How to restore and fix "Cust Fail"

Search This thread

zziiad

Jul 15, 2014
just download the zip, extract it and copy to your sd card (you need to have /dload/update.app and /dload/update_cust.app to the root of your sdcard)
shut down your phone.

start it with the 3 buttons (vol + / vol - / power) to start the update process.

You need to be on a 4.4 firmware and to have a MT-L09 model, if you are in 5.1 you need to do a "clean downgrade" before flash it.
can you give me UPDATE_CUST.app link for mate 7 tl-10

zziiad

Jul 15, 2014
A spanish user (Suros) of HTC-Mania have the CUST.APP for Huawei Mate 7 MT-L09, (he has send his phone to repair, and apparently some tech forgot to remove his sdcard with the B137SP03+Cust update).

You can find the download link in MEGA.

I can't test it right now, because my phone is actually in a repair center, but some user report working good.

please i need cust.app for mt-10 ? :(

ahhl

Jul 23, 2007
please i need cust.app for mt-10 ? :(
the other day when i send for my lt-10 for motherboard replacement, the service center somehow flash my lt-10 using lt-09 rom and it works..!! minus dual sim. the memory still showing lt-10 memory (3/32) not lt-09 (2/16).

miyavi1216

Nov 2, 2010
Please teach me, "custom.bin" file permission.
I tried put "custom.bin" to /data, but boot loop :(
Because I don't know permission setting for this file.
(TWRP > File Manager > custom.bin deleted, recovery my phone)

I think "custom.bin" file causing the definitely "cust failed" when factory reset.
Because,If this file exist,Network Info> Country / Vendor is displayed in "*#*#2846579#*#*".
But, if not exist, isn't display.

Definitely this file check vendor your phone, when initialize.

pashalili

May 14, 2016
Please teach me, "custom.bin" file permission.
I tried put "custom.bin" to /data, but boot loop :(
Because I don't know permission setting for this file.
(TWRP > File Manager > custom.bin deleted, recovery my phone)

I think "custom.bin" file causing the definitely "cust failed" when factory reset.
Because,If this file exist,Network Info> Country / Vendor is displayed in "*#*#2846579#*#*".
But, if not exist, isn't display.

Definitely this file check vendor your phone, when initialize.

Thanks for your note, I am suffering from info not exist, and no wifi no bluetooth.
I am Vodafone mt7--l09, just wanna to find out where is the backup file for factory reset.

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

Many people are having problems with this when you do a Factory Wipe or flash a new rom, after you flash or wipe it will come up with "fail" or "cust fail".

It all comes down to a partition called "/cust"

this dictates what software to install and what theme to use for the "ZONE" of your phone.
I.E my phone is/was a Vodafone AU phone (sim unlocked now).

Now, when you do a recovery/wipe data it looks for information in the /cust partition regarding your phone.
If it's not there then "Cust fail" will appear when you do a wipe.
This has been happening to me for quite some time now, I've tried all types of roms...... but failed every time until now.

This is what I did. (This may only work with my phone but it will give many many many people that information to rectify this problem)

1, unlock your bootloader (you should know how to do this already)
2, flash custom recovery in fastboot mode (again, know how to do this)
3, reboot into recovery and install SuperSU
4, Reboot, and install RootExplorer
5, in RootExplorer mount as R/W then head over to /cust using RootExplorer
6, make a directory in /cust as /cust/vha <----- This was important as vha is Vodafone Hutchinson Australia on my phone
7, copy /cust/hw/au to /cust/vha this will give me /cust/vha/au
8, reboot back into fastboot mode and flash original recovery
9, reboot into recovery and do a wipe...... NO MORE CUST FAIL!!!!!!
10, reboot!!!!! all done..... my god it's taken me weeks to figure this out.

Hope this help.

:cool::laugh::good:

Hi I have the same porblem, but where can I found the au folder, could you please send me a copy, thanks.
Regards,

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Many people are having problems with this when you do a Factory Wipe or flash a new rom, after you flash or wipe it will come up with "fail" or "cust fail".

It all comes down to a partition called "/cust"

this dictates what software to install and what theme to use for the "ZONE" of your phone.
    I.E my phone is/was a Vodafone AU phone (sim unlocked now).

Now, when you do a recovery/wipe data it looks for information in the /cust partition regarding your phone.
    If it's not there then "Cust fail" will appear when you do a wipe.
    This has been happening to me for quite some time now, I've tried all types of roms...... but failed every time until now.

This is what I did. (This may only work with my phone but it will give many many many people that information to rectify this problem)

1, unlock your bootloader (you should know how to do this already)
    2, flash custom recovery in fastboot mode (again, know how to do this)
    3, reboot into recovery and install SuperSU
    4, Reboot, and install RootExplorer
    5, in RootExplorer mount as R/W then head over to /cust using RootExplorer
    6, make a directory in /cust as /cust/vha <----- This was important as vha is Vodafone Hutchinson Australia on my phone
    7, copy /cust/hw/au to /cust/vha this will give me /cust/vha/au
    8, reboot back into fastboot mode and flash original recovery
    9, reboot into recovery and do a wipe...... NO MORE CUST FAIL!!!!!!
    10, reboot!!!!! all done..... my god it's taken me weeks to figure this out.

Hope this help.

:cool::laugh::good:
    Cust fail fix

I managed to avoid cust fail by following the tutorial from this link:
    http://xdaforums.com/ascend-p7/general/ascend-p7-b602-emui-3-0-international-t2972854

It is for P7, so use steps 3 - up:
    3- you must be ROOT
    4- have a Root Explorer app
    5-go to the folder "data" and see the contents of custom.bin
    6. You must remember the contents of this file.
    7-Depending on the file custom.bin say, is as it should rename folders CUST.
    8-For example if it says "hw/naf", that means that inside the folder "CUST" the folder must exist "hw" and within it another folder "naf".
    9. Go to the root folder, using the Root Explorer
    10. Go to the folder Cust
    11. Rename *the folders according to the content of step 5
    12. ( optional ) Perform Factory Reset