How to remove the bottom white bar light thing?

Search This thread

robamacaf

Mar 19, 2012
I'm just coming over from a samsung s20 ultra and I'm loving the pixel. But how the heck do I get rid of that light thing at the bottom? I'm even using a custom launcher. Please look at screenshot. For me it serves no purpose and I don't want screen burn in or anything because of it

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    213.8 KB · Views: 2,207

robamacaf

Mar 19, 2012
You can make some changes in the settings. System/Gestures -
I changed it to the 3 button nav. I am old school... [emoji3179]

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks for that. I didn't know that was a part of the gestures. I love the gestures but wish that stupid bar could be made invisible

ManicMondays

Mar 8, 2020
I hate it too but it seems like Google is just trying to copy Apple here as all the gesture based iPhones have it.

jimv1983

Feb 28, 2011
Benicia, CA
That's the area that triggers the gesture navigation. I think it's already too small as it is. Without it you'd have the system gesture area interfering with app space.

ManicMondays

Mar 8, 2020
That's the area that triggers the gesture navigation. I think it's already too small as it is. Without it you'd have the system gesture area interfering with app space.

That would make sense but I'm able to do the gestures outside of the area as long as it starts on the bottom of the screen perfectly fine. :confused:

jimv1983

Feb 28, 2011
Benicia, CA
That would make sense but I'm able to do the gestures outside of the area as long as it starts on the bottom of the screen perfectly fine. :confused:

I know but some apps also have swipes right near the same area. I already have many instances where I have the wrong thing happen. I think getting rid of the gesture area would make that even worse.

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Thanks for that. I didn't know that was a part of the gestures. I love the gestures but wish that stupid bar could be made invisible

Try flashing this. Hopefully it won't make your camera lag, lol!

Edit: you don't get rid of the gestures area, just the icon...

Screenshot_20201030-193529.jpg

Attachments

• Magisk_Module_Vrthemer.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 77
Last edited:

MrBelter

Apr 10, 2011
The white bar can be simply turned off on the Oneplus 7t and it makes absolutely no difference to how the gestures work, why on earth Google want it there is beyond me, it does absolutely nowt. I have sent feedback from the phone to google asking them to make it switchable, maybe if enough people do that they will act, however this is Google we're taking about and as far as i am concerned the feedback option simply sends your feedback in to an infinitely deep bin where they can just ignore it.

Reactions: redsmith

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Thank you[emoji106]

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 4 XL mit Tapatalk

One thing. If you already had a systemui mod installed, this module won't take effect until you delete the previous module. Being that this is a vrthemer and isn't replacing the whole SystemUI, it should now contain the previous mod (if you had one installed) also.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The white bar can be simply turned off on the Oneplus 7t and it makes absolutely no difference to how the gestures work, why on earth Google want it there is beyond me, it does absolutely nowt. I have sent feedback from the phone to google asking them to make it switchable, maybe if enough people do that they will act, however this is Google we're taking about and as far as i am concerned the feedback option simply sends your feedback in to an infinitely deep bin where they can just ignore it.