• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How to root a system without knowing a bit about rooting? Plz Help

Search This thread

Arihant0908

Oct 11, 2021
Respected Forum Members and Readers,

I am an Android Rooting Enthusiast and I am totally new to this realm of hacking into the device and gaining its full access. I have just known about it through videos on youtube and have myself tried to root my device Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro by following videos not knowing really how the things work in actual and ended up losing original firmware. But since then I have been trying to find how to actually root a system by even reading the Book on Hacking by XDA Developers written by Jason Tyler. I have somewhat came to know the internal working but I am also a bit afraid as to try again to root my device as i really don't know how to do it till now and this time i can really not lose my device. But i still want to gain access of it and explore the infinite advantages of having a rooted device. Plz if anybody can help me walk my way through it.

Reactions: [email protected]

Arihant0908

Oct 11, 2021
And when i am downloading no verity encrypt files which files do i have to exactly download from this page and what should i do with them
Reference URL : https://build.nethunter.com/android-tools/no-verity-opt-encrypt/ Moreover the odin version which i dowloaded from the link given is of Nougat but i am running pie on my device

Thank You again for being such a sport to help me out... i am a newbie and i don't know much that is why i am asking for specific steps. :D :D

Last edited:
  • Wow

[email protected]

Jun 13, 2021
Samsung Galaxy J1
POCO M3

[email protected]

Jun 13, 2021
Samsung Galaxy J1
POCO M3

Arihant0908

Oct 11, 2021
And when i am downloading no verity encrypt files which files do i have to exactly download from this page and what should i do with them
Reference URL : https://build.nethunter.com/android-tools/no-verity-opt-encrypt/ Moreover the odin version which i dowloaded from the link given is of Nougat but i am running pie on my device

Thank You again for being such a sport to help me out... i am a newbie and i don't know much that is why i am asking for specific steps. :D :D
And about odin... besides the files that i have already downloaded will there be any problem with them too since i am running pie on my device, like twrp link that you sent me is already of pie but for other files like rmm no verity odin magisk will it affect them.

[email protected]

Jun 13, 2021
Samsung Galaxy J1
POCO M3
And about odin... besides the files that i have already downloaded will there be any problem with them too since i am running pie on my device, like twrp link that you sent me is already of pie but for other files like rmm no verity odin magisk will it affect them.
go to this website
here you will get odin for all android version download for which ever version is running on your phone.

Arihant0908

Oct 11, 2021
Screenshot_20211018-095455_Chrome.jpg

Which Odin do I have to download....

Arihant0908

Oct 11, 2021
Screenshot_20211018-095503_Chrome.jpg

Bro here it is asking to download force encryption disabler, do I have to.....
Besides since it iwas asking to download magisk canary here so will it be a problem with my device or should I go with normal magisk only.

[email protected]

Jun 13, 2021
Samsung Galaxy J1
POCO M3
View attachment 5435751
Bro here it is asking to download force encryption disabler, do I have to.....
Besides since it iwas asking to download magisk canary here so will it be a problem with my device or should I go with normal magisk only.
what, i have told you to download force encription disabler a thousand time like literally why to ask same question many times.

and about magisk don't i gave you link earlier so download that version only why???? canary just download magisk stable version.

Arihant0908

Oct 11, 2021
@[email protected]

Sorry for being so annoying... i am just being too cautious i think. Anyways i think this is the last question i am going to ask and probably this means end of trouble by me.... actually when i downloaded the forced encryption disabler file it was showing like this: J4+J6+oreo_forced encryption disabler so i think it is for oreo versions at most but as you know for sure i run pie so.. what's the catch here will the file still work or could i get this file for android pie or should i leave it... i have everything in line precisely as instructed by you [GREAT THANKS FOR THAT], but this is the last piece of the puzzle so plz help me grab it.

[email protected]

Jun 13, 2021
Samsung Galaxy J1
POCO M3
@[email protected]

Sorry for being so annoying... i am just being too cautious i think. Anyways i think this is the last question i am going to ask and probably this means end of trouble by me.... actually when i downloaded the forced encryption disabler file it was showing like this: J4+J6+oreo_forced encryption disabler so i think it is for oreo versions at most but as you know for sure i run pie so.. what's the catch here will the file still work or could i get this file for android pie or should i leave it... i have everything in line precisely as instructed by you [GREAT THANKS FOR THAT], but this is the last piece of the puzzle so plz help me grab it.
what is forced encription dissabler there are two files rmm and no-verity-opt-encrypt

Arihant0908

Oct 11, 2021
Screenshot_20211018-095503_Chrome.jpg

Reference URL: the last one which you gave for downloading ODIN

[ besides plz don't mind but I have downloaded Odin v3.13.1 for Android Pie Version is this the right one].

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @Arihant0908

take note that in order to root Android by means of Magisk, as recommended / advised by @[email protected], neither ODIN nor TWRP is needed: flashing TWRP in this case - as a necessary prerequisite - is an absolute overkill.
    All you need is to install Magisk Root app.
    See what I mean about not posting anything if you don't completely understand what you are talking about? This is two different members telling you this time, do not underestimate the fact that there is a reason why we are telling you this and do not overestimate your understanding of rooting, no offense, it is just obvious that you have some experience but not quite a full understanding of all the rooting methods or what devices they can be used on and which ones they can't.

Magisk is the most used method because it is what works best in most cases.

Root AND custom recovery is what is wanted by most people here, not just "root". Those that can't install custom recovery have to settle for only root but for those that can install custom recovery, it is either preferred by the user or is recommended by those of us that have experience with rooted devices because there are a lot of potential problems that can come along with rooting a device that can not be solved using stock recovery but CAN be solved using a custom recovery, not to mention the fact that custom recovery can create and restore complete backups where stock recovery can not. Talking people out of using a custom recovery isn't really doing them any favors, especially if they have no previous experience with rooting a device or using a device that has been rooting. Your advice about gaining root without TWRP may work, but, they are still better off to have a custom recovery installed instead of listening to your advice against using it.
    With regards to hiding root from banking / payment apps:

@Arihant0908

take note that in order to root Android by means of Magisk, as recommended / advised by @[email protected], neither ODIN nor TWRP is needed: flashing TWRP in this case - as a necessary prerequisite - is an absolute overkill.
    All you need is to install Magisk Root app.
    take note mr./mrs. @jwoegerbauer

if you know anything about magisk then you should know that it is not a one click root tool, you need to flash magisk for you to gain root access.

next, yes you only need to boot twrp but in case of samsung we need custom recovery to fix errors so it's good to have it flashed. odin helps remove complexity, and is safe to use.

i was trying to provide best stable and tested path and don't interfere if you don't know anything about topic, i humble request not to confuse people @jwoegerbauer
    You Sir are a patient good man and I admire you....
    No Homo 🤣
    But for real,,, this is why I like XDA... MOST ....of the people here are helpful.
    @[email protected]
    Thank You for taking pains to elaborate the process. i just want to ask one question are you sure this method won't brick my device this time. Sorry i am being like that because the phone i have mentioned is my mother's so she would be really pissed if it does not go right. And if my device gets stuck in boot loop rather being bricked can it still be recovered...