how to root .253 firmware?

Search This thread

paullu

Aug 26, 2007
usa
hi I just flash new firmware .253 (c6506)
now how to root .253 ?same way like .434?

sturmtruppler

Sep 10, 2012
If you want to keep drm and bravia backup TA partition before flashing that kernel. You can restore TA after that and get rooted 253 with bravia and drm.
At least that's what I read somewhere on.xda.... :D

butatx

Sep 22, 2009
Perak
Yes, I dont how doomlord do that. Here my story, I have flash .253 stock ftf and booted fine without root gain, then because of my hand itchy to try doomkernel, I flash the boot.img via flashtool (becoz stock kernel dont have recovery) then I enter recovery to ensure I successfully flash the boot.img file, upon rebooting it request to root ur phone.

But when I enter the recovery there are some error can not mount cache blablabla, I solve it by reflashing the stock. 253 xcluding kernel.

Sent from my C6502 using Tapatalk 2

nX3NTY

May 9, 2011
Shah Alam
thank you for reply
but I still confused the link u show me is for kernel
is that include root and recovery in the zip?
Yup, it includes both CMW recovery and root. The first time you put the boot.img using fastboot, during boot you need to enter recovery by pressing volume up button when DooMLoRD logo shows up, when you exit it will ask to root and just select yes. You should be rooted then :)

Reactions: paullu

Rodrigo Vilhena

Mar 20, 2008
Ribeirao Preto
If you want to keep drm and bravia backup TA partition before flashing that kernel. You can restore TA after that and get rooted 253 with bravia and drm.
At least that's what I read somewhere on.xda.... :D

How do I do that back up. I was running 253 rooted, but I losted drm and Bravia, so I moved back to 453.
I read something about that backup too, but did not said how to do that.
Do you know how?
Thanks a lot.

Ok. Founded how to backup TA.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2234627

Last edited:

paullu

Aug 26, 2007
usa
Yup, it includes both CMW recovery and root. The first time you put the boot.img using fastboot, during boot you need to enter recovery by pressing volume up button when DooMLoRD logo shows up, when you exit it will ask to root and just select yes. You should be rooted then :)

I try to enter flashBoot model
I press volume up and connect usb with pc
but phone led light just got red and gone then no green light or some other color appear(I think when u in flashboot model there should be green light).
I think there is something wrong with it I can't enter fastboot model:confused:

edit:done I rooted using doomlord kernel
strange is don't need supersu any more??

Last edited:

Rodrigo Vilhena

Mar 20, 2008
Ribeirao Preto
I try to enter flashBoot model
I press volume up and connect usb with pc
but phone led light just got red and gone then no green light or some other color appear(I think when u in flashboot model there should be green light).
I think there is something wrong with it I can't enter fastboot model:confused:

edit:done I rooted using doomlord kernel
strange is don't need supersu any more??

Did you unlocked your bootloader?

Rodrigo Vilhena

Mar 20, 2008
Ribeirao Preto

Have you backup the TA partition?
Because I was reading and the method I founded, you need to be rooted to backup, and on FW 253, need to unolck BL to root.
So I don't think will be possible to do the Backup.
Here in Brazil, we did not have the 253 released, but I'll use the MEA 253 released.
I backup my TA from 434, and I'm thinking to restore that bckup on 253, what do you think?
Thanks a lot.
Edit:
One more question, you received update OTA, or get it on XDA like me?
I'd like to know if rootkeeper works here.
Some one have tested that?
Thanks.

Last edited:

paullu

Aug 26, 2007
usa
Have you backup the TA partition?
Because I was reading and the method I founded, you need to be rooted to backup, and on FW 253, need to unolck BL to root.
So I don't think will be possible to do the Backup.
Here in Brazil, we did not have the 253 released, but I'll use the MEA 253 released.
I backup my TA from 434, and I'm thinking to restore that bckup on 253, what do you think?
Thanks a lot.
Edit:
One more question, you received update OTA, or get it on XDA like me?
I'd like to know if rootkeeper works here.
Some one have tested that?
Thanks.

I unlocked my BL first time when I got my phone c6506 usa version
I didn't backup my TA.and as I said I unlock bl so I can't get ota or via pc
I got .253 file from xda using flashtool .

ittina

May 9, 2013
Root the .434 using bin4ry's method and then download app called OTA Rootkeeper and do the OTA update. Should retain Root with no Issue and with the stock firmware.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ur bootloader lock or unlock? Can u flash doomkernel v7? It has root feature for .253.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

I have unloccked BL
    can u show me link?
    If u have unlocked ur bootloader just download kernel from this link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2230826 follow instruction as stated. Boot ur phone to recovery then select reboot, then it will request u to root.

Sent from my C6502 using Tapatalk 2
    thank you for reply
    but I still confused the link u show me is for kernel
    is that include root and recovery in the zip?