How to Remove Boot freeze (warning screen) after unlocking bootloader

Search This thread

DD3Boh

Recognized Developer
Feb 16, 2017
Italy
Moto Z
Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus)
I'd like to keep it unlocked since I need root, is it possible to remove it somehow?
I don't think that this is possible to do, even changing the splash logo you can't do that. You could try to relock the bootloader but I never tried doing that on a custom ROM, only on the stock one. I don't remember if after relocking the bootloader with the bootloader status as relocked the initial boot menu is shown. Anyway you could try. I suggest the mauronofrio's tool if you're on Windows. If you are on Linux you have to use the adb and fastboot commands

LaurynasVP

Mar 11, 2014
Lithuania
re

I don't think that this is possible to do, even changing the splash logo you can't do that. You could try to relock the bootloader but I never tried doing that on a custom ROM, only on the stock one. I don't remember if after relocking the bootloader with the bootloader status as relocked the initial boot menu is shown. Anyway you could try. I suggest the mauronofrio's tool if you're on Windows. If you are on Linux you have to use the adb and fastboot commands

I assume [re]locking your BL on custom ROM will cause hard-brick. I need root so can't lock BL

P650SE

Aug 14, 2013
I used to have a ZTE Axon 7 that used pretty-much the exact same warning screen as the ZUK Z2. For certain ROMs on the device you had to flash a different bootloader, as provided by developers on XDA. I remember in one of the flashable bootloaders, the developer was able to remove the warning screen somehow. So I think it is possible to do this on the ZUK as well. It just needs someone to look into it.

P650SE

Aug 14, 2013
Yeah just a thing, you can now relock bootloader on z2, on specific Roms. I made a guide for it and it works 100% :)
That sounds great. Although I just went and read your guide and I noticed it says the 5-second bootloader warning will still be there. Is there no way of getting rid of the warning completely even with a locked bootloader?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey there, is there possible to remove that ugly black screen after unlocking bootloader that appears every boot and freezes 5 sec? Thanks in advance.