How to rollback from Android 10 to 9?

Search This thread

koska92

Dec 23, 2014
Hello people,
I wish to know step by step how to rollback my devices to Android 9 official version.
1. I know that my bootloader need to be unlocked (is it possible on Android 10)?
2. How to install the official rom and where to find?
3. Would it work like the official with locked bootloader?

Please share your experience since and the way did you done it ??? since Android 10 on my Mi A2 lite have been working very bad even though I have erased all data and reset it.
Appreciate any information, have a good day (stay safe) ✌️

Reactions: czeck.page

Divolka

Jan 28, 2020
Hello people,
I wish to know step by step how to rollback my devices to Android 9 official version.
1. I know that my bootloader need to be unlocked (is it possible on Android 10)?

Please share your experience since and the way did you done it since Android 10 on my Mi A2 lite have been working very bad even though I have erased all data and reset it.
Appreciate any information, have a good day (stay safe)

1. Yes, all you have to do is unlock OEM in developer settings, then boot to fastboot by turning off your phone and pressing power and vol- buttons at the same time, then open up adb in cmd and write "fastboot oem unlock" (it will wipe your data, unless you're still holding vol- button)

2. You install it by simply downloading it and unpacking, then copying it's directory to adb and choosing which option would you like, I recommend flash_all.bat, full command should look similiar
D:\daisy\daisy_global_images_V11.0.7.0.QDLMIXM_10.0\flash_all.bat

You can get every single fastboot Image from here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-a2-lite/how-to/fastboot-xiaomi-mi-a2-fastboot-images-t3824871

3. Yes it will work like an official with locked bootloader, only diffirence is that it might not have apps like google play music, also with unlocked bootloader you will be able to use magisk and get for example
Google camera app

Here you can download ADB
https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools

Personally I didn't had a single problem with flashing Android One through fastboot, and personally I prefer that way since xiaomi flash tools need a phone that's in edl mode which later on you have to exit manually on your own (at least in my case, maybe others don't have this problem)

Last edited:
Reactions: Vestat

koska92

Dec 23, 2014
1. Yes, all you have to do is unlock OEM in developer settings, then boot to fastboot by turning off your phone and pressing power and vol- buttons at the same time, then open up adb in cmd and write "fastboot oem unlock" (it will wipe your data, unless you're still holding vol- button)

2. You install it by simply downloading it and unpacking, then copying it's directory to adb and choosing which option would you like, I recommend flash_all.bat, full command should look similiar

https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-a2-lite/how-to/fastboot-xiaomi-mi-a2-fastboot-images-t3824871

3. Yes it will work like an official with locked bootloader, only diffirence is that it might not have apps like google play music, also with unlocked bootloader you will be able to use magisk and get for example
Google camera app

Personally I didn't had a single problem with flashing Android One through fastboot, and personally I prefer that way since xiaomi flash tools need a phone that's in edl mode which later on you have to exit manually on your own (at least in my case, maybe others don't have this problem)

Thank you for your help I will try now to fix it up :)

koska92

Dec 23, 2014
UPDATE I would give you a guidance how I managed since I had an issue with miflash application (maybe I'm the only one :D )
If you are following my steps I'm NOT RESPONSIBLE for any damage that may occur during the process!!!

After a quite a while of time I managed to rollback to the Anroid 8.1.0 daisy ( here is the rom https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-a2-lite/how-to/fastboot-xiaomi-mi-a2-fastboot-images-t3824871 ) .
As for beggining I had a problem with most newest MIFLASH tools, since it shows an error as soon you load application and all about certain "log" folder missing from the downloaded files.

The way to solve this issue after testing a program on multiple systems ( Win 7 & Win 10), I've resolved it in following steps (working on Win 10) :
1. Download and install MiFlash20160830 from https://www.xiaomiflash.com/download/ ( Don't forget to install ADB and drivers on your PC otherwise won't work
2. Extract and install to system
3. Run the program and connect the phone while in fastboot mode ( shut down phone, wait 10 seconds and then press volume down & power button, should see "FASTBOOT" and android avatar ) and press refresh on right top corner (On the MiFlash on PC).
4. Go to the installation files (C:\XiaoMi\XiaoMiFlash <- in my case) and copy the log file
5. Then install the newest MiFlash ( from the website https://www.xiaomiflash.com/downloads/ ) and extract it
6. Paste the log folder into the directory of newest MiFlash and run Miflash
7. Carefully browse and select the extracted rom folder, than select the folder and select "clean all and lock" (in right bottom corner)
8. Power off phone and go into the fastboot mode ( volume down & power )
9. Connect phone to the computer via USB and click refresh on Miflash (should recognize you phone)
10. Click flash and let it do the work (Don't disconnect don't interrupt )
11. When is done disconnect the phone and hold power button until phone reboots and you phone is ready! Enjoy

Sorry for being so descriptive it may help the noobs like me :D:D:D

Hoshiiiii_

Jul 11, 2020
Hi I'm currently using Android 9 and thinking of upgrading to 10. May I ask the reason why you want to go back to Android 9 ? So I'll see if I should actually go to android 10 haha

joeyvix

Sep 1, 2016
UPDATE I would give you a guidance how I managed since I had an issue with miflash application (maybe I'm the only one :D )
If you are following my steps I'm NOT RESPONSIBLE for any damage that may occur during the process!!!

After a quite a while of time I managed to rollback to the Anroid 8.1.0 daisy ( here is the rom https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-a2-lite/how-to/fastboot-xiaomi-mi-a2-fastboot-images-t3824871 ) .
As for beggining I had a problem with most newest MIFLASH tools, since it shows an error as soon you load application and all about certain "log" folder missing from the downloaded files.

The way to solve this issue after testing a program on multiple systems ( Win 7 & Win 10), I've resolved it in following steps (working on Win 10) :
1. Download and install MiFlash20160830 from https://www.xiaomiflash.com/download/ ( Don't forget to install ADB and drivers on your PC otherwise won't work
3. Run the program and connect the phone while in fastboot mode ( shut down phone, wait 10 seconds and then press volume down & power button, should see "FASTBOOT" and android avatar ) and press refresh on right top corner (On the MiFlash on PC).
4. Go to the installation files (C:\XiaoMi\XiaoMiFlash <- in my case) and copy the log file
5. Then install the newest MiFlash ( from the website https://www.xiaomiflash.com/downloads/ ) and extract it
7. Carefully browse and select the extracted rom folder, than select the folder and select "clean all and lock" (in right bottom corner)
9. Connect phone to the computer via USB and click refresh on Miflash (should recognize you phone)
11. When is done disconnect the phone and hold power button until phone reboots and you phone is ready! Enjoy

Nice man!! I want to try it. Do you know if back to Android 8.1 can cause some security problems on Mi A2 Lite?
After the first update(8.1 to 9.0) a lots of problems comes. The first one: Call Recorders stop work!
Now I'm with the last Android 10 update, and my cell phone is a tash. I cant use it. Lot of bugs!

I need to change the android Version(back to 8.1), install a MIUI stock, or buy a new phone(I cant do it now!!). I think this is my first and my last Xiaomi Phone.

koska92

Dec 23, 2014
Nice man!! I want to try it. Do you know if back to Android 8.1 can cause some security problems on Mi A2 Lite?
After the first update(8.1 to 9.0) a lots of problems comes. The first one: Call Recorders stop work!
Now I'm with the last Android 10 update, and my cell phone is a tash. I cant use it. Lot of bugs!

I need to change the android Version(back to 8.1), install a MIUI stock, or buy a new phone(I cant do it now!!). I think this is my first and my last Xiaomi Phone.

When it comes to security, you would need to unlock bootloader ( which means that all of the warranty would be gone). On top of that you can install some custom roms that may have some potential malware so be careful.
Nevertheless when it comes to stock roms, I never had a problem when it comes to the security, it may show up some bugs from time to time, but otherwise should run as official version...

Well the phone is pretty much outdated so it's usual that some of them won't work properly.
Nevertheless in the past with Android One phones was more than smooth and buggless. Now we see that as soon as xiaomi start to release an update it seems like they don't want to invest time to pretest the phone on the new system. It seems like MIUI is their best option...

koska92

Dec 23, 2014
Hi I'm currently using Android 9 and thinking of upgrading to 10. May I ask the reason why you want to go back to Android 9 ? So I'll see if I should actually go to android 10 haha

Well the reason is simple. After each update my phone was much more slower and buggy. On the Android 10 the ram management was awful (as soon as you go out of the application, system close it). A lot of bugs, slow.
I've tried to connect customer service, they replied me to reset the phone and try again, but most of the problems are the same.
I won't suggest you to update.
Search out the form there was a subject about Android 10 on Mi a2 lite...

MAX-X

Oct 18, 2017

If you got an error saying log file error or something related to log then there is a simple solution. that is creating a folder named log inside the MIflash folder. like this

1614096532795.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello people,

Please share your experience since and the way did you done it ??? since Android 10 on my Mi A2 lite have been working very bad even though I have erased all data and reset it.
    Appreciate any information, have a good day (stay safe) ✌️
    Hello people,

Please share your experience since and the way did you done it since Android 10 on my Mi A2 lite have been working very bad even though I have erased all data and reset it.
    Appreciate any information, have a good day (stay safe)

Google camera app

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone