• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question How to reset battery settings imported from an Android One device?

Search This thread

monoidal

Jun 21, 2021
During the MIUI first-boot setup process, I chose to import settings via Google from a previous Android One Mi A2 lite. It seems some settings were imported which are now still active but I cannot seem to change or reset via the MIUI interface:

* Battery saver mode - turns on when battery falls below X%, enforces dark mode and no vibrations etc

* 'Bedtime' red tint - turns on/off at the time set on the old phone, but I can't modify this via the MIUI settings

Is the MIUI implementation of these features separate from the underlying Android, or why is this happening?
More importantly, is there a way to reset these settings?

monoidal

Jun 21, 2021
I managed to access the Android battery saver settings (which are indeed at least partly separate from the MIUI ones) via Google Assistant and the command "show battery settings". This opens a rudimentary UI which allows one to change the imported settings.

Not sure how to do the same for the night shift mode yet.