How To Guide [HOW TO] Restore WiFi and Cellular Data in Quick Settings (Root Required)

Search This thread

raimondas.rimkus

Aug 13, 2012
Hi. Did anyone manage to get this done on Android 13 DP 1? The instructions in OP doesn't seem to do anything.

Just tested in Emulator and it looks like they renamed/removed the settings_provider_model feature flag. But the tiles are still there as they appear for a short period of time, but are removed after a few seconds.

The documentation for this feature hasn't changed: https://source.android.com/devices/tech/connect/connectivity-ui

Probably will have to wait for final release and source code to be published to GIT to find what they actually changed and if there is a way to get them back.

On a related note: I'm less sad my Pixel 3a won't get Android 13 :)

Last edited:
Reactions: enyaj and gururoop

zalman1

Jun 20, 2021
לא מרוצה מהאריח החדש של הגדרות אינטרנט מהירות?
אתה יכול לשחזר את אריחי ה-WiFi וההגדרות המהירות הסלולריות הישנות על ידי הפעלת פקודת ה-adb הבאה (נדרשת שורש):

עריכה: נראה שהעדכון של נובמבר שבר את זה, עם זאת, קרדיט ל- raimondas-rimkus שמצא פתרון! פרסם כאן .

תחילה תזריק את ההגדרה הזו:
הגדרות מעטפת adb מציבות את הגדרות_ספק_הספק הגלובלי שקר

לאחר מכן הפעל את הפקודה הזו:
הגדרות מעטפת adb שמים את secure sysui_qs_tiles "wifi,cell,$(settings get secure sysui_qs_tiles)"

תהנה!
If I want to return to the initial state (the way the cell phone came in the first place), what should I do?

donschulti

Mar 19, 2019
Is there a way to do the same for dual sim? So that i can switch easily which sim is used for mobile data?

Alef_0

Nov 7, 2007
Padova
Unhappy with the new Internet Settings Quick Settings tile?
You can restore the old WiFi and Cellular Quick Settings tiles by running the following adb command (root required):

Edit: Seems the November update broke this, however, credit to raimondas-rimkus who has found a workaround! Post here.

Inject this setting first:
adb shell settings put global settings_provider_model false

Then run this command:
adb shell settings put secure sysui_qs_tiles "wifi,cell,$(settings get secure sysui_qs_tiles)"

Enjoy!
I tried just yesterday on my pixel 6 pro stock (no unlocked bootloader, no rooted) and enabling only usb debugging from ADB activated everything :)

TNX so much

I think I managed to bypass the "fix" that was introduced in November 5 update.

The code that removes the tiles: https://cs.android.com/android/plat...temui/qs/customize/TileQueryHelper.java;l=124

This checks for "settings_provider_model" feature flag in build.props. Overriding of these flags is allowed thru Developer Options -> Feature Flags. Sadly no feature flags are shown there as of now.

BUT, we can still inject this setting:

Now running the original adb command will work:
adb shell settings put secure sysui_qs_tiles "wifi,cell,$(settings get secure sysui_qs_tiles)"
This worked well for me as well on Pixel 4 XL running A12 descendant ROM!

4-16-2022 12-15-18 PM.jpg

I LOVE IT now, its back to normal now!! I HATE the single QoS tile all-in-one!!

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member

CSX321

Aug 21, 2009
Southern IL USA
Ah, with Android 13, it looks like it's not so much that it doesn't modify the setting, but that "wifi" and "cell" now point to the "internet" tile instead of the old tiles.

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Reactions: jcp2 and jericho246

Ztones

Aug 12, 2013
New York
I believe Google is doing this because of their Fi network. Its extremely selfish to push everyone into this, but Fi works by forcing people on WIFI as much as possible and this makes turning wifi off a pain in the ass. That's exactly what they wanted. Android 12 and 13 suck big time!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think I managed to bypass the "fix" that was introduced in November 5 update.

The code that removes the tiles: https://cs.android.com/android/plat...temui/qs/customize/TileQueryHelper.java;l=124

This checks for "settings_provider_model" feature flag in build.props. Overriding of these flags is allowed thru Developer Options -> Feature Flags. Sadly no feature flags are shown there as of now.

BUT, we can still inject this setting:

Now running the original adb command will work:
    Unhappy with the new Internet Settings Quick Settings tile?
    You can restore the old WiFi and Cellular Quick Settings tiles by running the following adb command (root required):

Edit: Seems the November update broke this, however, credit to raimondas-rimkus who has found a workaround! Post here.

Inject this setting first:

Then run this command:

Enjoy!
    You're welcome! Glad it's something easy. Me too (ADB/Fastboot used to work as is in PowerShell). I think Microsoft changed PowerShell enough over the last several years that made regular old commands require some extra characters typed before the commands to get them working.

Maybe it was a security enhancement to PowerShell so that if you're meaning to type a PowerShell command and there's an executable in the same folder by the same name as the PS command, then it's not accidentally running the executable instead, and makes you type extra characters since that's far less likely to be an accident.

There's also the wonderfully neat official Microsoft Terminal app in their store. You can have mix and match of Command Prompt and PowerShell in separate tabs in the same window. I think it has other features as well.
    In powershell:

./adb shell settings put global settings_provider_model false

./adb shell settings put secure sysui_qs_tiles "wifi,cell,$(settings get secure sysui_qs_tiles)"
    For anyone who will be digging into this, this is the change that removed the settings_provider_model flag usage: https://cs.android.com/android/_/an...;dlc=b51de66af26fe06de96bcf8f8b313e9873bf7d58

This is in android-13.0.0_r3 branch. And it doesn't look like there will be an easy way around this.
    Better Internet Tiles works for me on Android 13 Stable.
    Yeh, I'm not a fan of that new internet tile! Will be changing it via adb... Cheers