How to restore Verizon Galaxy Nexus to full stock?

Search This thread

jonnythan

Oct 27, 2008
I did a search and couldn't find anything very useful.

My GNex is going a bit nuts and the ear speaker no long works. I want to flash back to 100% stock including recovery before bringing it into the Verizon store.

How do I do that?

Thanks.

DeaconBoogie

Aug 20, 2010
Omaha, NE
I did a search and couldn't find anything very useful.

My GNex is going a bit nuts and the ear speaker no long works. I want to flash back to 100% stock including recovery before bringing it into the Verizon store.

How do I do that?

Thanks.

Brother, my wife's GNex was doing something similar the other night. Ear speaker not working, Music app would not activate the external speaker, no system sounds...

I reflashed a stock ROM and a different AOSP ROM and that did not solve it.

The problem seemed to fix itself overnight... Now the haptics are doing the same thing. They were working last night but not this morning.

This phone has been a damn albatross for her... :(

jonnythan

Oct 27, 2008
Oh wow. I had the toolkit. Never occurred to me that it might unroot.

That was pretty easy. Thanks for the suggestions.

Reactions: meh8036

meh8036

Jul 13, 2010
my micro usb port isn't working on my nexus... is there an image that i can load on my phone that would install factory and take away root? I can't get my computer to recognize my phone but i can load images on my phone through drop box... If not, do you know of a factory image that i could use that might get me by enough to fool a verizon clerk? The employees at my verizon usually don't notice that my phones are rooted but it's been a while since i took a phone in and don't want to risk it if they happened to finally get some training...

Zepius

Mar 29, 2011
my micro usb port isn't working on my nexus... is there an image that i can load on my phone that would install factory and take away root? I can't get my computer to recognize my phone but i can load images on my phone through drop box... If not, do you know of a factory image that i could use that might get me by enough to fool a verizon clerk? The employees at my verizon usually don't notice that my phones are rooted but it's been a while since i took a phone in and don't want to risk it if they happened to finally get some training...

1) you bumped a year old thread.... stop it.

2) you need to use mobile odin if your micro usb port isnt working. use search, there are plenty of threads on this and how to solve your problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1) you bumped a year old thread.... stop it.

2) you need to use mobile odin if your micro usb port isnt working. use search, there are plenty of threads on this and how to solve your problem.
    Oh wow. I had the toolkit. Never occurred to me that it might unroot.

That was pretty easy. Thanks for the suggestions.