• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

How to Remove Digital Wellbeing

Search This thread

Avoid1

Oct 24, 2015
Hi,

So I have seen digital well being popping up, and tried to disable it, of course it is not disabled, its just monitoring every action while more silent about it. Although give it a week and that nasty app pops up again, it even fails at hiding itself properly.
I love how they claim this is for the users benefit. What bollocks.
So looking for ways to get rid. Or maybe someone knows a rom where this POS is removed.

Any help appreciated

ulxerker

Jul 6, 2015
Google Pixel 5
Hi,

So I have seen digital well being popping up, and tried to disable it, of course it is not disabled, its just monitoring every action while more silent about it. Although give it a week and that nasty app pops up again, it even fails at hiding itself properly.
So looking for ways to get rid. Or maybe someone knows a rom where this POS is removed.

Any help appreciated
Either you disable it via adb (google as to how) or as a workaround you can disable notifications and access to user data for this app, works for me.

Avoid1

Oct 24, 2015
Either you disable it via adb (google as to how) or as a workaround you can disable notifications and access to user data for this app, works for me.

I will go via adb then. That well being icon pops up still even though I've disabled notifications and access. I see it still doing it's thing. It just tried to be faster at disappearing.
Thanks for replying.

jimv1983

Feb 28, 2011
Benicia, CA
Hi,

Any help appreciated

That's very odd that it keeps popping up for you. I've never touched Digital Wellbeing on my phone and I've never seen it come up at all. The only reminder I have that it's even on my phone is the option that shows up in Settings.

PAXILE

Sep 17, 2016
There is an app called NET GUARD where you can control your apps and system apps from accessing the web. I haven't tried it myself but hopefully that may help?