Search This thread

themathers

Jan 15, 2011
Bangkok
Reactions: chimstar

chinot66

Feb 8, 2010
Hi,

Is it possible to root Dell Streak 7 Running 3.2 Honeycomb (Official Rom)?

thanks
Connect the ds7 to usb debugging mode
Go to device manager add your own drivers and select Android Usb Device, then choose any drivers listed. I had HTC version 2.x, It still connected even if it listed as a HTC device.
Then finally run the SuperOneClickv2.2 by ShortFuse. You should have SU and busybox installed.

benjiebench

Apr 20, 2011
Connect the ds7 to usb debugging mode
Go to device manager add your own drivers and select Android Usb Device, then choose any drivers listed. I had HTC version 2.x, It still connected even if it listed as a HTC device.
Then finally run the SuperOneClickv2.2 by ShortFuse. You should have SU and busybox installed.

mine got stock on rooting device step 7 waiting for device...

---------- Post added at 05:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 AM ----------

Did you guy try this SuperUser7.zip? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1288348
The 4.xx recovery.img is no longer available so I tried 5.xx recovery.img from here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1334487

Let me know if you have any question, I just got my Streak 2 days ago, thought I couldn't root it and might have bricked it... but I got it all through :)
good luck guys

ok i did all this and do the fastboot ( Hold Power button+ Volume+ ) i took me the option with

0. Boot up

1. Factory reset etc etc. so how do i get to clockwork mod?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 05:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 AM ----------

Never mind i got it work thanks thanks

---------- Post added at 06:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 AM ----------

i did everything but i use the clockworkmod 5 XXX something and install the superuser7.zip the only icon i got is the superuser but this 3 is not in there how come?

SU binary 3.0
Bash 4.1
Busybox 1.19.2

thank you

smnc

Feb 17, 2011
Toronto
smnc.ca
The Superuser Binary, Bash and Busybox are not apps. They dont have icons. The simple explanation is that they are system components required for apps that use root.

Sent from my Dell Streak 7 using Tapatalk

imompero

Feb 8, 2011
plus.google.com
I am having a problem just getting the usb drivers to load, i have windows 7 64-bit, can't get my streak 7 official honeycomb to be recognized with the drivers provided on the OS, nor have any i found online work.

Diremaker35

Sep 15, 2010
North Hollywood
I am also having same issues win 7 64bit no drivers found but this in fastboot [? Fastboot] in driver section. Is it my path that's the reasons?

Also this is with fastboot+adbzip for streak 7 posted.

Sent from my ADR6350 using XDA App

Last edited:

Deivi_Z

Dec 6, 2011
Klaipeda
Hi, so how you enter clockworkmod? I did it via fastboot but I have no idea how to enter it. And fastboot devices shows me '? fastboot' what drivers did you use? 6 hours and I'm still stuck with no root. Please help

Top Liked Posts