• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How to remove Nav Bar in Android 11

Search This thread

callmegadgets

Mar 19, 2021
This was working perfectly on my Note 10+ (Snapdragon), even surviving updates from One UI 2.5 to 3.0. But the 3.1 update was pushed a couple of days ago and my nav bar reappeared. I went through the same steps as last time, but unfortunately after Synergy uninstalls the High Contrast Theme and prompts me to install Synergy Core Theme, it fails every time.

Anyone have ideas? Is this just an incompatibility of Synergy with One UI 3.1? Anyone else have ideas? FNG still works of course but I hate having an unused nav bar killing my clean screen setup 😭

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210319-155415_Package installer.jpg
    Screenshot_20210319-155415_Package installer.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 86
  • Screenshot_20210319-155422_synergy.jpg
    Screenshot_20210319-155422_synergy.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 86
Reactions: sm1ng

Veiranx

Dec 2, 2020
Thanks for this apk. I used to use XDA navigation gestures a lot on A10. Which I really miss a lot on Note 20 OneUi 3.1. so question is can I use this on a non rooted OneUi 3 with synergy and substratum lite?
I am unfamiliar with Synergy; however, to my knowledge this technique requires root because substratum does.

Last edited:

Veiranx

Dec 2, 2020
Hides the nav bar, but the space is taken. So FNG shortcut works not from the bottom of the screen, but from the bottom of the invisible nav bar. Any fixes?
Interesting, my Pixel 5 and Galaxy Tab S7 don't encounter this issue. What device and android version are you using?

This was working perfectly on my Note 10+ (Snapdragon), even surviving updates from One UI 2.5 to 3.0. But the 3.1 update was pushed a couple of days ago and my nav bar reappeared. I went through the same steps as last time, but unfortunately after Synergy uninstalls the High Contrast Theme and prompts me to install Synergy Core Theme, it fails every time.

Anyone have ideas? Is this just an incompatibility of Synergy with One UI 3.1? Anyone else have ideas? FNG still works of course but I hate having an unused nav bar killing my clean screen setup 😭

I'm not familiar with Synergy. From the brief bit that I read, it appears to be kind of an assist for theming One UI devices?

HaggleLad

Jan 14, 2010
www.oliverpearmain.com

Yep, exactly the same issue here.

Samsung S10e here. I'd previously managed to remove the nav bar using substratum, synergy and the one ui high contrast theme. No root required.

However I've just performed a system update and the nav bar returned. I've attempted to follow the exact same steps I followed previously but when attempting to "build" with Synergy it fails when attempting to install "Synergy Core Theme".

Any help appreciated. The nav bar sucks balls.

Reactions: sm1ng

Samsung S10e here. I'd previously managed to remove the nav bar using substratum, synergy and the one ui high contrast theme. No root required.

However I've just performed a system update and the nav bar returned. I've attempted to follow the exact same steps I followed previously but when attempting to "build" with Synergy it fails when attempting to install "Synergy Core Theme".

I used hex and was able to hide the navigation bar in S21ultra running android 11

Enable 3 button nav bar
Install and apply hex with nav bar size of 0
Reboot.

Edit : rooting is not needed.

Last edited:

VicoLudo

Jan 22, 2012
Hi,
HEX with substratum work good but:
When i see videos in Chrome, full screen and landascape, the navbar appaer, without Burtons.
I gate this, do you have solutions?

Thanks

Bourjois

Mar 1, 2012
How to remove navigation bar (three button) in Android 11. NOTE: Root is required to use this method!

Hi guys! Please either move or remove this thread if it's either in the wrong place or covered by another thread. This thread is intended to walk through removing the three-button navigation bar in Android 11 since the traditional way ('wm overscan') doesn't work anymore.

This is useful for if you want to use an alternative gesture system, such as Fluid Navigation Gestures (FNG). Before you get started with the below, be sure you have enabled the replacement system first. FNG's built in navbar disabler doesn't work on Android 11, so you don't need to have this switched on.

Assuming you have root already (there should be plenty of tutorials available to help you out on this), all you really need to do is download Substratum Lite and nonavbar.apk (available at: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsqLR2yZd3fMiaV4fcCSAw7trgl8AQ?e=e9ncai). Choose to install nonavbar.apk, then it should show up as a theme in 'lite'. After pressing the NoNavBar theme, you should see 'Android System (android [11])' to the left of a checkbox. After checking this box, press the '1 SELECTED' button on the bottom right. Then, press 'Install selected', restart, and get back to this screen to finally 'Enable selected'.

See for screenshots: https://photos.app.goo.gl/HL48xhsZMPMkmcdV7

And at that, you should have your replacement gestures as your primary input now! Enjoy!

I'm by no means an expert, so my ability to help with questions is limited. Hope this helps!

This worked perfectly on my Pocophone F1 (running CrDroid 7.5), thank you so much!

lost_

Jan 29, 2010
DC
I used hex and was able to hide the navigation bar in S21ultra running android 11

Enable 3 button nav bar
Reboot.

@Techvir, can you confirm if yours is OneUI 3.1 with March or later security patch?

Synergy works fine with nonavbar overlay in OneUI 3.0 and January patch, but OneUI 3.1/March patch closed the access it was using.

lost_

Jan 29, 2010
DC
@Techvir , does it still work with May or June patch?

The latest Hex now requires a step via ADB after every reboot -- PC ADB with a cable, or in-phone Shizuku which is cable-less but requires the phone to be on wifi.

Synergy does the same thing, but the latest app update on Play Store as of today is still not visible to all users.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    worked on motorola g 5g plus
    i really really really needed this
    thank you very much !
    How to remove navigation bar (three button) in Android 11. NOTE: Root is required to use this method!

Hi guys! Please either move or remove this thread if it's either in the wrong place or covered by another thread. This thread is intended to walk through removing the three-button navigation bar in Android 11 since the traditional way ('wm overscan') doesn't work anymore.

This is useful for if you want to use an alternative gesture system, such as Fluid Navigation Gestures (FNG). Before you get started with the below, be sure you have enabled the replacement system first. FNG's built in navbar disabler doesn't work on Android 11, so you don't need to have this switched on.

Assuming you have root already (there should be plenty of tutorials available to help you out on this), all you really need to do is download Substratum Lite and nonavbar.apk (available at: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsqLR2yZd3fMiaV4fcCSAw7trgl8AQ?e=e9ncai). Choose to install nonavbar.apk, then it should show up as a theme in 'lite'. After pressing the NoNavBar theme, you should see 'Android System (android [11])' to the left of a checkbox. After checking this box, press the '1 SELECTED' button on the bottom right. Then, press 'Install selected', restart, and get back to this screen to finally 'Enable selected'.

See for screenshots: https://photos.app.goo.gl/HL48xhsZMPMkmcdV7

And at that, you should have your replacement gestures as your primary input now! Enjoy!

I'm by no means an expert, so my ability to help with questions is limited. Hope this helps!

Enable 3 button nav bar
    Reboot.

What's this 'hex'? Is it something devices other than from Samsung can use?

It is meant for Samsung devices.
    As the creator of the Fullscreen/Immersive gestures module, I'll just say, thanks for offering users the ability to use their favorite alternative navigation methods on Android 11

It's really unfortunate that people have to be either forced to use Android's standard navigation gestures (which quite a few people dislike) or an impossible to be hidden 3 button navbar (due to the removal of Overscan)

Keep up the good work :)
    I would appreciate if there is the way to completely
    hide status bar in android 11 with "no display cutout magisk module".