• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How to remove Nav Bar in Android 11

Search This thread

ace_apr27

Jun 2, 2012
Vienna
OnePlus One
OnePlus 7T Pro
Thank you, it works perfectly on OP7Pro OOS11!
But one question, how can I retain default keyboard spacing with this theme installed? It's really hard to type when there is no keyboard spacing. Thx.
This isn't a perfect solution to your problem, but it's a workaround - if you use SwiftKey, you can enable Arrow Keys. They appear below the keyboard and bump the keyboard up slightly. It definitely helps a little bit with the spacing issue. Not sure how you'd fix this with other keywboards, unfortunately.

Reactions: TheSilent3327

sirnonox

May 17, 2015
There is also this alternative for rooted phones with Magisk and module Magisk Hide Props Config:

Works great on Miui 12.6 on my Poco F3
Hope that helps

This isn't a perfect solution to your problem, but it's a workaround - if you use SwiftKey, you can enable Arrow Keys. They appear below the keyboard and bump the keyboard up slightly. It definitely helps a little bit with the spacing issue. Not sure how you'd fix this with other keywboards, unfortunately.
That's a good idea! Fortunately I use SwiftKey. I'll try this workaround. Thanks.

Veiranx

Dec 2, 2020
There is also this alternative for rooted phones with Magisk and module Magisk Hide Props Config:

Works great on Miui 12.6 on my Poco F3
Hope that helps
It does! I disabled NoNavBar from this thread's OP and enabled the Pixel Tweaks v5.3 one.

Only downside is there are three white dashes at the bottom of the screen that weren't there with the NoNavBar. It doesn't bother me, though!

observingi

Mar 19, 2011
Nonavbar theme isn't working on my rooted Oneplus 9 Pro
I Build & Install, reboot, and then Enable selected
I get a message to compile.

Also there is a message on the theme page(screenshot attached)

Am I missing any step?

Thanks

Edit: Installed substratum Lite and that solved the problem.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210803-164559.jpg
    Screenshot_20210803-164559.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Veiranx

Dec 2, 2020
Nonavbar theme isn't working on my rooted Oneplus 9 Pro
I Build & Install, reboot, and then Enable selected
I get a message to compile.

Also there is a message on the theme page(screenshot attached)

Am I missing any step?

Thanks

Edit: Installed substratum Lite and that solved the problem.
Try using Lite (by substratum) and let me know if that does or does not help.

scrocle

Aug 18, 2018
How to remove navigation bar (three button) in Android 11. NOTE: Root is required to use this method!

Hi guys! Please either move or remove this thread if it's either in the wrong place or covered by another thread. This thread is intended to walk through removing the three-button navigation bar in Android 11 since the traditional way ('wm overscan') doesn't work anymore.

This is useful for if you want to use an alternative gesture system, such as Fluid Navigation Gestures (FNG). Before you get started with the below, be sure you have enabled the replacement system first. FNG's built in navbar disabler doesn't work on Android 11, so you don't need to have this switched on.

Assuming you have root already (there should be plenty of tutorials available to help you out on this), all you really need to do is download Substratum Lite and nonavbar.apk (available at: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsqLR2yZd3fMiaV4fcCSAw7trgl8AQ?e=e9ncai). Choose to install nonavbar.apk, then it should show up as a theme in 'lite'. After pressing the NoNavBar theme, you should see 'Android System (android [11])' to the left of a checkbox. After checking this box, press the '1 SELECTED' button on the bottom right. Then, press 'Install selected', restart, and get back to this screen to finally 'Enable selected'.

See for screenshots: https://photos.app.goo.gl/HL48xhsZMPMkmcdV7

And at that, you should have your replacement gestures as your primary input now! Enjoy!

I'm by no means an expert, so my ability to help with questions is limited. Hope this helps!
Thanks for this. works on OP9R (OOS11).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    worked on motorola g 5g plus
    i really really really needed this
    thank you very much !
    How to remove navigation bar (three button) in Android 11. NOTE: Root is required to use this method!

Hi guys! Please either move or remove this thread if it's either in the wrong place or covered by another thread. This thread is intended to walk through removing the three-button navigation bar in Android 11 since the traditional way ('wm overscan') doesn't work anymore.

This is useful for if you want to use an alternative gesture system, such as Fluid Navigation Gestures (FNG). Before you get started with the below, be sure you have enabled the replacement system first. FNG's built in navbar disabler doesn't work on Android 11, so you don't need to have this switched on.

Assuming you have root already (there should be plenty of tutorials available to help you out on this), all you really need to do is download Substratum Lite and nonavbar.apk (available at: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsqLR2yZd3fMiaV4fcCSAw7trgl8AQ?e=e9ncai). Choose to install nonavbar.apk, then it should show up as a theme in 'lite'. After pressing the NoNavBar theme, you should see 'Android System (android [11])' to the left of a checkbox. After checking this box, press the '1 SELECTED' button on the bottom right. Then, press 'Install selected', restart, and get back to this screen to finally 'Enable selected'.

See for screenshots: https://photos.app.goo.gl/HL48xhsZMPMkmcdV7

And at that, you should have your replacement gestures as your primary input now! Enjoy!

I'm by no means an expert, so my ability to help with questions is limited. Hope this helps!
    Yep, exactly the same issue here.

Samsung S10e here. I'd previously managed to remove the nav bar using substratum, synergy and the one ui high contrast theme. No root required.

However I've just performed a system update and the nav bar returned. I've attempted to follow the exact same steps I followed previously but when attempting to "build" with Synergy it fails when attempting to install "Synergy Core Theme".

Any help appreciated. The nav bar sucks balls.
    I used hex and was able to hide the navigation bar in S21ultra running android 11

Enable 3 button nav bar
    Install and apply hex with nav bar size of 0
    Reboot.

Edit : rooting is not needed.
    What's this 'hex'? Is it something devices other than from Samsung can use?

It is meant for Samsung devices.
    As the creator of the Fullscreen/Immersive gestures module, I'll just say, thanks for offering users the ability to use their favorite alternative navigation methods on Android 11

It's really unfortunate that people have to be either forced to use Android's standard navigation gestures (which quite a few people dislike) or an impossible to be hidden 3 button navbar (due to the removal of Overscan)

Keep up the good work :)
    I would appreciate if there is the way to completely
    hide status bar in android 11 with "no display cutout magisk module".