've still not delete the rest of apps, but it drains as before patch.

I close all apps before going to bed.

What's going on with you, Xiaomi?

I'll report after deletion...

1619250964280.png

iraklis11

Nov 26, 2010
My phone seems to be erratic again.

Just restart the phone at 7:00 and it returns to be ok.

Come on, Miui!

I set energy behaviour to some apps (closing them 10 min after been in background), I follow all the instructions here... it's annoying.

Packages already removed:

APPPACKAGES
Analytics.com.miui.analytics
Catchlogcom.bsp.catchlog
Digital wellbeingcom.google.android.apps.wellbeing
Facebookcom.facebook.services
com.facebook.system
com.facebook.appmanager
Feedbackcom.google.android.feedback
Frequent phrasescom.miui.phrase
Gamescom.xiaomi.glgm
Google Onecom.google.android.apps.subscriptions.red
Google Photoscom.google.android.apps.photos
HybridAccessorycom.miui.hybrid
com.miui.hybrid.accessory
Joyosecom.xiaomi.joyose
MSAcom.miui.msa.global
Mi Cloudcom.miui.cloudservice
com.miui.cloudservice.sysbase
com.miui.micloudsync
com.miui.cloudbackup
Mi creditcom.xiaomi.payment
com.mipay.wallet.in
Mi videocom.miui.videoplayer
Musiccom.miui.player
Notescom.miui.notes
SoterServicecom.tencent.soter.soterserver
Yellow Pagescom.miui.yellowpage
Netflixcom.netflix.partner.activation
ebaycom.ebay.carrier
Mi Pickscom.xiaomi.mipicks
Mi DocViewercn.wps.xiaomi.abroad.lite
Google Docscom.google.android.apps.docs
Google Chromecom.android.chrome

1619425609803.png

Ah, last Saturday I made a Hard Reset to restart all the things to do and I found this windows:

1619426056293.png

That's for me a better way to see battery consumption. I forgot to disable system apps and I think that's an old screen for battery stats, right? :/

I already have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder with this!

Reactions: alispeedsport

spiral5

My phone seems to be erratic again.

Just restart the phone at 7:00 and it returns to be ok.

Come on, Miui!

I set energy behaviour to some apps (closing them 10 min after been in background), I follow all the instructions here... it's annoying.

Packages already removed:

APPPACKAGES
Analytics.com.miui.analytics
Catchlogcom.bsp.catchlog
Digital wellbeingcom.google.android.apps.wellbeing
Facebookcom.facebook.services
com.facebook.system
com.facebook.appmanager
Feedbackcom.google.android.feedback
Frequent phrasescom.miui.phrase
Gamescom.xiaomi.glgm
Google Onecom.google.android.apps.subscriptions.red
Google Photoscom.google.android.apps.photos
HybridAccessorycom.miui.hybrid
com.miui.hybrid.accessory
Joyosecom.xiaomi.joyose
MSAcom.miui.msa.global
Mi Cloudcom.miui.cloudservice
com.miui.cloudservice.sysbase
com.miui.micloudsync
com.miui.cloudbackup
Mi creditcom.xiaomi.payment
com.mipay.wallet.in
Mi videocom.miui.videoplayer
Musiccom.miui.player
Notescom.miui.notes
SoterServicecom.tencent.soter.soterserver
Yellow Pagescom.miui.yellowpage
Netflixcom.netflix.partner.activation
ebaycom.ebay.carrier
Mi Pickscom.xiaomi.mipicks
Mi DocViewercn.wps.xiaomi.abroad.lite
Google Docscom.google.android.apps.docs
Google Chromecom.android.chrome

View attachment 5291005

Ah, last Saturday I made a Hard Reset to restart all the things to do and I found this windows:

View attachment 5291013

That's for me a better way to see battery consumption. I forgot to disable system apps and I think that's an old screen for battery stats, right? :/

I already have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder with this!
Hi, have you tried reinstalling the latest update? Greetings.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys, I want to tell you the adjustments that I have made to my Poco F3 and that have improved the battery consumption.
    For those who have a very high battery consumption in principle with the Poco F3 inactive, I recommend doing this before starting step 1:
    Reinstall the rom again, we go to Settings / About the phone / Miui version, where the number 12 is, we press and at the top in the 3 points we download the last package, which is the one we have, we reinstall it and we start with step 1 .

I would be grateful if you could comment on how things went with them. Greetings.

1.- DEACTIVATE AUTOMATIC UPDATES.

In this way we will avoid that the mobile is constantly looking for updates and therefore consuming battery.
    1.1- We go to the Play Store and in Settings / General / Update applications automatically, we mark not update applications automatically.
    1.2- Once this is done, we go to the Miui updates. We follow the route Settings / About the phone, click on the number 12 that is in the upper left as when we want to update
    and then in the three points that appear in the upper right, we go to the update settings option and deactivate download automatically.

2.- DEACTIVATE THE WIFI ASSISTANT.

This option allows the mobile to automatically change the network, without us having to be aware of it, but it uses the battery unnecessarily. We are going to configure it to do it manually.
    We follow the path Adjust / Wifi / Wi-Fi Assistant, enter and deactivate the option to select the best networks automatically.

3.- DEACTIVATE THE GAME TURBO.

This option is aimed at those users who do not use the phone to play, if so, deactivate it because it uses a lot of battery. I do not play much, rather little, even so I do not have it deactivated.
    We go to Settings and in the search bar type game turbo. Mark the 2nd option that of Game Turbo Security, it will take you to the app, once inside, mark options that are next to the + sign, at the top right. Once inside, uncheck the Game Turbo option, it is the first.

4.-DEACTIVATE THE PRINTING SERVICES.

We have these services to connect to printers active all the time and the phone will be constantly looking for printers so that we can connect.
    We go to Settings and at the top in the search bar we will write print. Click on the only option that comes out, now click on System printing services, once inside we will deactivate it. We will see that on the screen below, we have a blue bar with a text that says looking for printers in this way we prevent it from constantly searching.

5.-REMOVE BLOATWARE:

I have removed the following but it depends on each one, they could remove more.
    Analytics.
    Android Accessibility Suite
    App Vault
    Browser
    Catchlog
    Digital wellbeing
    Facebook
    Feedback
    Freeform
    Frequent phrases
    Games
    Google Drive
    Google Duo
    Google One
    Google Photos
    HybridAccessory
    Joyose
    MSA
    Market Feedback Agent
    Mi Browser
    Mi Cloud
    Mi credit
    Mi pay
    Mi video
    MiConnectService
    MiPlayClient
    MiuiDaemon
    Music
    Notes
    Quickball
    Scanner
    Screen Recorder
    Services & feedback
    SoterService
    Uniplay Service
    VsimCore
    Weather
    Yellow Pages

OTHER ADDITIONAL SETTINGS.

Let's go Developer Options.

-Registry Buffer Size, I have it set to 1 mega.
    -Window animation level / Transitions animation level / Transition duration level. All three are by default at 1x, lower them to 0.5x.
    -Display: Manual brightness, almost full, in dark mode
    -Screen / Color scheme in Saturated.
    -Screen / IA image engine, here both IA HDR enhancement and MEMC I have them activated, although they increase consumption they are worth it, the screen improves, both visually and in video viewing.

New edition on 04-22-2021: In addition to the previous additional settings, the refresh rate of the screen can also be lowered from 120Hz to 90Hz, you can see it here:

English please
    First post (April 20th 15:20):
    Thank you spiral5 for your contribution.

Today my Poco F3 was updated (it had a battery drain problem) and it seems that now I have problems reporting, because since 8:30 (full charged) it only shows 99%. This is crazy.

I have removed everything you commented (apart from Mi account before reading you) but I would like to know if all the bloatware you wrote can be eliminated "legally" or you had to use an additional tool like ADB or similar.

Second post (April 20th 15:27):
    "Before" and "After" screenshots (before clean all bloatware)

I don't believe that after 7 hours it has 99% battery left. Stats was reseted after reboot (I rebooted the phone because I couldn't believe that stats).

Update (today):
    27'5h uptime, 62% battery left. Soooo coool.
    I'm testing MMX weekly ROM v21.6.23 (that is a cleaned version of the corresponding miui.eu ROM), and I must confess that I get a real improvement of the power consumption over miui.eu especially in standby (0.12%/h during the night)
    I think it worths to be tested.
    People doing the debloating thing first time might want to DEACTIVATE the packages rather than UNISTALLING them. I say this because if anything breaks in the MIUI after debloating you can always try to find and enable the package that broke it.

I do this. I DEACTIVATE the bloated apps, use the phone for 3 4 days and if there are no issues I UNINSTALL them.