• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

How to remove "custom" on boot screen

Search This thread

spinedoc

Dec 31, 2005
Rooted here using the sprint method and my boot screen shows "custom". I'm returning the phone but didn't want to have anyone say it's been rooted. How do I get rid of the custom label?

I've tried unrooting and installing the official PH1 firmware but it still shows. From what I understand triangle-away will not work with Knox devices.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

ohblindone

Sep 12, 2016
Rooted here using the sprint method and my boot screen shows "custom". I'm returning the phone but didn't want to have anyone say it's been rooted. How do I get rid of the custom label?

I've tried unrooting and installing the official PH1 firmware but it still shows. From what I understand triangle-away will not work with Knox devices.

1. Get xposed installed on your note 7
2. Install xtouchWiz or Wanam xposed module (Wanam xposed module install is recommended in the xposed install tutorial I linked above. You can do either one.)
3. Open up corresponding app for the module and go to "Security Hacks" -> Check "Fake system status."
4. Reboot
5. ???
6. Profit

Last edited:
Reactions: spinedoc

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1. Get xposed installed on your note 7
    2. Install xtouchWiz or Wanam xposed module (Wanam xposed module install is recommended in the xposed install tutorial I linked above. You can do either one.)
    3. Open up corresponding app for the module and go to "Security Hacks" -> Check "Fake system status."
    4. Reboot
    5. ???
    6. Profit