• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How To Guide How to Remove Navigation Bar on Non Rooted Pixel 6/Pro (works!)

Search This thread

petzku

Jul 23, 2009
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 6
(disclaimer)
I take no responsibility on what following this guide does to your phone.

EDIT:
So, I found this guide online, tested it out and it works.

Quick note on the guide. You'll want to add the "navigation_bar_height_landscape" = 0 in step 11. so it removes the navigation bar in landscape mode too.

Last edited:

kingkong02

Dec 16, 2018
(disclaimer)

EDIT:

Quick note on the guide. You'll want to add the "navigation_bar_height_landscape" = 0 in step 11. so it removes the navigation bar in landscape mode too.

Hi thx. I do not know how can I launch the overlay.

petzku

Jul 23, 2009
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 6
Hi thx. I do not know how can I launch the overlay.
1st. you have to have the lastest Android SDK Platform Tools and enable usb debugging on your phone. (head over to Settings > System > Tap on Build Number 7 Times > Go back to Settings > System > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging.)

2nd. install the Shizuku App from Play Store, open it and leave it open.

3rd. Now connect your device to the PC via USB cable. Then head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This shall launch the Command Prompt.

4th. Now type in the below command in the CMD window to launch the Shizuku App:
adb shell sh /sdcard/Android/data/moe.shizuku.privileged.api/start.sh
You should now see the Shizuku is running message and we are now good to go ahead.

5th. download and install the Fabricate Overlay app on your device from GitHub.

6th Launch the app and tap on the Add overlay button situated at the bottom.
After that, select Android System from the list and tap on Add.
Then type in navigation in the search bar and scroll to the Dimen.
Now select the navigation_bar_frame_height, input 0 in the Value field and tap Apply.
Then select the navigation_bar_height, type in 0 in the Value field and tap Apply.
Then select the navigation_bar_height_landscape, type 0 in the Value field and tap Apply.

7th. Now hit the Save button, give this overlay a name, and hit Save.
Finally, checkmark this overlay to activate it.

kingkong02

Dec 16, 2018
It's fantastic Thank You very much! Works! Finally I can use the FNG. :) I only found the source codes that was my problem.

Reactions: petzku

Stupifier

Jun 8, 2010
This same tool can be used to do all sorts of mods.....I changed my Quick Settings Panel Columns Count from the standard 2 to 4.

Stupifier

Jun 8, 2010
This is good news to my ears. Can you share a screen shot of your quick settings please?

Screenshot_20211205-140213.png

I still prefer for the older Android OS quick settings tiles...but this is a compromise. The new OS Notification Panel has a ton of wasted space and bloated buttons.

I almost want to remove the quick settings panel altogether....and I probably could replace it with the Tasker AutoNotification Panel I've already made just below it. More versatile, more compact.

sada23

Nov 30, 2010
Sunnyvale, CA
View attachment 5475443
I still prefer for the older Android OS quick settings tiles...but this is a compromise. The new OS Notification Panel has a ton of wasted space and bloated buttons.

I almost want to remove the quick settings panel altogether....and I probably could replace it with the Tasker AutoNotification Panel I've already made just below it. More versatile, more compact.
Thanks a lot.
Agree, a lot space is wasted.

JagerPL

Dec 7, 2021
Google Pixel XL
Huawei P20
(disclaimer)

EDIT:

Thx for sharing the tutorial, it has been quite useful.

Reactions: petzku

Top Liked Posts