How to Remove/Replace Kingroot (KingUser) with SuperSu

Search This thread
If you was one of those who root their devices by using KingRoot App and would like to remove kinguser and related files, you can replace it with the well known SuperSU.
Here's a small script to remove Chinese kingruser, all related files and folders, and install SuperSU.
This script will do all the work for you without using PC, just by terminal, first of all, thanks to chainfire for his SuperSU files.

Before starting :
Download and install Terminal emulator appTerminal emulator app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jackpal.androidterm&hl=en

Download and unzip "Replace_Kingroot_With_SuperSU.zip
http://tiny.cc/fo78zx

Steps :
Send the extracted folder "mrw" to the internal storage of your device and make sure that this folder contains 4 files

Open Terminal emulator and type :
"Su" (without "")

Allow root permission
Type :
" sh /sdcard/mrw/root.sh" (without "" , notice there's space between sh /sdcard.)
It might display some error, but wait for 30-40 seconds and at the end it will launch supersu or open supersu manually.
Update su binary normal, then reboot.
Done !

Jsmor1313

Sep 17, 2015
Austin
I ran the script and it went thru to installing Super Su but I lost root and couldn't update binaries. I redownloaded King Root and opened it and I instantly had root back. Are there other files that King Root has installed that don't allow this script to work. If you have any insight it wouldbe appreciated. I know I am on a different phone but script seems to work up to a point. ZTE Z820 Android 5.1 Thanks

Jan 14, 2014
I can confirm this method works on Lenovo Vibe X2 running Android 5.0. New Kingroot 4.5, the one with crown icon, successfully replaced by SuperSU while root status remain intact. A process crashed upon Kingroot removal, however restart seemed to get rid of the problem.

Jsmor1313

Sep 17, 2015
Austin
I can confirm this method works on Lenovo Vibe X2 running Android 5.0. New Kingroot 4.5, the one with crown icon, successfully replaced by SuperSU while root status remain intact. A process crashed upon Kingroot removal, however restart seemed to get rid of the problem.
May I ask did you have busybox already downloaded and installed? I see that the zip contains busybox as one of the actions of the script. Maybe that's why it didn't work for me?? :confused: Also I have Kingroot 4.9.2 and I'm thinking that is the main reason the script fails for me.:(

Reactions: coolbeans2016

halnovemila

Sep 18, 2014
www.controsensi.it
May I ask did you have busybox already downloaded and installed? I see that the zip contains busybox as one of the actions of the script. Maybe that's why it didn't work for me?? :confused: Also I have Kingroot 4.9.2 and I'm thinking that is the main reason the script fails for me.:(
I had KingRoot v.4.85, on a KitKat 4.4.
The script didn't work, so I plug the phone and connected to the computer, opened a console, executed the adb shell command and start to give each of the script commands manually one by one.
The failure was at pm uninstall com.kingroot.kinguser (com.kingroot.RushRoot wasn't installed anyway).
The packet manager wasn't able to uninstall Kingroot. I had to uninstall manually using the phone
Code:
H:\Development\adt-bundle-windows-x86-20140702\sdk\platform-tools>adb shell
[email protected]_z10:/ $ su
[email protected]_z10:/ # mount -o rw,remount /system
[email protected]_z10:/ # am kill com.kingroot.RushRoot
[email protected]_z10:/ # pm uninstall com.kingroot.RushRoot
Failure
[email protected]_z10:/ # am kill com.kingroot.kinguser
[email protected]_z10:/ # pm uninstall com.kingroot.kinguser
Failure

In the end the replacement was successful :)

fabp

Jun 1, 2016
details of manual uninstall

The script didn't work, so I plug the phone and connected to the computer, opened a console, executed the adb shell command and start to give each of the script commands manually one by one.
The failure was at pm uninstall com.kingroot.kinguser (com.kingroot.RushRoot wasn't installed anyway).
The packet manager wasn't able to uninstall Kingroot. I had to uninstall manually using the phone
Code:
Failure
Failure

I have rooted my phone (Android 5.1) with kingroot 4.8.0, I also want to remove KingRoot and replace it with supersu.
I plan to execute the script line by line via an ssh session as root on my phone.
finally how have you uninstalled Kingroot manually ?

halnovemila

Sep 18, 2014
www.controsensi.it
I have rooted my phone (Android 5.1) with kingroot 4.8.0, I also want to remove KingRoot and replace it with supersu.
I plan to execute the script line by line via an ssh session as root on my phone.
finally how have you uninstalled Kingroot manually ?

I modified the script in this way:
After
Code:
pm uninstall com.kingroot.kinguser
I've added
Code:
am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.buak.Link2SD/.Link2SD
echo "Press any key to continue"
read typedkeys

The first of the three added rows launches Link2SD app (that I've installed on my phone since I rooted it); the last line pause the script execution.
I used Link2SD to uninstall Kingroot.

Anyway I have to say that, even though the installation of SuperSU seems completed without errors, the apps that asks for root permissions didn't receive the answer from SuperSU and they aren't granted root permission, so... it still doesn't work.

hafezs

Aug 29, 2011
it did not work, superSU can not update binary and can not uninstall the other root app (kingroot)

Jul 18, 2016
Patna
guys,I am telling you a working method which worked for me..

but you are going to need some version specific apps for first time..
things you need...

1. clean MICROMAX a311
2. kingoroot KingRootSetup_v3.2.0.1129 (i can upload it if you want)
3. Supersume.apk {MUST BE VERSION 6.4} (application used to change from kingroot to supersu)

note -- Pay attention to versions,messing with them will not allow you to achieve target.

steps..
1. install kingrootsetup on pc(must have internet connection to work)
2. connect ur phone with ADB enabled from developers option
3. root ur phone by following on screen instructions...
4. after rooting,install supersume on phone
5.open the app,click on big blue button and wait...

done,replaced kingroot with supersu..

Reactions: gilaxone

2010radams

Jan 29, 2013
Workington, Cumbria
guys,I am telling you a working method which worked for me..

but you are going to need some version specific apps for first time..
things you need...

1. clean MICROMAX a311
2. kingoroot KingRootSetup_v3.2.0.1129 (i can upload it if you want)
3. Supersume.apk {MUST BE VERSION 6.4} (application used to change from kingroot to supersu)

note -- Pay attention to versions,messing with them will not allow you to achieve target.

steps..
1. install kingrootsetup on pc(must have internet connection to work)
2. connect ur phone with ADB enabled from developers option
3. root ur phone by following on screen instructions...
4. after rooting,install supersume on phone
5.open the app,click on big blue button and wait...

done,replaced kingroot with supersu..

Hello can someone give me a link to supersume 6.4apk please
Thanks

Subray

Dec 2, 2014
Braga
sure....it will be my pleasure..BTW it can be used on ANY phone to replace kinguser with supersu..:cowboy:

ok !

download from attachment and install,then get rid of kinguser...:good:

Just used this solution on a Vodafone Tab speed 6 (VF-1397).

Seemed to work fine but after updating superSU and rebooting the Tablet, screen went black when boot reached unlock screen and couldn't see or do anything except using the power button options.
After some reboots (lost count, ~5/6, and failed atemps to enter recovery), (and the removal of the sim card) the tablet finaly started to optimize all my apps as if the dalvik cache had been wiped.
Afterwards screen went black again and couldn't do anything again.

After some time was finaly able to enter recovery and i'am now trying to format everything.

Jul 18, 2016
Patna
Just used this solution on a Vodafone Tab speed 6 (VF-1397).

Seemed to work fine but after updating superSU and rebooting the Tablet, screen went black when boot reached unlock screen and couldn't see or do anything except using the power button options.
After some reboots (lost count, ~5/6, and failed atemps to enter recovery), (and the removal of the sim card) the tablet finaly started to optimize all my apps as if the dalvik cache had been wiped.
Afterwards screen went black again and couldn't do anything again.

After some time was finaly able to enter recovery and i'am now trying to format everything.

Sorry to hear that...:(
can you tell how you were UPDATING supersu ??
i also updated from 2.4.5 to 2.6.5 without any problems...
were you using genuine zip of supersu meant for your device ??
or just regular zip ??
don't you have backup of your tab....you were rooted..
1st thing you were to do was to make a full backup...why didn't you did that ??

Last edited:

NaturalBornCamper

Jan 18, 2013
Bangkok
naturalborncamper.com
Script didn't work for me, tons of errors because the path wasn't right. Fixed it to have exactly the same but still plenty of errors and SU binary would not update.
That supersume.apk thing though... MAGIC!!
Thanks heaps!!!

Art 7Z

Nov 18, 2015
Device reboots

Any idea why the device reboots when I press enter at the last command? I did everything correctly, step by step like you describe it but instead of replacing the KingRoot with SuperSu the device reboots and the KingRoot is still there.
The device is Sony Xperia SP (C5303)

Any help would be great cause I used the exact same method some time ago in my tablet (Lenovo A8) and it worked perfectly. But not in the Xperia and I don't know if I should fully unroot it and try a different method or what.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you was one of those who root their devices by using KingRoot App and would like to remove kinguser and related files, you can replace it with the well known SuperSU.
    Here's a small script to remove Chinese kingruser, all related files and folders, and install SuperSU.
    This script will do all the work for you without using PC, just by terminal, first of all, thanks to chainfire for his SuperSU files.

Before starting :
    Download and install Terminal emulator appTerminal emulator app
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jackpal.androidterm&hl=en

Download and unzip "Replace_Kingroot_With_SuperSU.zip
    http://tiny.cc/fo78zx

Steps :
    Send the extracted folder "mrw" to the internal storage of your device and make sure that this folder contains 4 files

Open Terminal emulator and type :
    "Su" (without "")

Allow root permission
    Type :
    " sh /sdcard/mrw/root.sh" (without "" , notice there's space between sh /sdcard.)
    It might display some error, but wait for 30-40 seconds and at the end it will launch supersu or open supersu manually.
    Update su binary normal, then reboot.
    Done !
    Code:
    Failure
    Failure

I found diff way to replace kingroot with supersu
    Just root phone with kingroot
    Install twrp recovery
    Uninstall kingroot from app itself (unroot)
    Reboot to recovery twrp
    Install supersu.zip
    Hello can someone give me a link to supersume 6.4apk please
    Thanks

sure....it will be my pleasure.:cowboy:

ok !

download from attachment and install,then get rid of kinguser...:good: