Question How to restore a Google backup on Mi 11 Chinese version?

Search This thread

leoking3

Nov 15, 2005
Bucuresti
Hey guys...so..the question from the title. After I setup my Chinese version phone, is there any way to get my previous Google backup on it? Thanks!

Last edited:

Pho3nX

Jun 13, 2013
Nothing Phone 1
Not if you are on a Chinese version ROM (because there not GMS, GooglePlay Services)
What is your ROM version V12.x.x.0.RKB??XM" ? Depending of the two letters (??) you will know.
If you have the old device, make a manual backup (always make both, manual / cloud)

Backup from from your old device
- Copy/Past Folders root : DCIM / Documents / Downloads / Pictures & all personnal folders (like WhatsApp, Signal, Facebook)
- Make a full SMS Backup & Restore local for backup your Call log & SMS/MMS
- Make a backup of your socail apps (WhatsApp, Signal, etc...)
- Verify if your contacts are synced in your Google Account instead in Phone memory or SIM, if not Export à contacts on your Google account

After that, if you want switch your ROM to a Global International (with GooglePlay Services) you will before Unlock your Bootloader (and waiting 168 hours, and unlock erase all your data), flash in Fastboot mode the full Fastboot ROM (if it's a Mi 11 phone !) :
venus_global_images_V12.5.5.0.RKBMIXM_20210624.0000.00_11.0_global_2c40cce7ea.tgz
Extract *tgz with an archiver like 7Zip or WinRAR and extract *.tar for have all the entire extracted ROM

In MiFlash, select extracted folder, and flash... Wait ~8/10 minutes, don't touch / unplug your phone during process.

Tadaaaa :)

leoking3

Nov 15, 2005
Bucuresti
Not if you are on a Chinese version ROM (because there not GMS, GooglePlay Services)
What is your ROM version V12.x.x.0.RKB??XM" ? Depending of the two letters (??) you will know.
If you have the old device, make a manual backup (always make both, manual / cloud)

- Copy/Past Folders root : DCIM / Documents / Downloads / Pictures & all personnal folders (like WhatsApp, Signal, Facebook)
- Verify if your contacts are synced in your Google Account instead in Phone memory or SIM, if not Export à contacts on your Google account

After that, if you want switch your ROM to a Global International (with GooglePlay Services) you will before Unlock your Bootloader (and waiting 168 hours, and unlock erase all your data), flash in Fastboot mode the full Fastboot ROM (if it's a Mi 11 phone !) :
venus_global_images_V12.5.5.0.RKBMIXM_20210624.0000.00_11.0_global_2c40cce7ea.tgz
Extract *tgz with an archiver like 7Zip or WinRAR and extract *.tar for have all the entire extracted ROM

In MiFlash, select extracted folder, and flash... Wait ~8/10 minutes, don't touch / unplug your phone during process.

:)))) Tadaaa indeed. Thank you very much for your detailed response.

Reactions: Pho3nX

leoking3

Nov 15, 2005
Bucuresti

Hey man, since you seem to know whats the deal with all these...maybe you can help me with two more answers.
1. The phone is a Mi11 Pro; the only ROMs on xiaomi.eu are ZIP files., and not Fastboot. How do I install those, cause noone explains that, only the fastboot method.
2. if I applied for Bootloader unlocking via the xiaomi official app, how do I know when the 168 hours are over? Do I get some kind of notification? And after that, do I just connect again to the xiaomi unlocking app and it works?

Thank you very much!

Pho3nX

Jun 13, 2013
Nothing Phone 1
Hey man, since you seem to know whats the deal with all these...maybe you can help me with two more answers.
1. The phone is a Mi11 Pro; the only ROMs on xiaomi.eu are ZIP files., and not Fastboot. How do I install those, cause noone explains that, only the fastboot method.
2. if I applied for Bootloader unlocking via the xiaomi official app, how do I know when the 168 hours are over? Do I get some kind of notification? And after that, do I just connect again to the xiaomi unlocking app and it works?

Thank you very much!

So :

If you have a Mi 11 Pro, be careful, my previous link is not for your model !

1/ If you want flash Xiaomi.eu ROM, there no problem, just flash is by custom recovery (TWRP), not Fastboot (Xiaomi.eu has discontinued Fastboot ROMS until TWRP is available from May 2021). The Mi 11 Pro ROM is the same Mi 11 Ultra ROM.
You have a good Tutorial here : [ROM][MIUI][venus] Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI 11

If you want Root, apply Root on the fly after update, ask me ;)

2/ When you apply asking for Unlocking Bootloader, you want wait 168 hours exactly. If you retry before the 168 hours remaing, waiting time is resetted ! lol
You don't have notification, just redo the same thing the same day, the same hours in a week, i advise to wait 1 or 2 hours more for be sure.
When 168 hours are passed, you will redo the Unlock and it will be granted.

BE CAREFUL, YOU MUST HAVE BACKUP BEFORE UNLOCK BECAUSE UNLOCK ERASE ALL DATA & THERE ANY WARNING / NOTIFICATION FOR THAT.

leoking3

Nov 15, 2005
Bucuresti
So :

1/ If you want flash Xiaomi.eu ROM, there no problem, just flash is by custom recovery (TWRP), not Fastboot (Xiaomi.eu has discontinued Fastboot ROMS until TWRP is available from May 2021). The Mi 11 Pro ROM is the same Mi 11 Ultra ROM.
You have a good Tutorial here : [ROM][MIUI][venus] Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI 11

2/ When you apply asking for Unlocking Bootloader, you want wait 168 hours exactly. If you retry before the 168 hours remaing, waiting time is resetted ! lol
You don't have notification, just redo the same thing the same day, the same hours in a week, i advise to wait 1 or 2 hours more for be sure.

BE CAREFUL, YOU MUST HAVE BACKUP BEFORE UNLOCK BECAUSE UNLOCK ERASE ALL DATA & THERE ANY WARNING / NOTIFICATION FOR THAT.
Wow thank you for everything. So I have few more days to think about it. I am not sure it is worth doing it though, because I dont see any issues with the Chinese ROM so far...except for the google assistant, wich cannot be started. So...I have to decide if I will do it after all. Thanks so much again, I ll ask :):) if I dont manage to do it.

Reactions: Pho3nX

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

:)))) Tadaaa indeed. Thank you very much for your detailed response.
    So :

Wow thank you for everything. So I have few more days to think about it. I am not sure it is worth doing it though, because I dont see any issues with the Chinese ROM so far...except for the google assistant, wich cannot be started. So...I have to decide if I will do it after all. Thanks so much again, I ll ask :):) if I dont manage to do it.