• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How to remove EncroChat OS on my BQ Aquaris X?

Search This thread

pthndrx

Aug 19, 2013
Hi there, i have a BQ Aquaris X, and has Encrochat OS I want to remove it because i can't use it for anything. I try adb and fastboot but it doesn't work. I don't have any idea how to install android normally on it.
Need Help

Thank

[GS]

Jun 24, 2012
Durres
Hi there, i have a BQ Aquaris X, and has Encrochat OS I want to remove it because i can't use it for anything. I try adb and fastboot but it doesn't work. I don't have any idea how to install android normally on it.
Need Help

Thank
Nobody can remove ENCROCHATOS, try to contact ENCROCHAT support

danikane

May 1, 2011
I wrote Encronchat and as I expected - NO REPLY.
Plus I tried literally every f**king testpoint combination and nothing works.
I highly doubt they tampered with the hardware plus the EDL should be in the read-only flash memory, not on the MMC, so it's theoretically possible to get to EDL unless they managed to flash over that one too.

I will appreciate if anyone can dump the block from a working Aquaris X.

Code:
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/Image.img
The SD card location is an example.

Nicky69es

Feb 11, 2019
encrochat hacked?

see it
watch?v=mUdugZjTPho

I wrote Encronchat and as I expected - NO REPLY.
Plus I tried literally every f**king testpoint combination and nothing works.
I highly doubt they tampered with the hardware plus the EDL should be in the read-only flash memory, not on the MMC, so it's theoretically possible to get to EDL unless they managed to flash over that one too.

I will appreciate if anyone can dump the block from a working Aquaris X.

Code:
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/Image.img
The SD card location is an example.

danikane

May 1, 2011
see it
watch?v=mUdugZjTPho

Thank you for chiming in, although it's not helpful.
The phone cannot be put in ANY mode whatsoever.
Nobody needs to access data from the file system, be it encrypted or not.

I got an Aquaris X Pro for a daily driver and I made a dump, so the solution with the SD card I mentioned above does not work.
The only thing left is to flash the eMMC using the serial connection points on the board (DP, DM) ...

Teddy Lo

Nov 8, 2017
Hi , this has to be because BQ Aquaris is the phone with Encrochat OS secured - secret OS which disable Fastboot mode , recovery mode , edl mode , bluetooth , wifi , camera , apps , web browser , etc ...

These issue is probably because device was protected by some account and user has put to manu times wrong password and result of that is ENSCRYPTED DEVICE! maybe I'm wrong but that is just my opinion ...

It is difficult to get this device recognised by PC but ....

Maybe I think this pinout will help you to get your device recognised but since I don't have that device to test .

So all what you are doing is at your own risk !!!

Steps :

1. You need original micro USB cable or USB Type C cable .

2. cut the conector and saparate 4 wires :
red / black / green / white/

3. Now , unplug the battery flat cable from the mainboard and solder those wires one by one carefully like I show in the image bellow ....

BqwtFd3.png

4. Connect now usb cable on PC and see if it gets recognised , if not disconect the usb cable and plug battery conector and try again.

- If that doesn't work , unplug battery connector , hold Vol + and connect USB cable to the pc , if not then plug battery connector , hold Vol + and connect USB cable to the PC...

- If that doesn't work , If that doesn't work , unplug battery connector , hold Vol - and connect USB cable to the pc , if not then plug battery connector , hold Vol - and connect USB cable to the PC...

- Last you can try is the same proces but now Hold VOL + and Vol - together without the battery connector and plug the usb cable to the PC , if not then try again with pluged battery conector...

EDIT:
Two steps more I forgot to say and that is to short Data Minus and Data Plus , without battery connector plugged in . You can solder one wire on those DM and DP wires or solder one switch button so is up to you but I think is better with switch button to stop bootloop of reconecting ....

See Picture!

VpKqMxf.png

If that doesn't work try with battery conector in ...

Good luck , and let me know what's going on :) ...

Last edited:

Presonus

May 24, 2019
Hi , this has to be because BQ Aquaris is the phone with Encrochat OS secured - secret OS which disable Fastboot mode , recovery mode , edl mode , bluetooth , wifi , camera , apps , web browser , etc ...

These issue is probably because device was protected by some account and user has put to manu times wrong password and result of that is ENSCRYPTED DEVICE! maybe I'm wrong but that is just my opinion ...

It is difficult to get this device recognised by PC but ....

Maybe I think this pinout will help you to get your device recognised but since I don't have that device to test .

So all what you are doing is at your own risk !!!

Steps :

1. You need original micro USB cable or USB Type C cable .

2. cut the conector and saparate 4 wires :
red / black / green / white/

3. Now , unplug the battery flat cable from the mainboard and solder those wires one by one carefully like I show in the image bellow ....

BqwtFd3.png

4. Connect now usb cable on PC and see if it gets recognised , if not disconect the usb cable and plug battery conector and try again.

- If that doesn't work , unplug battery connector , hold Vol + and connect USB cable to the pc , if not then plug battery connector , hold Vol + and connect USB cable to the PC...

- If that doesn't work , If that doesn't work , unplug battery connector , hold Vol - and connect USB cable to the pc , if not then plug battery connector , hold Vol - and connect USB cable to the PC...

- Last you can try is the same proces but now Hold VOL + and Vol - together without the battery connector and plug the usb cable to the PC , if not then try again with pluged battery conector...

EDIT:
Two steps more I forgot to say and that is to short Data Minus and Data Plus , without battery connector plugged in . You can solder one wire on those DM and DP wires or solder one switch button so is up to you but I think is better with switch button to stop bootloop of reconecting ....

See Picture!

VpKqMxf.png

If that doesn't work try with battery conector in ...

Good luck , and let me know what's going on :) ...

Hi. thanks for the test but the PC doesn't detect the mob. If you have any ideas?
Thanks advance

Teddy Lo

Nov 8, 2017
Hi. thanks for the test but the PC doesn't detect the mob. If you have any ideas?
Thanks advance

Hi , I tested the abowe on my custumer cell phone and it doesn't work , but what I didn't tester is to short testpoint which are close to EMMC and CPU , so for that you need to remove wit hot gun metal shield in order to access to electronic parts :)..

https://ibb.co/z5g05SK

or

https://ibb.co/WBPH29v

DO AT YOUR OWN RISK !

Good luck

Last edited:

yaramaz1977

Oct 21, 2008
help me connect with x2

hello anyone pls help me connect with x2

Attachments

• IMG_E0099.jpg
    IMG_E0099.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 414
Last edited:

jooops

Sep 12, 2009
Amsterdam
@jooops @yaramaz1977

Fu*c... ive got an Aquaris X2 over ebay marketplace and it only got in private mode. Seems to have this EncroChat Sh*t on it.

Should i really get rid of it?

If you haven’t already, then all your details and privacy has been exposed to government hackers. Google Encrochat to find out how serious this is. Pretty smart move of the guy selling you that phone. I bet he did it with false details about himself lol

FuzzyHead

Aug 13, 2010
If you haven’t already, then all your details and privacy has been exposed to government hackers. Google Encrochat to find out how serious this is. Pretty smart move of the guy selling you that phone. I bet he did it with false details about himself lol

Awesome... And I thought it would be a cheap smartphone. But the seller is still online on the marketplace, selling items since 2015 and still have some articles. I don't think he knows about this.

I already googled about this sh*t. Thinking about going to the police before they do.

jooops

Sep 12, 2009
Amsterdam
Awesome... And I thought it would be a cheap smartphone. But the seller is still online on the marketplace, selling items since 2015 and still have some articles. I don't think he knows about this.

I already googled about this sh*t. Thinking about going to the police before they do.

Yes either hit up the police and ask them what’s your best move to make or see if you can fully wipe the system and somehow get a custom rom and kernel on the system.

Totally f*cked with that Encro crap...

FuzzyHead

Aug 13, 2010
Yes either hit up the police and ask them what’s your best move to make or see if you can fully wipe the system and somehow get a custom rom and kernel on the system.

Totally f*cked with that Encro crap...

I dont think, wiping is the best idea to convince the police that i bought it over a marketplace. And i dont think theres any way to wipe it. It seems that this fuc*ing software developer also manipulated the hardware, like some News said.

Satmaxnet

Nov 29, 2021
I have thé same private mode on my x2 but i try to do test point and my computer recognize my phone as à quallicom devise but which firmware is compatible with qualicom chipset on my phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lol I assume by now, that everyone who has this phone wants to get rid of it ASAP.