• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

How to revive a dead note 7?

Search This thread

Rickymax

Feb 13, 2011
I am one of those who suffer the continuous reboots, bootloops etc, and the other day was impossible to use the mobile with normality.
Decided to turn it off until Samsung's collect.
Problem, I have personal data within that I should like to save and today I decided to turn on the phone, and to my surprise it dont turning on.
I tried everything, power button, vol - and button, upload... nothing.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

zanderswigan

Sep 7, 2016
I am one of those who suffer the continuous reboots, bootloops etc, and the other day was impossible to use the mobile with normality.
Problem, I have personal data within that I should like to save and today I decided to turn on the phone, and to my surprise it dont turning on.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

Hi apologies for being the bearer of bad news but this problem just cannot be fixed. I've had the same problem for the past 10 days. Constant bootloops follow by an eventual brick. DM verity error. I used Odin to try to reflash the firmware and .managed to get it to the install screen on the phone. The install died at 32%, that failed effortt got it to a state where I was able to try and emergency firmware recovery via smart select and ended up installing to 100? on the pc but on the handset screen got stuck at 32? again. The phone went back into a bootloops and after the second boot the DM verity error was back. Please don't waste any time on this mate it cannot be fixed and you will get zero support from Samsung as they're only interested in sweeping this first batch of handsets under the rug. Hope you get your data back some of it may be backed up to the your Google account with any luck.

JazonX

Dec 16, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra

Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

Keep it connected to a Fast Charger (Under observation - of course) and let it switch on. At this point I'd say focus on deleting them rather than trying to recover them. When the device gets enough juice for a flash, Use odin and Flash TWRP. Then delete all partitions from TWRP through WIPE option, and then power down the unit and hand it over to Samsung.