How to restore my phone

Search This thread
May 12, 2017
Hi everyone, hope you're all good. One day my phone has restarted and stuck on boot logo. I can't access to recovery mode, I've tried to flash an official firmware, but when the phone restarts, it stucks again on boot logo. I've tried to flash twrp, but it fails because of "oem lock".
I would like you to help me, please.
😊 🙏

Attachments

• 20210204_094944.jpg
    20210204_094944.jpg
    878.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 20210204_094842.jpg
    20210204_094842.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 21

It_ler

Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S10
Hi everyone, hope you're all good. One day my phone has restarted and stuck on boot logo. I can't access to recovery mode, I've tried to flash an official firmware, but when the phone restarts, it stucks again on boot logo. I've tried to flash twrp, but it fails because of "oem lock".
I would like you to help me, please.
😊 🙏
Have you changed partitions? If not, flashing of stock firmware should work. Is the firmware for your exact device model and region? As long as oem lock is enabled, do not try to flash a custom recovery.

May 12, 2017
Have you changed partitions? If not, flashing of stock firmware should work. Is the firmware for your exact device model and region? As long as oem lock is enabled, do not try to flash a custom recovery.
No, I haven't changed the partition. But, I don't know how to select the good firmware, I'm in Africa. I have just picked one, and tried to install, it passed but when the phone restarts it still stuck on the boot logo.

It_ler

Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S10
No, I haven't changed the partition. But, I don't know how to select the good firmware, I'm in Africa. I have just picked one, and tried to install, it passed but when the phone restarts it still stuck on the boot logo.
The firmware should be for the SM-A515F ... and maybe african region?!
If the phone was used in a different region before, you may need to do a factory reset (wipe data).
As long as you can enter download mode and Odin on your PC recognizes the device, there is hope to get it up and running again.

May 12, 2017
The firmware should be for the SM-A515F ... and maybe african region?!
If the phone was used in a different region before, you may need to do a factory reset (wipe data).
As long as you can enter download mode and Odin on your PC recognizes the device, there is hope to get it up and running again.
I already tried to get into recovery mode, with all the methods seen online, but it can't get into it

It_ler

Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S10
Reactions: jcl972

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android